Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 17-02-2013, 11:40 PM
4everLove

veggie friend eats meat

Hi All! So this is a bit of a funny concept and would like your insights on them. So one of my close friends works in a nursing home with me nd she is a vegetarian (tries to be vegan when she can and was getting into raw foods).
She is super sensitive and pretty empathic I think. She loves helping all the residents you could tell but she is having a hard time with the job overall. She has had some small panic attacks and says she feels overwhelmed and uncomfortable, like she just isn't happy or something. There are some I guess tough residents that I believe just give off a harsh vibe and I really think she picks up on that. I think she is realizing that herself now too. But anyway it seems her frustration has triggered something and she was mad and started eating chicken (just a little) one night and has decided that she just wants to "ground" herself more. She says that she feels she is too spacey or something and not completely all "there" and maybe picks up on too much. She seems up and down constantly and it seems to be from work or something.
Any ideas on if eating meat will help her "ground" more? She just freaks out too much. Any advice for empaths?

peace and love :)
Old 18-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Master
Your friend may not be suited for the job she does, it seems to be causing her frustration, she may also be fighting the urge to eat a little meat, this would also contribute to her frustration, let her eat what she wants, gee its not the end of the world.
Old 18-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Experiencer

Sounds like she may have some issues herself panic attacks, overwhelmed, uncomfortable, having a hard time, isn't happy, frustration, she was mad, spacey,not all there, up and down, freaks out too much ...I reckon shes in the wrong job !
Old 18-02-2013, 01:16 AM
4everLove

you think so? Yeah we talked and she wasn't sure why. she is somewhat new (almost 2 months) and the job can be stressful at times, especially in the beginning. i know she was always disgusted by meat in the past.

would you think that any job working with people would be had? i am not sure
Old 18-02-2013, 07:16 AM
primrose

4everLove, I don't think it's being vegetarian that had your friend feeling spacey etc. I work as a care aide, this job is'nt for everyone, I find it very rewarding myself, I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 years and enjoy good health.
Old 18-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Master

Yes, in the wrong job, not on the wrong diet.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Master

PS: Maybe the girl just needs a holiday to 'recharge her batteries'...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Master

Eating meat should ground her more. You said she ate chicken. Did it help? Hopefully she is not judging herself for it.

She can also try becoming an observer of her emotions. To stop and check in with herself. What am I feeling? What thoughts were just running through my mind just now? This might help her sort it out and will also temporarily stop the mindless self chatter probably going on.

Sure she can leave the job but she's not leaving the basic underlying issues that need to be addressed. They will remain and show up again at another time.
Old 19-02-2013, 11:25 PM
4everLove

thanks for all of your responses! much appreciated! to update everyone she is actually doing better. she seemed to relax somehow. she claims she feels weird and disgusted eating meat.
Old 20-02-2013, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
Eating meat should ground her more. You said she ate chicken. Did it help? Hopefully she is not judging herself for it.

She can also try becoming an observer of her emotions. To stop and check in with herself. What am I feeling? What thoughts were just running through my mind just now? This might help her sort it out and will also temporarily stop the mindless self chatter probably going on.

Sure she can leave the job but she's not leaving the basic underlying issues that need to be addressed. They will remain and show up again at another time.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that idea, inprogress. An example of what I mean is -a person like me for instance is not born or built for working on the Stock market, or for digging up the streets with a road drill day after day... Put me in a job like that and I would know within a couple of hours that I was trying to fit into something that wasn't right for me, no matter how hard I tried to do my best. I wouldn't say there were issues that this lady can't cope with, and that she will have to face at a later date. Maybe it's just that she ought not to be doing that particular job because it's not right for her.

I've also never found that a vegetarian diet made me "spacey". But exhaustion did.