Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
As for beliefs changing, I think it's the way we continue to grow and learn in life.

Blackraven--

I'd like to believe this too, but it's something I can't quite convince myself of yet. Yes, my beliefs are different than they were before. And, yes, I hope they are more "evolved". But do I know that to be true? No. Maybe they are just ...different. Different fulfills the mandate for constant growth too.

Great questions to ask, though.

Lora
Old 22-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Thanks Ms. H. I'm handling a distant relative young person right now who is having a rough life. I am trying my hardest to empower her, but she is so low and it all boils down to convincing her to start believing in herself and stop looking for others to validate her. Maybe I'll find some way to use the "Let there be light" belief to her when I talk to her tonight. Let there be light in all of us.
Blackraven
Hi,
Ya know, I'm kinda like a life coach. But I dont know you...you haven't come to me and don't know me...I'm meeting someone in 45 min as a coach.
IF you had come to me privately I would have suggested the opposite...in other words
to rely 100% on our Father...not herself at all...lean on our Dad...ask Him for strength, insight
clarity of mind...whether He works in her dream tonight or a bully that is bother hers dream, or maybe He will arrange something supernatural to happen to snap her out of her funk...
Ask, believe in God, or the Divine Source that He loves us and only wants the good for us
And to forge a friendship relationship of honesty with Him.

If you ask a stanger to sign for a car for you...doesn't happen but if you ask your father that is close to you and you have a relationship with...He'll sign for you...have her foster an intimate relationship of trust with Him.

Hope this wasn't too gooey with love of God for you...it is sometimes.
I have to watch that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi,
Ya know, I'm kinda like a life coach. But I dont know you...you haven't come to me and don't know me...I'm meeting someone in 45 min as a coach.
IF you had come to me privately I would have suggested the opposite...in other words
to rely 100% on our Father...not herself at all...lean on our Dad...ask Him for strength, insight
clarity of mind...whether He works in her dream tonight or a bully that is bother hers dream, or maybe He will arrange something supernatural to happen to snap her out of her funk...
Ask, believe in God, or the Divine Source that He loves us and only wants the good for us
And to forge a friendship relationship of honesty with Him.

If you ask a stanger to sign for a car for you...doesn't happen but if you ask your father that is close to you and you have a relationship with...He'll sign for you...have her foster an intimate relationship of trust with Him.

Hope this wasn't too gooey with love of God for you...it is sometimes.
I have to watch that.

Miss H - Why am I not surprised you're a life coach? Everything you said makes sense to me, but then again I was raised in the Catholic church, but with this young teen, I'm trying to meet her where she's at and work from there. Her mother never exposed her to religion, she wasn't baptized and has never gone to any organized church. To be honest, unfortunately her mom is always putting the fear of Satan in her and her brother instead of teaching faith, forgiveness and yes, belief. So I'm starting from square one. I'm not equipped to teach Christianity 101, but you give me pause for thought as I continue to have interaction with this young lady.

Blackraven
Old 23-05-2013, 02:05 AM
Oh, oh, oh...I see and I also missed she was a teen.
Gosh, this stuff is so delicate.
You're doin great.
Xxoo

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Miss H - Why am I not surprised you're a life coach? Everything you said makes sense to me, but then again I was raised in the Catholic church, but with this young teen, I'm trying to meet her where she's at and work from there. Her mother never exposed her to religion, she wasn't baptized and has never gone to any organized church. To be honest, unfortunately her mom is always putting the fear of Satan in her and her brother instead of teaching faith, forgiveness and yes, belief. So I'm starting from square one. I'm not equipped to teach Christianity 101, but you give me pause for thought as I continue to have interaction with this young lady.

Blackraven

But what happens if you tell her that God will help her and nothing happens? She will have lost all trust in you and in God too....
Old 23-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
But what happens if you tell her that God will help her and nothing happens? She will have lost all trust in you and in God too....

Juanita - Which is exactly why I choose to build up her self-esteem slowly the best I know how and help her be less vulnerable to bullying. I'm hoping she can start to believe in her own value without the validation of others, which is hard at her age. It's also hard for me to know how painful her life experiences are.

Blackraven
Old 23-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Juanita - Which is exactly why I choose to build up her self-esteem slowly the best I know how and help her be less vulnerable to bullying. I'm hoping she can start to believe in her own value without the validation of others, which is hard at her age. It's also hard for me to know how painful her life experiences are.

Blackraven

You know, if I could go back in time, I would have had all my kids participate in martial arts--karate, Judo--something like that....It builds confidence, self esteem, physical strength as well as mental and emotional strength......Other than that all you can do is to compliment her when she does well or is trying to do well......yes, it is a tough age......
Old 24-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Do you think the act of believing in something is a power in and of itself to the point that what you believe actually happens, or so you believe it does? Can outcomes and transformation be made with belief? Or are beliefs simply something chosen to follow for whatever reason (upbringing, conditioning, exposure, education or fascination to name a few)?

