Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 15-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Master
Podshell,

For the physical side of what alcohol (or any allergic reaction) can do to the brain or body, I recently posted about an amino acid, l-histidine. I also have a right-side damage or leakage problem. I am ecstatic lately about the relaxation I get from it, the calmness and relief from the allergic responses in my brain/sinuses/eyes--even physical tension in jaw and eye muscles, that I didn't realize were there. It has also helped my son, who struggles with addictions. Here is the basic l-histidine info:

Histidine has to do with white and red blood cell production, the myelin sheath around nerves, particularly auditory nerves (sensitive ears), anemia, inflammatory reactions, vasodilating and hypotensive actions, sexual responses, boosts activity of suppressor T-cells. Acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter, treats tissue overload of copper, iron or other heavy metals Supports resistance to the effects of anxiety and stress. Histidine deficiency causes unbalancing effect on alpha rhythms, leading to great beta wave production, responsible for anger and tension. Especially high in cheese, port, poultry, wheat germ.

My son was really having a problem with the anger response and tension part. He said he had been patient at work but coming home really short-tempered to his girlfriend and baby. He told me that he has been able to sleep without 2-3 hours of brain spinning before falling asleep. And he feels much more relaxed, less tense. His girlfriend had been taking anti-depressants after the baby and she said it had helped her, although she doesn't take it regularly. For him there was a characteristic hyper phase that preceded his addictive behavior. He was antsy to get out, do something, and in that mood he would just say "Heck with the consequences, I'm gonna do this." He said he hasn't gotten that antsy feeling since starting histidine.

I am over-the-moon about the results lately but am trying to keep my powder dry to see how it works long term. Here is the link to the original post.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37973&page=2

Isle- Lora

Last edited by IsleWalker : 15-07-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 15-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
That sounds great, but cannot get into link on this comp, will try later
Old 15-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Master
Podshell--

The rest of the thread where this is probably wouldn't be of interest to you because it began about shorting out electronic equipment.

If you click on my name, threads I started, go to the end of thread "Solution to Electronics Shorting Out".

If not, just a little about allergic reactions:

Most people are familiar with anti-histamines. They are, as most medicine, made to repress the body's natural flushing response to an irritant. With a chronic irritant, the body becomes depleted of histidine and it either robs it from other parts of the body or isn't able to create the flushing response and the body is damaged by the irritant.

Allergic reactions are not just to ragweed and cat dander. Almost any condition that is chronic over a long period of time --like ulcers, arthritis, knee or hip damage, alcoholism, persistent sinus infections, ear infections, and especially stress--cause the body to try to respond to the irritant or damage by repairing with other amino acids. The byproduct of metabolizing amino acids is ammonia. Ammonia itself can become the allergic irritant, depleting histidine more (and whatever amino acids must be used for the repair work). It is catabolic, meaning it tears the body apart like cortisol. The body can handle some of it, but not huge amounts.

I'm sort of on my amino acid bandwagon, but to me it is an important health answer that is (a) cheap, (b) available without prescription (c) beneficial to the body by repairing damage instead of just shutting down the symptoms of it. Large amounts of aminos can cause imbalances too if not used carefully so read the contraindications before you start taking, start slowly and keep notes about any weird symptoms (or good ones). But you'll be able to tell in a 4-5 day period if it is good for your body. Start with a small bottle of maybe 100 capsules.

It is a whole different discussion as to why your body is damaging that particular part of your body. It does, I think, have to do with spiritual issues. So to me, both have to be worked simultaneously or else it won't do any good.

Isle - Lora
Old 15-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Sangress

Quote:
As someone who actually practices it, Sangress -- how do you define possession?

The act of inhabiting a physical body that belongs to someone else alongside the bodies owner (can be done via force or allowed.)

Control of said body can be minimal, its the inhabitation that defines it as far as I can see.
Old 16-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Master
Sorry rushed a bit at mo, so its an anti histamine IW? I had taken them for a short while in past.

As I child I was allergic to dustmites, feathers and cats...but recent test showed that timothy grass also caused probs , I think also pollen from my geraniums (pelargonium zonal types) in the house is causing me to be wheezy in a morning.
Old 16-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Master
Podshell--

No, it is the opposite of anti-histamine. It is l-histidine, which makes the histamines. See above. That allergic reaction is what has depleted your system of histidine. You need to replenish it. It has been robbed from other places--the ones that make you calm, relaxed physically.

Isle - Lora
Old 17-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Master
OK, not taking in fully what I am reading at moment, amongst other things I drastically cut my internet usage, thinking that may be part of the problem, stopped using it at home so only have an hour in library . that means emails sorting plus two forums to post on (down from five!) , have been looking out in shops for L- histidine but only saw it in a mixed amino acid body building powder which was expensive... by coincidence I came across some Pelargonum root tablets in the supermarket, for breathing problems , the very thing. or rather the pollen of that seems to be causing my wheeziness.
Old 17-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Master
Podshell--

I understand about the time. I thought at one time that TV affected me negatively. Didn't really help, unfortunately.

Yeah, usually the aminos are only available on Internet or sometimes at GNC (in US). I don't know where else.

I wouldn't try a mix of aminos--for several reasons.

BTW--I've seen in other forums like this one that kids are using l-histidine to increase lucid dreams, OBEs, etc. Don't know if it's a good idea or if it's a direct shot from one to the other, but I suppose it's a better alternative than drugs or weed cause you don't lose your sharpness.

Lora
Old 17-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Master
Would like to get it from foods , but looking at the list , there are quite a few I don't eat, used to eat a lot of broccoli but not as much recently and don't eat meat or fish, have eggs occasionaly when I go out for a meal.
Old 17-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Master
Podshell,

For long-standing allergic responses (and that isn't just regular allergies, but anything the body has to "fix" repeatedly, over many years) it is very difficult to replenish enough of the amino with just food.

In my case, for a situation that has existed for at least 45 years--it's taken me 6 years of supplementation to even begin to feel like I might be back to "normal".

Lora