Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 21-12-2014, 04:48 AM
Master
Recent Vision

I'm here in NZ and went back to Hamilton Ontario in '95 and had some info pass between me and the six nations... it was cool. NZ tends be alot more multi-cultural and peoples ties to the land are respected. Anyways I was concerned when I was in Canada and the local Native Americans found a way, through the voice of a child, to communicate they flt my concerns. Neato!

A while back I did that power animal thing from the fight club movie and got bobcat... seems to fit, and then recently a channel seemed to open through a meeting with someone and used the Roman statesman Seneca. So while meditating about this someone I felt a connection and rather smartly asked my Indian name and got sleeping wolf... choice!

Anyways some more stuff started happening and coyote as a talisman appeared and I felt there was a message coming. More stuff kept coming through and I got a vision of a white fawn (nice shiver from that) and some animal words which turned out to be the male clans in the Seneca... plot thickens.

Here we go. Grandfather on my mothers side turned into an Owl and cut off my right hand the Raccoon came a sewed it back on with a twist of sweetgrass between hand and arm. The Porcupine arrived and gave me an arrow mad from his quills and I cut a pattern into my heart the Grandma, on my fathers side arrived and said 'Don't hesitate'.

This was all during a meditation when I asked who white fawn was.

The pattern, I later found out (google), was the medicine wheel and orientated vertically but the vertical line carried down below the circle and had two much smaller circles either side.

Thankyou for reading.
Old 21-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Suspended
I do not understand what you are trying to say here. I suggest you see a Therapist to help you figure this all out.
Old 21-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Master
Thankyou Thunderbow, I suppose I just need some help with some of the ascribed meanings which may be inherent but if they aren't there in an obvious way then it doesn't matter.

These things eventually take on a meaning and fit in. I suppose I just want'd to see if they would touch base in any way here.
Old 24-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Raven Poet

Dear Mr. Interesting: I have just cleansed and opened with sweet grass, and am about to start Drumming and rattling. I will then record what comes to me as I re-read this very intriguing post. Here goes ...

the voice of the Child always carries the Truth ... until we "socialize" the truth out of the little ones who are naturally most closest to Creator.

Wolf sleeps until it is time to wake up: to service of others, to find and become part of one's community; to take one's rightful place in the sacred circle

Coyote medicine ... not always as it first looks on the surface, or may try to teach and heal us through leading us on a wild fool's chase. Humbleness to be the fool, to learn and grow from laughing at our selves and how easily we can be fooled sometimes. what was the lesson in being fooled

vulnerability and innocence further evidenced by white fawn - and the delicate trusting nature a fawn has in its mother and its world, and its humble place in the circle of life. innocence and vulnerability, like the child, to be protected and honoured and learned from, especially as adults who have grown hard and blind to the beauty and mysteries of Life.

Grandfather Owl -- ancient wisdom and messenger ... special messages to you - trust what you have received in messages. Raccoon - another trickster spirit - yet heals and fixes by sewing on the right hand (masculine) with sweetgrass (feminine healing)

Porcupine's gift of quills turned into masculine tool of arrow. Yet balance again there with the appearance of Grandmother - balance of Sacred Feminine with Sacred Masculine. Listening to Ancient Women's wisdom and guidance - the grandmothers are the ones who lead and guide us to do the right things, to live as spiritual warriors and use our arrows in a way that brings nourishment and protection to the people in our service to the people. Grandmother encouraging you to take rightful action - it is a good time to do so "don't hesitate"

Medicine Wheel with a vertical line - from Spiritual plane to mental plane - from Spirit to mind, extending deep into the earth of the mind.

There. that's what I got as I drummed. This post fascinated me. Thank you for letting me share - take what fits and lovingly release the rest.

two questions out of curiosity: when you say the local Native Americans in Ontario found a way to communicate through the voice of a child to fit your concerns. What concerns were you having? No pressure to share if that's not appropriate for you to do so.

other question: there was a thing about a power animal in "Fight Club"? I'll have to rewatch that. I loved that movie - very intriguing and trickster-ish, it was. (And as a female, I gotta say Brad Pitt was easy to look at. Hee hee)

thank you for sharing this! enjoy as you continue to uncover more answers!
Old 27-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Master
Hey Raven Poet... cheers alot, some nice rounding out of specific details which was what I wanted. Basically I saw and felt the land offering up ways for the people to heal themselves which in a sense came from me feeling the land poisoned by the heavy industry and steel mills etc, and I went out to the reservation a few times but the person everyone said I should go see was away and then when I went to a pow wow I was just too shy. I just wanted to touch base really but then during a barbecue a cousins young son, about three at the time, who could hardly speak more than three letter words, came up to me and said three ten letter words with distinct pronunciation (I've forgotten what they were over the past twenty years) which basically said we know you're here and we are of the same understanding... which absolutely floored the mother of the boy and freaked out everyone who heard but my Mum came to the rescue and said it was fine 'cause stuff like that happens around me. I ended up doing a mural for the little boy and his fathers grandmothers spirit was down in the basement the whole time... she was lovely.

Yeah during the first part of the movie the guy Edward Norton plays gets addicted to going to meetings where the people are dying in some way, and where he meets Helena's character, and during one meeting the person leading the meeting takes them on a small meditation to meet their power animal... so I tried it.

Yeah I like that the Native Americans get the whole trickster thing. It's a very valid way for spirit to get messages across and very humbling for the person acting on behalf. Huge thanks Raven Poet for taking me seriously... I appreciate it.
Old 27-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Suspended
Are you telling us about a movie you saw?? I still can not make much sense out of what you are trying to say here?
Old 27-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Administrator
Im with Thunder Bow on thid i cant make sense of it either what do you think it means?

Namaste
Old 27-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Im with Thunder Bow on thid i cant make sense of it either what do you think it means?

Namaste

We are two confused Indians here
Old 27-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Master
Sorry chaps... coyoteville.

Of necessity is the need to leave out much of the connectivity as it would take up all this servers ability ( the computers) and the rest of my life to write it all up in book form. There are so many strands coming together which pop and bounce between and through all kinds of stuff be it past lives and ancestors and spirits and the land speaking that I have to leave out much and just get what I see as the defining gestures in a type of shorthand so people see the underneath of and feel the spirit of the thing.

But it's good. Raven Poet has added some necessary detail, in places, which has filled out some of the parable even I was given.

I'm quite surprised myself that the land I was born in might still find it's way into my life now that I'm halfway across the world and that the First nation peoples might be the conduit fills me with a resounding sense of humility and gratitude. It's all quite lovely and embracing. It feels totally like a gift and excuse me still just playing with the box it came in nevermind getting to the actual present.

Even last night when I read raven Poets reply I looked at her public profile and found the word 'Anishinaabe' which I googled and got back into the Algonquin ideas and then Ojibwe which reminded me of something I uncovered years ago which came back again to the visions I'm talking about here... and I've just gone looking for it and it's really convoluted. But I've got to go now so I'll try and come back and pick stuff up...
Old 28-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Suspended
You speak more clearly in the other thread here. Do you really know what a Vision is? Maybe you need to stay with the cultures in you land, when discussing this.