Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Master

Curious

Hey there -

I'm just curious about people's awakening experiances- I'm just wondering if the processes humans go through are pretty stock standard? As in are the symbols and signs that accompany it pretty much the same?
I'm an atheist (fundie Christian upbringing)- who had never really meditated prior awakening- so most of what I experianced was completely new territory- are these symbols and processes just things we subconsciously pick up from society- that are stored in the "mass brain" (in your opinion).
This is kinda embarrassing but mine was the whole sterotypical soul connection awakening (I wish I had a cooler catalyst story- like getting lost out in the bush for 3 days and having to survive on whichety grubs and tree sap until on the 3rd day when I spontaneously had an awakening or that one day I was walking and "just thinking about the moon" and then WHAM BAM- awakening)

I have a few more queries but they arn't quite formed yet

Thanks for your time!
Old 16-01-2014, 09:33 PM
silent whisper

Our process and journey seems to link in a *common connection* and unfolding, but of course the process and experiences under that greater unfolding are unique to us..

Remembering we have predominate processors that seem to *lead* at some point of that unfolding, so for a *feeler* and a *thinker* that experience and process may appear to be a stark contrast in itself, but ultimately all are in their process of the greater as one. Not saying a thinker doesn't feel or a feeler doesn't think..:) just more their is seems to be a predominate mode of assimilating and processing going on within the individual unique to them and this creates their unique experience connected to "that predominate mode"

The awakening process doesn't end in just one awakening space...so your connection to what you wish *could have been* may expand into a greater awakening process through that space of being that your sharing.. We are expansive souls, here to wake up to ourselves and our connections through all experiences and senses we can perceive through, so even awake to yourself does take on an awakening deeper within to the nature of what is *out there*..

Immersion into reality deepens our experiences and senses as one.

My waking-up started about 26 years ago. During that process, I went through a state of letting go of my past,(Conscious walk) *varying therapies supporting me* In the last seven years my bigger spiritual awakening moments were to open me and immerse me more in the greater awakening beyond the *self* awakening. That was quite profound in that I was a walking in an altered reality for a number of months, supported by spirit guides.Of course what comes with that process is experiences related, so my individual experiences suddenly went into a greater experience where by I was immersed one with greater experiences to match that space in me awakening.

Of course it all depends on your own purpose as an individual and your greater purpose as one what, experiences will awaken and what you choose once your feel that deeper connection with all life to live your life fully..
Old 18-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Master

Thanks Silent :)

I just had to let your response and my queries sit with me for a bit- and was able to draw some helpful personal conclusions:

Awakenings are completely tailor made to suit the individuals circumstances- but the 'process' itself works along a similar blueprint. (We to through similar stages to varying degrees and at different times lol) "different strokes for different folks"

I think what frustrated me the most about my particular mode of awakening was I found it could get confusing in its early stages because it so directly involved my part of the perceived 'connection' so some of the symbols and signs I was experiencing - like the 'trinity' at one with 'god' - Devine marriage/ balancing of masculine feminine/ yin yang yada ya - my brain grasped onto a specific person to be a representation of that internal harmony - of course my young relationship orientated brain wanted to run away with the attachment I felt to the person- also another massive part of the process.

I was at a bit of a loss during that time because it seemed like genuine knowledge is rather lacking and people in general were unfamiliar with what it was I was experiencing- it's probably not that uncommon for people to feel that way. which I guess is where some people jump onto the whole twin thing- it appears to fill in some of the gaps - personally it did my head in a bit which I now think was a big part of my lesson - like alot of entrenched religious beliefs I had to let go of the twin thing was somewhat the same- not specifically the twin ideology - but pretty much just fear based ideas people have about relationships in general (issues of possession- ownership- gender roles ect ect).
Also I am starting to see that no matter what vehicle we are taking on the road of awakening- eventually we will all get to the point where we have to let go of whatever attachments we have in order to make room to just BE and perhaps be of service. I just hadn't realised the extent of those attachments and how alot of them are just attachments to fear based 'ideas'- prior to now for me it was attachments to people- relationships -outcomes- situations- living arrangements ect- so really just attachment to 'control'

Cool cool :)

Bless this place that lets me ramble on nonsensically!
Old 18-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon
Not at all, much of what you said makes perfect sense to me! And the bits that don't, hopefully will in time, if and when I experience the truth of them for myself.

