Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 28-03-2015, 03:57 AM
Knower

Exclamation Things are Getting Weird

When I was in fourth grade (about twelve years ago) I was staring at my palms and noticed that the lines in my hand created a five point star. I always thought it was awesome. My mom seemed to be very intrigued by it.
From time to time I would research palmestry and try to find out what it meant for someone to have a five point star on their hand. There seems to be very little information on the subject.
I have always been drawn to witchcraft and spirituality in general. When I was a kid I use to meditate with candles and pretend to mix potions with my watercolors.
As I grew older I found that certain members of my family are actually Wiccan. First it was my older sister, and then I found out my Aunt was, and even my Mom.
It struck me as odd, because 1. I have a five point star on my right hand and 2. I had a dream once that my mom and her two sisters put a spell on me, I became a ware wolf in the dream and attacked an older woman walking down the street.
I'm just curious if anyone has any insights or thoughts. Am I a witch (even though I'm a guy?) When I ask the question, I feel like I already know the answer, but I'd like to hear others thoughts.
And aside from that, what does the five point star on my hand mean? The top point of the star is made by the Line of Head and the Line of Fate.
thouhghts?
Old 28-03-2015, 05:08 AM
Master

Hello CcolTonS7,

If I misspelled your name, forgive me! I think this marking on your hand is quite rare and I'm not totally sure of what it symbolizes. From what I've read, though, some people believe that it represents someone who is, or can become, quite adept in spiritual and magical matters.

You mentioned that you've always been drawn to Witchcraft and then you mention that members of your family are Wiccan - please remember that Witchcraft is quite different from Wicca which is a relatively recent (1950's) spiritual path.

As well, Witches can be female or male. I find it strange, though, that you have to ask if you're a Witch - if you were a Witch you would know it
Old 28-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Knower

Well, when I ask myself and then think of it it's kind of like, I am, but at the same time I feel like the term "witch" is misleading and not necessarily the way to put it. Maybe because of how the word is viewed in present day through the media.
The only reason why I struggle with it is because growing up I have also been through church and I guess I find the idea morally conflicting?
When I was really getting into Christianity and I would pray for my friends, it would actually work. I remember one time my friends car wouldn't start because it was dead, I said a little prayer and soon after I got a call back and she told me that her car had started just like that. They didn't have to jump it or anything.
I have had dreams that gave me insight to the future multiple times. And just a couple months ago I was driving down the highway and there was a red light and I thought to myself, "that light's going to turn green right when I get close to it." I didn't slow down, counted down from three, snapped my fingers and blew at it and right when I blew at it, it turned green!
I have always been able to communicate with spirits, but I decided that is something I should stay away from since this one encounter I had. I was communicating with a spirit in my house, and the night after I woke up and saw a bearded man staring at me at the foot of my bed. I didn't really get good vibes from him.
So I feel as though it is a part of me, but at the same time because of the christian influence I have had in my life I think of it as somewhat evil.
I tried to repress it, but ever since then I have become depressed and feel a bit lost, and to tap back into it is going to take time and may even be a little overwhelming.
I try to meditate every now and then, but when I do I don't necessarily know how or what to focus on, like I'm searching, but I don't exactly know/remember what I'm searching for. Does that make sense?
Any tips or advice?
Old 28-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
I remember one time my friends car wouldn't start because it was dead, I said a little prayer and soon after I got a call back and she told me that her car had started just like that. They didn't have to jump it or anything.
Have you ever considered the Law of Attraction where you did nothing directly to the car itself, you simply jumped into a parallel world where the car is still working.

So the prayer is a good thought that allows you to move to a world where that good thought manifests.
Old 29-03-2015, 04:37 AM
Master

Many of today's Wiccans and Witches were brought up in or were members of the church before changing to a pagan path - people often change their beliefs as they grow and mature

These things that you've experienced:-

dreams that predict something that's going to happen in the future

knowing the red light was going to turn green

communicating with spirits

are all part and parcel of being psychic/intuitive - which has nothing to do with Witchcraft or being Wiccan. Communicating with spirits shows you have mediumistic abilities which also has nothing to do with Witchcraft or being Wiccan, although many Witches and Wiccans have this ability. Many Christians visit mediums to communicate with their deceased loved ones.