Another train of thought…If a belief is in place long enough, does it become one’s truth or reality regardless to what is socially the norm in society? Therefore, if we continue to believe in something that can’t be proven to the majority of society through its senses and understanding, does delusion take place or simply different frames of mind?

What are your thoughts?

Blackraven

"If you wear the mask for long enough, do you not become the mask?"

I think there's a distinction between what we truly believe - to coin a phrase - "with all our Heart and Soul" and what we think we should believe. If you do believe it with 'all your Heart and Soul' then yes they do have power but in an empowering way; but does that power come from the belief, does it come from you or is it the same place? If you have your beliefs because that's what you think you should believe because you want to be with the 'in-crowd' then they're pretty empty and meaningless.

Truth and reality take many different forms and they've both been talked about in here with what seems to be no final conclusion. Truth and reality are what they are for very human reasons, often regardless of any facts to the contrary. Herd mentality, fitting in and reward all have their effect on truth and reality. As for delusion, that seems to be more down to choice as much as truth and reality are.
Old 24-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
"If you wear the mask for long enough, do you not become the mask?"

I think there's a distinction between what we truly believe - to coin a phrase - "with all our Heart and Soul" and what we think we should believe. If you do believe it with 'all your Heart and Soul' then yes they do have power but in an empowering way; but does that power come from the belief, does it come from you or is it the same place? If you have your beliefs because that's what you think you should believe because you want to be with the 'in-crowd' then they're pretty empty and meaningless.

Truth and reality take many different forms and they've both been talked about in here with what seems to be no final conclusion. Truth and reality are what they are for very human reasons, often regardless of any facts to the contrary. Herd mentality, fitting in and reward all have their effect on truth and reality. As for delusion, that seems to be more down to choice as much as truth and reality are.

Greenslade - Wonderful quote: "If you wear the mask for long enough, do you not become the mask?" Wearing masks for long opens up a whole other can of worms. I've seen it in myself and others and it can be empowering, but it can also be frightening. I think the realm of possibility lies within the deepness and conviction of our beliefs. The herd mentality is hard to break out of when it's forced in primary education and in the family structure. But breaking out of it as insightful, open-minded adults with eyes open and a willingness to learn, it can be done. I suppose that would lead into the age old discussion again about Truth and Reality and you're right, that goes around in circles. I don't know when delusion takes place, but I know it doesn't have to be related to an illness to be deluded by our beliefs. But what we believe is reality within the self so reality vs delusion - ugh! Thanks for your input, Greenslade.

Blackraven
Old 26-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Greenslade - Wonderful quote: "If you wear the mask for long enough, do you not become the mask?" Wearing masks for long opens up a whole other can of worms. I've seen it in myself and others and it can be empowering, but it can also be frightening. I think the realm of possibility lies within the deepness and conviction of our beliefs. The herd mentality is hard to break out of when it's forced in primary education and in the family structure. But breaking out of it as insightful, open-minded adults with eyes open and a willingness to learn, it can be done. I suppose that would lead into the age old discussion again about Truth and Reality and you're right, that goes around in circles. I don't know when delusion takes place, but I know it doesn't have to be related to an illness to be deluded by our beliefs. But what we believe is reality within the self so reality vs delusion - ugh! Thanks for your input, Greenslade.

Blackraven

It was stolen from an episode of Andromeda, the scifi series. I've never seen this existence as illusionary but always as a mask - this bag of water as a mask for the Soul, events being a mask for the reasons behind them. The herd mentality has never been one of my favourite places, but you're right. Moving away from the herd is often a scary place for most people and for some the feeling of being ostracised by your peer group can be a fate worse than death. But if being ostracised brings empowerment? That's often a leap of faith and not much of a carrot to most. Jonathan Livingstone Seagull rocks.

Delusion is another tricky one because it seems to come down to perspective more than anything else. Does delusion take place when we feel we have to have certain beliefs because the gurus said so? And the gurus are always right. It's like this 'Living in the Now' thing that is going on with some people -and I'm not slating it because if it works for them then all power to them. But the way some people talk it's like individual time zones with an Eternal Now on top. Or maybe I'm deluded because I just don't get it. Oh well. Does delusion take place or is it another stick we either beat people up with or beat ourselves up with?

Anyway, getting the nose on the old grindstone. Belief does have power if that power comes from empowerment. Call it empowerment, faith, belief or whatever you like it's all energy and energy is what makes the Universe go around.