Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
i believe a NDE takes place in the astral, just like ap. it really doesnt make sense to think a nde is different from projecting.only difference between the two is how you get there.

It could be possible that different realms are accessed with each type of projection (AP vs NDE (and perhaps even LD)), and they may in fact be fundamentally different experiences. After all, there are aspects of NDEs that don't normally occur during standard astral projections. Things like tunnels of light, life reviews, meetings with higher spiritual beings, God, deceased relatives, etc. are common in NDEs but can be rare during normal AP.

Also, what many consider the "astral" may in fact be various different dimensions of reality with somewhat similar characteristics, making it difficult to distinguish them apart, just as, for example, an extra-dimensional being coming to Earth would have trouble differentiating the difference between one state or country from another, probably considering it all "one" land, yet us Earthlings, being well familiar with the territory, know how to read the signs. So perhaps what we consider to be the astral is actually much more complex than assigning one name to all nonphysical reality experienced during OBEs, or believing them all to occur in the same place.

It would seem AP necessitates the fragmentation of one's consciousness into various nonphysical realms while also remaining with the physical body on some level, whereas with death, one's consciousness does not remain with the physical body, so perhaps this fact allows a deeper penetration into nonphysical reality.

Just speculation, but the possibility cannot be denied.

I think that NDEs may begin in the astral but may quickly shift into deeper spiritual realities beyond the astral. In other words, one may "pass through" the astral after death but one's "final destination" or perhaps even initial destination may lie far beyond it.
Old 27-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
It could be possible that different realms are accessed with each type of projection (AP vs NDE (and perhaps even LD)), and they may in fact be fundamentally different experiences. After all, there are aspects of NDEs that don't normally occur during standard astral projections. Things like tunnels of light, life reviews, meetings with higher spiritual beings, God, deceased relatives, etc. are common in NDEs but can be rare during normal AP.

Also, what many consider the "astral" may in fact be various different dimensions of reality with somewhat similar characteristics, making it difficult to distinguish them apart, just as, for example, an extra-dimensional being coming to Earth would have trouble differentiating the difference between one state or country from another, probably considering it all "one" land, yet us Earthlings, being well familiar with the territory, know how to read the signs. So perhaps what we consider to be the astral is actually much more complex than assigning one name to all nonphysical reality experienced during OBEs, or believing them all to occur in the same place.

It would seem AP necessitates the fragmentation of one's consciousness into various nonphysical realms while also remaining with the physical body on some level, whereas with death, one's consciousness does not remain with the physical body, so perhaps this fact allows a deeper penetration into nonphysical reality.

Just speculation, but the possibility cannot be denied.

I think that NDEs may begin in the astral but may quickly shift into deeper spiritual realities beyond the astral. In other words, one may "pass through" the astral after death but one's "final destination" or perhaps even initial destination may lie far beyond it.

good points, there is a possibility that nde and ap are different realms.
but, for example, if a being from another realm would see earth and think that everything is one land, that being would not be wrong at all, in reality, all the different states we have are in fact part of the same land, humans just create borders and territories, this does not mean that these territories are seperated. maybe when one dies, it could just be a tradition to review your life, the tunnel of light, dead relatives and freinds could also be there to just help guide you.
and when one projects, there might not be no need to review your life or be guided anywhere because your visit to the astral is only for a short amount of time.while in the astral, it is possible to find dead loved ones or others who have lived in the physical and have already died.
all just speculation tho.
Old 27-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Master
Yeah it could all be part of the astral. I'm not sure it's really that important to know right now exactly what realm these things take place in.
Old 27-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Yeah it could all be part of the astral. I'm not sure it's really that important to know right now exactly what realm these things take place in.

ha ikr, we all will find out one day.....maybe....
Old 28-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
ha ikr, we all will find out one day.....maybe....

