Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Lavender

Anyone have Fibromyalgia?

So after 6 years of living with a mysterious illness, it's looking like I have fibromyalgia. I went to the ER yesterday thinking I had a blood clot turns out it's just random unidentifiable pain that travels to everywhere in my body. It's no surprise though, my sister suffers from fibro and my mom also has a rheumatic disease. Hurray for genes!

I've been looking online and it seems a lot of people who have it don't really take good care of themselves. They continue to eat bad food and they rely heavily on medications. They don't bother with alternative medicine like acupuncture etc. So I don't really see those as positive sources to look at.

So, does anyone on this forum have fibro? If so, how do you get through your daily activities? Do you have any tips to reducing pain? And here's a question I'm scared to ask: Do you have any days where you aren't in pain?

Thanks! I see my rhuemotologist on Friday my main goal is to see if I can avoid taking medication.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Experiencer

Sorry to hear this :(

I was diagnosed 7 years ago, not that I hold much by the diagnosis because it seems to get stamped onto anyone with unexplained tiredness/muscle aching symptoms!! My fibromyalgia is relatively low-level now, but I was given the label when every other test ruled out as 'within normal parameters'. It's something I treat symptomatically, if I'm exhausted I sleep and don't push myself, otherwise I try to keep reasonably active - I find that moderate exercise does help - I'll ever be running marathons! I eat well and keep myself well hydrated to avoid putting excess strain on my body. I think my fibromyalgia was brought on by long-term (lifelong really) undiagnosed stress and anxiety as it has improved with stress-counselling techniques and appropriate support. I also suspect my 'fibromyalgia' is a result of nervous system / adrenal burnout issues. I get low-grade pain, but it's more of a deep muscle ache when I'm really tired. I live a fairly normal life and hold down a full-time job, but I do burn out very quickly and I try to listen to my body when it really DOES need to rest. Painkillers don't help, but heat does and I can get some relief from essential oils - ylang ylang, black pepper and rosemary are my favourites (not all used together!). I use them in a warm bath or massage with them.

Good luck!!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Administrator
I don't suffer with it but I know a few people who do have it.its not true in my opinion that you don't look after yourself.
but I think doctors if they are unsure of a diagnosis they will call it to something similar just to give it a name.

Namaste
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 PM
hecate8

My girlfriend has fibro. She's almost always in pain, despite taking fairly good care of herself. The only real relief she's had was from MDMA, which is illegal now. The war on drugs is a travesty...
Old 04-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Guide
I have fibro. I have no pain free days and haven't in several years.

I try water therapy, warm water helps. So physical therapy with warm water is what helps me. I tried to go the route of no pain medications but I was unable to function without them. I wish you well.

My day starts with pain medication in order to get out of bed, but I can usually go through the day without more pain meds, but I have to use muscle relaxers.

I am sorry that this is probably not what you want to hear. I hope you have better success dealing with your fibro than I have had with mine. I do have to say that the pain meds do not interfere with my daily activities so I am fortunate for that. I can still do my daily chores, well most days anyway. It hasn't affected my spiritual side so I am thankful for that as well.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
I don't mean to derail this thread at all, but I am concerned about my aunt, age 81. She has muscle pains (not joints) which flit about all over the place....one day it's legs, then shoulders, then arms, then one leg, then the other leg...etc. Some days she doesn't feel so bad at all, and the next, then for no apparent reason the pains come back for a few days. This affects her movement and walking.
She has mentioned all this to the doctor.The doctor hasn't any idea. She has been for tests, scans, etc, nothing found that is diagnosable or treatable. No label.

I have wondered if it could be fybromyalgia....does it fit the picture?
Old 06-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I don't mean to derail this thread at all, but I am concerned about my aunt, age 81. She has muscle pains (not joints) which flit about all over the place....one day it's legs, then shoulders, then arms, then one leg, then the other leg...etc. Some days she doesn't feel so bad at all, and the next, then for no apparent reason the pains come back for a few days. This affects her movement and walking.
She has mentioned all this to the doctor.The doctor hasn't any idea. She has been for tests, scans, etc, nothing found that is diagnosable or treatable. No label.

I have wondered if it could be fibromyalgia....does it fit the picture?

It could be the early stages of the disease. The only thing is that with Fibro you never get relief from pain. It can be managed with medications but you don't have one day where you are not hurting. So if your aunt hurts in her muscles all the time, sometimes it is not as bad as other times, then it is possible she has Fibro. There are some pressure points that if you push them and she has fibro she will scream in pain. Those places do not necessarily hurt but when pressure is applied to these pressure points the pain is terrible.

Here is a webmd thing about the pressure points. After reading this you might be able to tell whether she should be tested for Fibro.

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/gu...trigger-points

I wish you well.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 07-08-2014, 06:32 PM
VisionQuest

Deep tissue massage breaks up the pain .....

Acupuncture too ....

Many herbs can reduce pain , diet too~

Meditation calms the nerves.....

Walking in nature barefoot is beneficial .....

Doctors rule out other things ....

No right or wrong ways , just different ways of coping ~
Old 09-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Master

I used to have severe fibromyalgia due to being a coexisting condition to another illness I have (my nanna has fibro too). Fortunately I dont get it any more as it went when my other condition went into remission and thou I got the other condition back, the fibro didnt come back with it. (Massage never helped my fibro)

Thou with that being said, on very rare occassions I still can get a flare up from one of the fibro trigger points eg have to sleep on rare occassions with a pillow between my knee due that knee trigger point.

Many people who have fibro find exercise helpful. There is 3 or 4 approved drugs for fibro too, Ive heard these can be taken in combination.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi

I have wondered if it could be fybromyalgia....does it fit the picture?

Yeah that sounds like fibro with the pain all over the place and in different places from one day to the next.