Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I think the problem is that it's way more difficult, if not impossible, to make assertions on people over the internet. For example, someone regarded as dark like in my case (which I'm not going to deny) may be in real life quite helpful and good natured. Dark doesn't automatically have to be true darkness, just as light doesn't automatically mean something angelic.

Also, I actually have no interest in changing my username just because it rubs some people the wrong way. I don't feel like changing my name to something more ''cute'' and have people see the good in me. I'd rather have people see the bad/negative in me and still accept me who I am. Because of this I also don't think you should have changed your username as you have stated earlier, but whatever. It's your choice after all.
True.

Another misconception is that dark=evil and light = good. I am a very dark creature myself, but I don't worship Satan either.

One of my general misgivings about Spirituality and the whole New Age movement is that it all seems to be superficial and hypocritical on some level...all 'rainbows' and 'pink unicorns' and 'cute kittens' and about seeing the 'positive' aspect of everything without also understanding and embracing the 'negative' as one needs to do so, to transcend both.

It is all to do with 'stigma' and although I realised that my old name meant nothing (it was an old 'online gamer' handle), others wouldn't see it that way and while I am not too concerned with how or what others think based upon superficial perceptions, I kinda wanted to have some interaction on these boards, which was stifled by my user name.

So, I chose one (my spiritual name), so every time I saw it, I would be reminded of my purpose and what I am actually here for. 'Shivani Devi' means, basically 'the female beloved aspect of Shiva' - so that is the whole story.
Old 28-05-2018, 02:15 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Will Blood Drop and a rottweiler picture also work? Because you see... I'm kinda not really into snow and kittens.

I understand your individuality and it makes a person much stronger to show the world how they really want to be portrayed so I respect you for that.

My point was of the Energies that you can attract but these Energies may feed you just as Positive Energies feed me....It was nice talking and apologies for any thing I may have said that didn't resonate with you...I'm learning just as you are.
Old 28-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
It does, it's common angles come in human form. No matter what the image of the person is they shouldn't be disregarded as dark or negative until closer observation has been made. The person who started the thread feels alienated, Slayer made comments how he is judged for "being dark". I have been judged an labeled time and time again. Even buy people who consider themselves a higher form of person. If you judge a stranger in a negative way. You just might be doing it to an angel an you would never know. That's the point I was trying to make.

I don't know anything about angels or aliens,they don't resonate with me but I know the wrongs of judgment so sorry if I got you wrong.
Old 28-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
True.

Another misconception is that dark=evil and light = good. I am a very dark creature myself, but I don't worship Satan either.

One of my general misgivings about Spirituality and the whole New Age movement is that it all seems to be superficial and hypocritical on some level...all 'rainbows' and 'pink unicorns' and 'cute kittens' and about seeing the 'positive' aspect of everything without also understanding and embracing the 'negative' as one needs to do so, to transcend both.

I get irritated as well at times about this whole New Age movement with it's happy hippy stuff and hypocritical nature, but that's okay I can still tolerate that to an extent. What bothers me the most about this New Age movement and it's followers is that they usually tell people in great pain that they are the cause of their own suffering. Excuse me, but who do they think they are to nail this as a fact about someone else? They always have some excuse for everything, such as when a small child dies of cancer they automatically assume that it was an incarnated ''angel'' that choose for it to happen. Or the reason someone is born with a mental disability and will never be able to enjoy the pleasures and gifts life has to offer is to spiritually grow or learn. But learn WHAT? Who decides what we need to learn and what we SHOULD learn?

Totally makes no sense. But who cares, let them believe what they want as long they won't say the wrong things to those who are suffering terribly. Of course, I'm not generalising everyone within the New Age community as I'm aware there are some more decent and reasonable members that are nothing like the above.

Quote:
It is all to do with 'stigma' and although I realised that my old name meant nothing (it was an old 'online gamer' handle), others wouldn't see it that way and while I am not too concerned with how or what others think based upon superficial perceptions, I kinda wanted to have some interaction on these boards, which was stifled by my user name.

So, I chose one (my spiritual name), so every time I saw it, I would be reminded of my purpose and what I am actually here for. 'Shivani Devi' means, basically 'the female beloved aspect of Shiva' - so that is the whole story.

