Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-12-2011, 08:15 AM
deepsea

Developing Mediumship on my Own?

I do have a certain level in mediumship but would like to take it further.
How can I develope on my own with safety?
Deepsea
Old 15-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Serenity Bear

It totally depends on what level you are at and where you want to get.

If you talking mental mediumship such as clairvoyance, clairaudience etc, they can safely be developed on your own. You would still need to visit others with similar abilities so you could judge your level of development.

However developing things like trance and physical mediumship (the production of ectoplasm) needs to be done in a controlled environment with a good teacher.

For the mental mediumship, basic meditation practice is ideal with the view of contacting your spirit guides in a good solid link, once this is done they will be able to guide you in your development.

If this is the case then I recommend sitting in a circle just so you can learn the basics for protection, chakras etc and then if you so wish go on from there. You can also attend any workshops run by local Churches etc so you can judge
Old 15-12-2011, 08:54 AM
MMM

you can always practice on this forum and ask for feedback - go to the reading room and wait or start a 'free readings' thread on the readings branch
but you can't progress very much on your own
you will inevitably plateau out
you will need teachers and groups
several reputable group exist online - pm me
Old 15-12-2011, 10:01 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
It totally depends on what level you are at and where you want to get.

If you talking mental mediumship such as clairvoyance, clairaudience etc, they can safely be developed on your own. You would still need to visit others with similar abilities so you could judge your level of development.

However developing things like trance and physical mediumship (the production of ectoplasm) needs to be done in a controlled environment with a good teacher.

For the mental mediumship, basic meditation practice is ideal with the view of contacting your spirit guides in a good solid link, once this is done they will be able to guide you in your development.

If this is the case then I recommend sitting in a circle just so you can learn the basics for protection, chakras etc and then if you so wish go on from there. You can also attend any workshops run by local Churches etc so you can judge

Thanks Serenity Bear.
As I said I can hear spirit,they can contact me but I cannot seem to be able to contact them.
I'm a pretty lively lady and find it hard to relax enough to gain contact with them.
My mind is always on the go!
I am asking this for a purpose because I am receiving messages for me alone.
Over a situation which is personal to me.
Having to wait until I am relaxing into sleep (that is when I hear spirit) is hard.
I am receiving messages from a spirit contact I would say originates from the time of black and white television. He is showing me himself as if he in standing in a news room on television but way back in time.
Hence the black and white scenerio.

Deepsea
Old 15-12-2011, 10:05 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
you can always practice on this forum and ask for feedback - go to the reading room and wait or start a 'free readings' thread on the readings branch
but you can't progress very much on your own
you will inevitably plateau out
you will need teachers and groups
several reputable group exist online - pm me

Thanks MMM.
It is so kind of you to suggest what you have.
And I will pm you if I need help but feel I am not ready for giving readings yet.
I have given an explaination above to Serenty Bear why I need to improve my mediumship.
All my best to you.

Deepsea
Old 15-12-2011, 11:37 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I do have a certain level in mediumship but would like to take it further.
How can I develope on my own with safety?
Deepsea

mediumship? or psychic sensitivity?
Old 15-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Medium_Laura

You may be getting information from your guides and not a spirit. Have you met and talked to your guides yet?
Old 15-12-2011, 01:37 PM
tmeternal

I am having a similiar problem, I use the pendulum to contact spirit, and I get amazing messages while doing it. I have given readings to family and friends, and it has all been accurate. I do however want to contact spirit and my angels without a tool and I have been working on that too. I have had paranormal things going on in my life from the start. So I really want to be able to connect and help others. Meditation does a lot as well, to find out your guides name, etc. and I feel is just needed to calm your mind down. I found a few websites that help and one that actually offers a course in mediumship, it is over the phone. You can download a free course if you sign up for the newsletter, to see what it entails in PDF form. Can I give that website on here? I think finding a spiritual church in your area is a good idea too. I am also looking into that. Everyone seems so helpful here so thats a great start. Good Luck!!
Old 15-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Medium_Laura

I write and record such meditations but I'm not allowed to post the link. So you can google my name "Medium Laura Evans" and look for podcasts.
Old 15-12-2011, 04:18 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
mediumship? or psychic sensitivity?

Mediumship,Mac