Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 06-09-2011, 04:08 AM
ESP_dreamr

Question Involuntary ESP

Anyone else have no control whatsoever of their ESP abilities?

Ever since I was 11 or so, my ESP (precognition, clairaudience, claircognizance) would only activate when I was dreaming.

However, not every night/dream was ESP in nature. In fact, its very rare, but it happens every now and then, unmistakably.

For those that also have no control, did you ever find a way to control it at will? Or perhaps find a way to have it occur more often?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Master
It is my understanding that we all have innate skills that are mostly suppressed. The culture in which we live has a lot to do with this. That and the basic ignorance associated with ESP. Concepts about control are quite often mental 3D perceptions. In my view they are ego centric in principal and fear based perspectives.

The higher self is every person's conduit for communication. It is a partnership relationship that few truly understand, as I see it naturally. The idea around control implies that one member of this partnership has domain over the other. I do not see it that way.

The ability to work with the quantum realm of potentials in an accepting and influential manner requires a major adjustment in a person's thinking about control.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Medium_Laura

I have had to learn control and still struggle with it. We are conduits of energy and I find myself meeting someone new, trying to listen to them talking but I'm getting extra information telepathically. I usually just ignore it and try to keep listening, all the while I can see through the mask :P Interesting and annoying at times lol

As far as "most often". It happens to me all the time because I meditate frequently to raise my vibrations. This gives me a clear channel to my guides and even when I'm not "working" I still get information. :)
Old 07-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Seperate_Reality

We each have a native "spiritual" nature including perceptions and abilities. Some individuals are just more aware of one or more of these abilities, like ESP or being Psychic. Operating a mortal, physical, human body on the physical world playing field dampers these abilities at times, therefore it's on one moment and off the next. The important thing is being aware of and acknowledging these abilities and perceptions when they occur and not so much trying to control them. When you search for and find, learn, understand, and realize the correct and exact spiritual truths or knowledge you advance spiritually becoming more yourself as a spiritual being and these native perceptions and abilities become more real to you and more on than off. Advancing spiritually is also a gradient process and does not happen overnight.

What happens when you try to control, say ESP ability, when it's off? Someone starts "guessing" and therefore is only fooling themselves, because he or she is putting something out there "imagining" that is not real or true. What can then occur? The person starts doubting this native-ability even at the times it is on...Not a good thing to do.

Last edited by Seperate_Reality : 07-09-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:09 PM
DulcePoetica

I began journaling about all of the different types of psi phenomena in my life about 4 months ago. I have software on my phone that time-stamps everything I write, so it is an extremely efficient way to get a lot of information, including rhythms and cycles of activity.

I am religious about it, I put EVERYTHING in it, even if it is only potentially an ESP type thing. Dreams, messages, visions, guides, non-physical sensations, etc. The big picture that is getting revealed to me is staggering, and my journal entries are much more vivid in detail than in the beginning. I now understand a complex fabric of experience that underlies my existence. Subtle nuances that change meanings, differentiating empathy from my own feelings, identifying at least 2 specific different telepathic visitors, protecting my psychic sovereignty, etc.

In my case, doubt has been the number one adversary against honing my abilities. Factual data is the number one killer of doubt. If you want to gain confidence and enhance the quality of your perceptions, start logging everything.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Seperate_Reality

DulcePoetica, you have a good point there...Now, the Mind does what you do writing things down. The Mind is just recordings of our past experiences on the physical world playing field. The past is the Mind. The problem being, the boggy-man is there also or booby-traps, so one should not spend much time in the past, because you can become depressed and or go insane for a little while, if you often dwell there.
Writing things down and checking this writing from time to time is the rational way to go...
Old 08-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Likes2Read

Some of my occurrences are involuntary. But starting when I was in 7th grade, my friends and I started to get interested in psychic phenomena and bought some books on the subject. (This is long enough ago that they were filed under "Occult", as the term "New Age" was not in common use yet.)

Thanks to that, we learned the process of relaxing, clearing the mind, and then embarking on attempts to see clairvoyantly or do out of body travel, etc. So we did learn some measures to control these abilities.

Though one time, during my first semester in college, I was caught off-guard by an involuntary event. It was our final exam, and I sat in the lecture hall trying to work on the exam and being annoyed at what I thought was the buzz of chatter. I thought, "What's wrong with this proctor? Why isn't she telling people to stop talking? It's the FINAL EXAM, for goodness sakes!"

And then I realized it wasn't in my *ears* where I was hearing all the chatter. It was in my *head*. My brain was in overdrive working on the exam, and somehow I was hearing everyone else's brain-on-overdrive while they worked. It sounded exactly like being in a crowd of chattering people, but there was no actual sound in the room.

Well, I could hardly tell the proctor to order the class to stop thinking so loudly. ;-) So I just tuned it out, the best I could, and kept working. There haven't been many times when I've wished the ability had an "off" switch, but that was one.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 AM
mattie

Unfolding Abilities

You can learn to work w/ & manage your ESP abilities. We can actively use our abilities & this strengthens our ability. As we expand our awareness these innate, but usually dormant abilities naturally unfold.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Seperate_Reality

Why practice shooting blanks (guessing) when this ability is off (not manifesting itself)? All one gets is inaccurate results and why more predictions are wrong instead of being right. Practicing shooting blanks does not increase this ability or an awareness of this ability. When the ability is on, is when someone should be aware of and acknowledge it at these times, therefore increasing the awareness of this ability and easily knowing when it is on.

"There are those who know and those who only assume that they know"