What is it that you think of as being evil - (which is really too bad) - is it your psychic/intuitive abilities or Witchcraft and Wicca? That's a very Christian thing and something that you're going to have to work through for yourself.

No-one can tell you that you should try to repress the abilities you have, just know that they're not evil. If you wish to try to get "back into it" as you say, just take your time. Meditation is good for everyone - there are guided meditations that you can get that are very helpful; I think you can even get them online.

It seems to me that you're searching to find your true self and the ability to accept yourself for who you truly are so you can walk the spiritual path that you are being called to
Old 29-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Master
CcolTon, like you I dislike the word "witch" as it is a christian description. I follow an ancient, primitive path - The Cunning Folk - this path has had many names during the centuries including Wise Ones. Cunning derives from a Saxon word, Cunnan, used to label what the Saxons found in the tribes when they invaded England to settle. Cunnan translates as "knowing".
Old 12-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Newbie ;)

It sounds like the intuitiveness is a part of you you shouldn't deny, if it makes you depressed. The five pointed star is a symbol of magic and light. We look to the stars in the dark of night because they are beautiful and can guide us human beings.

You have valuable gifts. You mentioned feeling a conflict of morals because you were raised Christian, but spiritual paths aside people can change as they grow and it is up to you to decide what your true values and morals are. Morals and values can be separate from or intertwined with religion and/or spirituality.

Regarding the star on your palm, in general the head line is realated to wisdom, memory, intelligence, and intuition. The Fate line has to do with the direction you take in life and what influences it, as well as obstacles and your wishes. For someone to answer more in-depth, you's need to give more detail about the lines forming the star (are there breaks? feathered lines? chain lines? how deep is each line?) or maybe include a picture of the palm lines if describing it is too time-consuming.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Newbie ;)

It sounds like the intuitiveness is a part of you you shouldn't deny, if it makes you depressed. The five pointed star is a symbol of magic and light. We look to the stars in the dark of night because they are beautiful and can guide us human beings.

You have valuable gifts. You mentioned feeling a conflict of morals because you were raised Christian, but spiritual paths aside people can change as they grow and it is up to you to decide what your true values and morals are. Morals and values can be separate from or intertwined with religion and/or spirituality.

Regarding the star on your palm, in general the head line is realated to wisdom, memory, intelligence, and intuition. The Fate line has to do with the direction you take in life and what influences it, as well as obstacles and your wishes. For someone to answer more in-depth, you's need to give more detail about the lines forming the star (are there breaks? feathered lines? chain lines? how deep is each line?) or maybe include a picture of the palm lines if describing it is too time-consuming.
Old 23-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Pathfinder

Something I think is important to remember is that every belief has "prayer" its just done in different ways. Practicing Witchcraft or Wiccan doesn't mean you can't pray. You might learn to just come about it differently.
Remember the beautiful thing about life is that you can take different paths but you can ALWAYS walk back. Try things embrace change and new beginnings. If you're not pleased you can always go back to Christianity. As you have others in your family that practice this they can help you which is wonderful! Also there are plenty of male "witches" !
Regarding your hand I believe the comments above are pretty accurate from what i've read.
Anyway! Hope this some what helped. Blessed be in your journey, hoping you find peace love and happiness in whatever path you choose.
(I grew up Christian too and have felt many of the same things you have. But it is okay to change your direction just know this is your life! You're in charge.) :)
Old 23-09-2015, 06:07 AM
Nettles

When it comes to the word Witch, I only think of it in its simplest definition. I have read that the base form of the word witch is wicca in its feminine or Yin form and wicce in its male or Yang form. Of course, as is the case with any word that is disputed ad nauseam, I have also read that the opposite is true and that wicca refers to the masculine aspect and wicce refers to the feminine, but I’m not here to split hairs over words, especially since time seems to change their definitions anyway, even in regular dictionaries. For the sake of clarity I will go with the following part of the definition as it stands regardless of its masculine or feminine associations. It’s based on the Latin word for wise or originating in the mind, the power to think and reason; intellectual and perceptive powers. And the word Craft simply means the work, skill or practice of. In essence, the term Witchcraft simply means to practice using ones intellectual and perceptive powers. If you look where others don’t look you will see what others don’t see.