Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 PM
soulful

For those who want to let go...

I don't know the author of this as no name was attached where I found it.

"Letting go is the lesson. Letting go is always part of the lesson. Have you ever noticed how much of our agony is all tied up with craving and loss? Letting go is to know you need acceptance. To know acceptance in any situation, one must release all that keeps you bound to it, especially letting go of control.

With acceptance comes peace."

I doctored it up a little with a few of my own words and chose those words relative to my own experience of letting go.

I hope it helps to heal those who need it.

For me to finally let go, I needed to realize and honor the three things most important to me in my life:

My family
My heart
My integrity

...and then letting go was that much easier.

This connection had the capacity of stealing all three from me, and I recognized that.
So not worth the risk for me.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulful
I don't know the author of this as no name was attached where I found it.

"Letting go is the lesson. Letting go is always part of the lesson. Have you ever noticed how much of our agony is all tied up with craving and loss? Letting go is to know you need acceptance. To know acceptance in any situation, one must release all that keeps you bound to it, especially letting go of control.

With acceptance comes peace."

I doctored it up a little with a few of my own words and chose those words relative to my own experience of letting go.

Yes. Letting go is so humbling.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 PM
soulful

I can't speak for anyone else, but part of me feels some of us keep this connection alive through our own doing. JMHO

The mind is a powerful thing, and I know the soul is too, but if alcoholism and drug addiction can be beat, so can the twin flame connection. Does anyone think that alcoholism or drug addition is not a 'soul' thing? I believe it most certainly is, as it grips you in the deepest depths of it! If you want something bad enough (to let go) you can do it with conscious, continual effort.

I truly believe many don't want it to end because of the amazing feelings and the connection of having one special person that is close to their heart and soul that they can call their own in the "spiritual realm."

Again, these are just MY feelings and my assumptions, but this train of thought is helping me tremendously.

Granted, it makes it easier that my connection is a runner.

It's simply another journey, but I am captive no more.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:58 PM
twincities

Quote:
Does anyone think that alcoholism or drug addition is not a 'soul' thing? I believe it most certainly is, as it grips you in the deepest depths of it! If you want something bad enough (to let go) you can do it with conscious, continual effort.

And this is why the 12 Step Recovery program includes acceptance of something greater than oneself.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 PM
soulful

Exactly! For me, it was the acceptance that I can't have this relationship in the way I want it anyway, so why put anymore energy into it. I also had to accept that I love this other man and release any feelings of guilt over that fact.

People cannot control feelings of love but I know I can control what I do about it.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Lightworker42

Quote:
People cannot control feelings of love but I know I can control what I do about it.

This is true.