Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Babes

Context of spiritual message.

Hi all,
My question is what do you feel the context of a spiritual message should be and in what order do you feel it should be given.
Babes.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Neville

Hello Babes,

The context and the order of conveying , I tend to leave to the source of the message . At least when tuned in.

However,I do know that some inspirations arrive peice meal in the brain instantly as fully formed and complete. In those situations all we can do is put our own extant techniques of message delivery, e'g beginning/intoduction, Middle / Content and summary/re cap.

The context of these messages often seem intended to be well meaning, re assuring and uplifting and broadly speaking enriching in some way.

From what I have observed anyway
Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Jules

The content of the message should be whatever Spirit decide to give you :). Whether that be 'good or bad'. Remember though, every message is signficant. As to what order - I give any messages in whatever order they are given, without interference from my own thoughts. it's not my message to give and interpret.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Babes

Thank you both for your answers I agree with both of you, but there are mediums out there that say you should give of your communicator first and then the message that they are giving, but when I do a practice reading sometimes I don't get a communicator and yet the message is correct or other times they will let me know who they are half way thru a message.
is this acceptable.
Babes.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Jules

Ok, if you're in the UK, the SNU insist you follow CERT .. communicator, evidence, reason, tie it all together...
I AM a working medium and do tend to follow this rule of thumb BUT it's upto you to work with your guides and inspirers and state clearly how you will work with them. It's a two way streak. State your intentions clearly and ask for clarity whilst your working. I always say when I'm opening up I want clear concise information - and I usually get it. Now and again the message may come first and the communicator will appear later in the read. But one thing I will say is the communicator is present at the beginning of the sitting. They just may not make themselves that known straight off. Especially if the Spirit was unsure about Mediumship whilst they were alive, or the personality of them was shy or untrusting. You'll learn through practice just remember to trust trust and trust somemore. both yourself and spirit. xxx
Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 AM
Babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Ok, if you're in the UK, the SNU insist you follow CERT .. communicator, evidence, reason, tie it all together...
I AM a working medium and do tend to follow this rule of thumb BUT it's upto you to work with your guides and inspirers and state clearly how you will work with them. It's a two way streak. State your intentions clearly and ask for clarity whilst your working. I always say when I'm opening up I want clear concise information - and I usually get it. Now and again the message may come first and the communicator will appear later in the read. But one thing I will say is the communicator is present at the beginning of the sitting. They just may not make themselves that known straight off. Especially if the Spirit was unsure about Mediumship whilst they were alive, or the personality of them was shy or untrusting. You'll learn through practice just remember to trust trust and trust somemore. both yourself and spirit. xxx

Thank you so much, that is what I was trying to say my teacher is from the SNU and they insist that you get the communicator, I can give a message and it is all correct but I don't always get a communicator, she makes me feel like I am doing the reading wrong so I wanted to know other peoples opinion on this.
Babes.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babes
Thank you so much, that is what I was trying to say my teacher is from the SNU and they insist that you get the communicator, I can give a message and it is all correct but I don't always get a communicator, she makes me feel like I am doing the reading wrong so I wanted to know other peoples opinion on this.
Babes.

Sounds like a method of control to me. I've never been a fan of people who need to control others. Rigid structure like this stifles creativity and pushes people to invent the missing information in order to feel validated. I say forget the SNU and anyone else who says you have to follow the proscribed formula.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Sounds like a method of control to me. I've never been a fan of people who need to control others. Rigid structure like this stifles creativity and pushes people to invent the missing information in order to feel validated. I say forget the SNU and anyone else who says you have to follow the proscribed formula.

Thank you Athribiristan, I feel the same it is a form of control, but in England they control allot of our spiritual churches.
Babes.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Knower

I find it a bit amusing that anyone believes that a person can control how messages come through… that they believe that the messenger/spirit/guide can be controlled.

Hello! Spirit has free will as well, you know.

On the flip side, I have to admit that I require knowing who I am communicating with when the Guides work with me. Alas, my free will. So I can see both sides of the coin.

I don’t read for others and deeply admire people that do. Personally, I feel that it is the validation of the message that is most important.

Hugs and blessings.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
konrard

I feel that if a spiritual message is pleasing to the body, or identity, it is not a genuine one. The context of a good spiritual message, imo, would help people transcend thinking of things as a body.