Fair enough, seems logical enough.
Old 28-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I understand your individuality and it makes a person much stronger to show the world how they really want to be portrayed so I respect you for that.

My point was of the Energies that you can attract but these Energies may feed you just as Positive Energies feed me....It was nice talking and apologies for any thing I may have said that didn't resonate with you...I'm learning just as you are.

Not sure what you mean about those energies, unless you mean people? Also, you don't really have anything to apologise for if you ask me because you didn't say anything wrong.
Old 28-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
I get irritated as well at times about this whole New Age movement with it's happy hippy stuff and hypocritical nature, but that's okay I can still tolerate that to an extent. What bothers me the most about this New Age movement and it's followers is that they usually tell people in great pain that they are the cause of their own suffering. Excuse me, but who do they think they are to nail this as a fact about someone else? They always have some excuse for everything, such as when a small child dies of cancer they automatically assume that it was an incarnated ''angel'' that choose for it to happen. Or the reason someone is born with a mental disability and will never be able to enjoy the pleasures and gifts life has to offer is to spiritually grow or learn. But learn WHAT? Who decides what we need to learn and what we SHOULD learn?

Totally makes no sense. But who cares, let them believe what they want as long they won't say the wrong things to those who are suffering terribly. Of course, I'm not generalising everyone within the New Age community as I'm aware there are some more decent and reasonable members that are nothing like the above.

Fair enough, seems logical enough.
Oh you have just touched a raw nerve.

I was going through this thing the other day...forgive me people for what I am going to say here.

It seems like the whole 'shifting of personal responsibility' has subtly infiltrated even those who claim to be 'spiritual'. Not all, as you have said, but many.

It's like people will go; "I am going to say that you are egotistical, arrogant, opinionated, self-righteous and full of baloney...but try not to get offended, because IF you do, it says more about you than it does about me".

Then, you pour your heart out, tell about all the trauma and pain you have gone through that is still affecting your life and get "snap out of it, rise above it, stop playing the 'victim' because you're not getting any sympathy from me"...and here I was, honestly thinking and believing that spiritual people we're 'sposed to be loving and compassionate. Where is the evidence for this?

It was this that made me realise that even though I believe in God, I am neither religious nor 'spiritual' as I didn't subscribe to any man-made ideologies of either (and it appeared neither did anybody else, by example).

A week ago, I took a few days break from all this...I had originally planned to go on hiatus for two weeks, but thought I had settled down enough after 4 days to resume...but lately, I feel that even two weeks isn't going to be enough to get over this...and why I am still here on a 'spiritual forum' when I am not 'spiritual'?...I have no idea, my friend.
Old 28-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Again, that is another misconception...but I have read almost all the posts you have made on this forum...as I do with everybody on here. It's like a huge, interactive 'book' for me and maybe...just maybe MY assertions are also the result of a false perception based on specific utterances, which only goes to highlight and illustrate my point above. It is like a case of the blind leading the blind, whilst the blind watches on...I also wonder if a 'spiritual forum' can serve any real purpose whatsoever and I also wonder if I am alone in my musings on this.

You are not alone. Some of your musings resonate very well with me.

Some days you fly so high ... it's beautiful.
Old 28-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
You are not alone. Some of your musings resonate very well with me.

Some days you fly so high ... it's beautiful.
Thank you and that was kindly appreciated.
Old 28-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Not sure what you mean about those energies, unless you mean people? Also, you don't really have anything to apologise for if you ask me because you didn't say anything wrong.

Ya.People's emotion's which I see as Energy.
https://www.google.ie/search?q=kittens&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE750IE750&source=l nms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiZkPDk3ajbAhXQYVAKHfu 3Bj8Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=637
Old 28-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Then, you pour your heart out, tell about all the trauma and pain you have gone through that is still affecting your life and get "snap out of it, rise above it, stop playing the 'victim' because you're not getting any sympathy from me"...and here I was, honestly thinking and believing that spiritual people we're 'sposed to be loving and compassionate. Where is the evidence for this?

I think it's about being real.....but to get to that you have to go down the spiritual path which leads to the realness.then the spiritual path is dropped and you get to start over again with the Isolation of realness....its all a bit confusing,, just when you get it,BANG!,,,somebody changed the rules again