Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Master
Prometheus

So who is looking forward to this film? Can you believe all the hype?

I'm not going to go to the cinema to see it, but I'm intrigued non the less. I want to know more.....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Mind's Eye

Yes, I am actually looking forward to this movie... It's kind of right up my alley.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Henri77

I'd say
It really should be seen on large screen...Ridley Scotts work is all about visual impact.
It's sad that this is a sciFi horror story, sigh... do we really need more to fear in the future?
However it's sure to be an experience and I'm curious what the overall story is. I've always been scifi devotee.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Master
Ridley is a very talented Director. One of my favourites.

The trailer is now available on the net - looks awesome. I'm curious about the story too.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Henri77

Ridley has never really surpassed Blade Runner. For sheer blazing originality, heart, set design and filmic beauty.
I doubt anyone has... on a limited budget
Crew members wore tee shirts reflecting the disdain of Ridley's tough demanding methods.

Yikes, Ridley directed
Alien
Blade Runner
Thelma & Louise
Hannibal
All legendary films that won't be forgotten. and lots of others not quite as memorable , but masterfully executed.

I REALLY really hope Prometheus has a somewhat optimistic resolution .... that doesn't require a sequel. The Prometheus legend offers little insight to the plot-theme of the film. Other than aliens may be responsible for mankinds existance-development.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Henri77

Well I just read that Prometheus is a prequel of sorts ,to Alien. according to a 2011 interview with Ridley... "inhabiting the same story universe as Alien" but without the alien being we've seen before.
Anyway that's his official statement in 2011...and editing can yet alter the tone of a film.

Despite the June release . there seems heavy secrecy regarding the story,,

Well now I at least know what emotional tone to expect..... and won't be looking for a 2001-Close Encounter feelgood movie. (sigh)

Scott is a realist rather than a spiritual visionary, and knows how to get big budget movies made.

Just read alien cost $11 million and grossed $185 million worldwide.

Still, I wish we'd get fewer popcorn blockbusters and more films that give us hope about our wisdom-abilities.

Humans have far far more power than many filmmakers imagine. Something Ripley beautifully illustrated in Alien
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Henri77

There's a 1/2 second image in the trailer revealing the Geiger inspired ship design from Alien series.... so yeah, the story connection is evidently there, or at least implied.

I loved Ripley's dry wit, and do hope some release from tension-dread is included.

All his films I love include ironic humor... so there's hope it won't be merely an elegant, thought provoking terrorfest.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 PM
hawkmoth65

This is a film I'm also eagerly awaiting to see.I love the Alien series,Prometheus looks like it might well be deeper though,and yes I believe it is set before the Nostromo and Ripley et al responded to that distress beacon in 'Alien'.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoth65
This is a film I'm also eagerly awaiting to see.I love the Alien series,Prometheus looks like it might well be deeper though,and yes I believe it is set before the Nostromo and Ripley et al responded to that distress beacon in 'Alien'.

I'd forgotten that element entirely. (Nostromo eh, hmm)
As much as I avoid most horror films, (Gave em up after the Exorcist) I've seen the Alien films 2-3 times and the first was exquisite in terms of art design.
One source suggested Ridley already hinted at a sequel to Prometheus, and there's still talk about a Blade Runner 2
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Henri77

I really didn't know each version was by a different director

1 Ridley Scott
2 James Cameron
3 David Fincher
Resurrection, Jean Pierre Junet

All very "visual style" oriented directors

and now Ridley again

couple sites already include Prometheus in the Alien series list