I'm curious about this 'sterotypical soul connection awakening' you had -go on, elaborate, I'm curious. Whether it happens on the north face of the Eiger, or while you're lying in bed, the location isn't particularly relevant. It can happen while you're doing the dishes, it's still an amazing feeling.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about signs and symbols (can you give me an example of two?), but I'll tell you briefly about my awakening - I was lying in bed at about five in the morning, it was summer and light out, and I couldn't get back to sleep. I'd completely lost my faith and believed I lived in a Godless universe; I felt absolutely hopeless, that life was a meaningless, painful ordeal and I couldn't see a reason for living any more. And then I just stopped struggling, because I felt like I couldn't win no matter how much I struggled.

The transition to a state of bliss was imperceptible (because my mind became silent, I think), but somehow or other it happened, and suddenly I found myself stood at the window, gazing out onto the street with this feeling of peace and profound happiness. The world wasn't this hostile, loveless place I'd built it up to be, it was beautiful and benign and I felt blessed to be alive.

Another poster (I forget who, sorry if you're reading this) posted up this video of Louis CK talking about surrendering to the sadness inside, the 'forever empty' as he calls it, and he absolutely nails it for me. He talks about feeling blessed to have felt this beautiful sorrow, and I know just what he means. And yet we're forever fighting it, for fear of annihilation maybe.
Old 18-01-2014, 03:27 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon
Thanks Silent :)

I just had to let your response and my queries sit with me for a bit- and was able to draw some helpful personal conclusions:

Awakenings are completely tailor made to suit the individuals circumstances- but the 'process' itself works along a similar blueprint. (We to through similar stages to varying degrees and at different times lol) "different strokes for different folks"

Yes the canvas created is unique to us, the underlying connection is a spiritual connection as one..

I think what frustrated me the most about my particular mode of awakening was I found it could get confusing in its early stages because it so directly involved my part of the perceived 'connection' so some of the symbols and signs I was experiencing - like the 'trinity' at one with 'god' - Devine marriage/ balancing of masculine feminine/ yin yang yada ya - my brain grasped onto a specific person to be a representation of that internal harmony - of course my young relationship orientated brain wanted to run away with the attachment I felt to the person- also another massive part of the process.

I was at a bit of a loss during that time because it seemed like genuine knowledge is rather lacking and people in general were unfamiliar with what it was I was experiencing- it's probably not that uncommon for people to feel that way. which I guess is where some people jump onto the whole twin thing- it appears to fill in some of the gaps - personally it did my head in a bit which I now think was a big part of my lesson - like alot of entrenched religious beliefs I had to let go of the twin thing was somewhat the same- not specifically the twin ideology - but pretty much just fear based ideas people have about relationships in general (issues of possession- ownership- gender roles ect ect).
Also I am starting to see that no matter what vehicle we are taking on the road of awakening- eventually we will all get to the point where we have to let go of whatever attachments we have in order to make room to just BE and perhaps be of service. I just hadn't realised the extent of those attachments and how alot of them are just attachments to fear based 'ideas'- prior to now for me it was attachments to people- relationships -outcomes- situations- living arrangements ect- so really just attachment to 'control' ]]

Yes pretty much everything you share here is what my journey over all those years mentioned entailed..letting go of attachements and fears,human constructs and ideas, conditioning..required mirrors to reflect what I needed to learn..so even as twin souls, trinity symbols etc may all reflect our very nature of essence within, the process to understand and bring form and view to requires an external mirror to reflect what we need.

Just so you know, walking through some parts of my awakening, some of my family thought I was going crazy,didnt understand ,but often every step their was always someone who understood..in the whole reflection..at play..

Cool cool :)

Old 18-01-2014, 03:33 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Not at all, much of what you said makes perfect sense to me! And the bits that don't, hopefully will in time, if and when I experience the truth of them for myself.

I'm curious about this 'sterotypical soul connection awakening' you had -go on, elaborate, I'm curious. Whether it happens on the north face of the Eiger, or while you're lying in bed, the location isn't particularly relevant. It can happen while you're doing the dishes, it's still an amazing feeling.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about signs and symbols (can you give me an example of two?), but I'll tell you briefly about my awakening - I was lying in bed at about five in the morning, it was summer and light out, and I couldn't get back to sleep. I'd completely lost my faith and believed I lived in a Godless universe; I felt absolutely hopeless, that life was a meaningless, painful ordeal and I couldn't see a reason for living any more. And then I just stopped struggling, because I felt like I couldn't win no matter how much I struggled.