Yea I'm pretty sure of it. Right now I think it's more important to focus on purifying the mind, developing morality, concentration, practical wisdom, etc. You know, things that can better ourselves in our current life. There's a lot of knowledge and understanding to be obtained but a lot of it is beside the point, not necessary for spiritual growth.
Old 28-05-2016, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
It seems to me that even if it really is the mind leaving the body, it may still require a living brain to transmit from; it doesn't automatically mean survival necessarily.

It could still be the end of the experience when the brain dies

Hello

I so feel that Astral Projection is a separate thing or activity from the experience that happens at the time the Spirit leaves the body. When you project out your still a part of your living body and your attached to it. While in rare cases you can get lost in projection and struggle to get back in, your body is still living.

The body stops its function so yes the brain no longer works but the brain is only the 'logic centre' we have that runs our body functions that is not our Spirit that part of us that travels out of us and onward at the time we call death. A better term for death might well be transformation as that is what we do we transfer from the physical to the energy level of being.

While there is no proof there is Astral Projection too there is no proof there is life after death. As I can step out freely into what we all Astral with just a thought I too can talk with those that are no longer living. Many times I am doing so while I am doing something like type here.

When the Spirit leaves the body its up and out there is no breaking of a cord like there would be in Astral Projection as that is your life line to bring you back in. While at times it might seem that some struggle with the last breath many times your well on your way over and the body is left to do its thing, or Dr's are trying to save you.

Lynn
Old 28-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
it can prove nothing except to the person who is experiencing at the time, and their own subjective ability to interpret what they are experiencing....so I feel about it anyway.
I think what Tobi thinks. I believe there is life after death but I understand that other people would not believe that. It is up to the person what they think. There are so many people that think differently so ap will never prove anything. It is only proof for me.
Old 28-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator
I agree with Lynn also. I feel there is a distinct difference between the last journey out of the body, and all those which have gone before. For instance....what is the "Tunnel"?
I estimate (though am not 100% certain of this of course) -that it might be a fast passage through those lower etheric worlds which we often deal with during OBEs. Thus the final exit from the body must be some sort of fast-track.

My own feeling is it's good to be sceptical. That means when something happens to show you for sure, you won't be taken in by any half-measures.

I was always sceptical. I kept open a 'doorway of possibility' but was not convinced 100% by many things....anecdotal stories by others...what Mediums reported,....NDE experiences....even the ability to 'go out of the body'. I knew I could transfer consciouness somehow to what seemed like a 'body', and certainly in another dimension (while I was alive!) , but to me that offered no proof of definite existence after the death of the body and brain.

It was interesting, and to me showed there was an ability somehow to reach further dimensional realities in consciousness. But as far as it proving life after death for me, it wasn't hard enough evidence. I never met any deceased relatives, etc, when out of body. I never met anyone who said they had 'died'. I did meet other entities, and also met another person whom I knew in the physical, who astral projected. I got enough proof of that. Evidence sufficient to show me for certain.
All this made me wonder, certainly. If entities existed in those other dimensions....then where did they come from? Were we all multi-dimensional Beings?

Then suddenly, most unexpectedly, and most definitely, a few years ago, I was far more than 100% convinced by the contact with a dear loved one. It was the 'hard evidence' required -for me- but obviously I realised no-one else. How it occurred, I am unsure. How it broke through my ingrained scepticism, I am unsure. I was one of the world's most dedicated analysers. Tough as an old boot.
However it got through and showed me. And is one of the greatest blessings I have ever had. How can anyone be afraid of 'death' ever, when shown such things?

So many people end up in hospital in their last days, fear-ridden, in pain, terrified of annihilation (not that I ever particularly cared about being 'annihilated', as I looked on it as a rest! Life is hard work!) Anyway I found out life goes on....Most amazing!

Prove that to someone else?? Not possible.
Old 29-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Master
I agree that astral projection proves nothing about life after death. Energy cannot be destroyed but from what I understand we continue to exist in some way. When we astral travel we are still attached to our human consciousness. After death then the rules change.
Old 29-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Newbie ;)

I've had an out of body experience and it changed how I view reality and humanity, I certainly believe we are spiritual beings having a physical experience but who knows for sure.