The transition to a state of bliss was imperceptible (because my mind became silent, I think), but somehow or other it happened, and suddenly I found myself stood at the window, gazing out onto the street with this feeling of peace and profound happiness. The world wasn't this hostile, loveless place I'd built it up to be, it was beautiful and benign and I felt blessed to be alive.

Another poster (I forget who, sorry if you're reading this) posted up this video of Louis CK talking about surrendering to the sadness inside, the 'forever empty' as he calls it, and he absolutely nails it for me. He talks about feeling blessed to have felt this beautiful sorrow, and I know just what he means. And yet we're forever fighting it, for fear of annihilation maybe.

I enjoyed reading your story...what struck me was that last line about feeling blessed to have felt beautiful sorrow..I too know what that means. To let go into that place can feel like a complete loss of control that frightens some,that level of surrender....but in saying that the body adapts its own unique way to release in its own time and way..
Old 18-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Master
I finally watched the Louis CK video (because I couldn't imagine him as someone with anything spiritual to say!)--Who knew Louis CK was so spiritually deep??? And funny at the same time! You could tell the audience was surprised to hear him talk about such deep issues, but they laughed and he plowed on. Great.

Lora
Old 18-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
I enjoyed reading your story...what struck me was that last line about feeling blessed to have felt beautiful sorrow..I too know what that means. To let go into that place can feel like a complete loss of control that frightens some,that level of surrender....but in saying that the body adapts its own unique way to release in its own time and way..
That's what I'm finding, yeah. I keep saying 'just let go, just let go,' but something stops me, and it's exactly that fear of losing control. And giving up the story is a big part of letting go; the more I practice being present, the more I see how I try to construct a narrative instead of letting things be as they are. Letting go - seems so hard, feels so good.

I get the beautiful sorrow thing when I'm listening to certain music (eg Radiohead or Smashing Pumpkins), it's funny because my mates listen to it and they say it's wrist-slitting music whereas I find it both sad and oddly uplifting. It's kind of cathartic I guess, but I think my mates live in fear of the 'forever empty' so they deny those feelings even exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I finally watched the Louis CK video (because I couldn't imagine him as someone with anything spiritual to say!)--Who knew Louis CK was so spiritually deep??? And funny at the same time! You could tell the audience was surprised to hear him talk about such deep issues, but they laughed and he plowed on. Great.

Lora
Yeah, that was one of the things that really struck - there's stifled laughter and you can tell the audience is uncomfortable with the subject matter, because you just don't hear people talking about it in public, it's not the done thing. I've seen quite a lot of Louis CK's stand-up recently and the thing I really love about it is that he just cuts through the bull and tells it like it is, no matter how embarrassing it might potentially be. And people love that, they love to feel 'oh good, it's not just me.'
Old 18-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being

A Human Being (hello there)- thanks for sharing a little part of your journey- how long before you went through that transition had you been feeling like you had lost your faith? it seems to be that most people come in to the world with a huge stock faith but it gradually starts to decline over the years due to personal and social experiences -I was a very spiritual kid with alot of faith in god/universe (I guess most kids are really) and I can sort of see now why I choose to incarnate into my environment- with my families particular karma- as lonely as my experience could be at times- it facilitated alot of healing within the family unit- and even in a slighter sense the systems I was raised in- particularly the church (I was born into the church as they were going through a massive spiritual transformation) and it all served as a training ground to help me with my overall purpose.

What you said about "beautiful sorrow" resonated with me also- there comes a time when we have nowhere left to run or hide from those deep hurts- and being able to be fully present with it gives it a chance to transform - the strength of our resilience and our ability to rise from the depths is a wonderfully inspiring thing.
Old 18-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Master

Isle walker :) it is really wonderful when people who we least expect - open up and share these aspects of themselves- humour plays a really important role in it a as well- it's the quickest link between people- or whatever that quote is - hana
It allows others to be themselves. I remember once a hilarious, agnostic friend of mine (who I thought was just a funny guy with not a massive amount of depth) one day always asked if he prayed- and to my surprise said- "yes- I always have" it allowed me to not feel ashamed of my own faith.