Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 18-02-2017, 06:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinmyhead
Hello! I am in Bellingham so kinda close to you! I just joined as well.
Welcome!

Yes, I could take the train to Bellingham, but would have to save up for awhile. There is a good, "for real" Native American Indian sweatlodge ceremony that used to go on in Bellingham that some friends of mine who do the same thing in N.W. Montana advised me to try to attend whenever I could. I LOVE going to a true Native American Indian Traditional sweatlodge ceremony! It's one of the best healings I've ever felt! I'm anxiously awaiting a response from a letter I wrote to a Dakota man I met in hopes I can attend an old friend of mines sweatlodge ceremony near Everette soon. Maybe we can set up a time to meet some day since we live in the same state? I'm getting ready to start college, so I'll be busy for spring quarter at least, but am hoping to take summer quarter off. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 18-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hi Butterfly

Welcome To Spiritual Forums

Namaste

Thanks, Native Spirit, for the welcome! Namaste & Mitakuya oyasin. It's been a long time since I've been able to say that to anyone, LOL. I'm happy to hear the namaste from you. Both of those sayings are very dear to me. I realize that you may not be Lakota, but I'm hoping you are familiar with mitakuya oyasin. When I went to my first sweat lodge ceremony, it was a Dakota one. The medicine man running it taught those of us who didn't already know how to say that, and I was very honored to learn it. I'm wondering what spiritual path you are on? I've had Dakota, Lakota, Blackfeet, Puyallup and Cherokee friends in this life so far.
Old 18-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
Welcome to the forum, love your username!

Thank you, Khallianen. What's your username mean? I was told by a Cherokee pipe holder that if one sees a butterfly, one can make a wish on it and it will come true. I was blessed to have a tiny monarch butterfly land on my hand while I was hiking in Glacier National Park about a week before I had a very serious health problem happen to me. It stayed with me for about 10 minutes on my hike, flew up and landed on my back where it had been hurting me for years, flew up again and landed on my heart where I'd also been aching for years, then flew up again and landed on my left hand where it stayed until it finally flew away. But that was the morning after attending a very powerful
Blackfeet sweat lodge ceremony, so I figured I was being blessed by some form of "butterfly medicine". It must've worked, because within a week I had a golf ball sized aneurysm in my brain start to leak on me while I was on vacation in Montana. They had to lear jet me home to Seattle to have open brain surgery to save my life.
The blood leaked into my brain for 29 hours before I finally got into surgery. it took 17 hours of brain surgery to clip the two aneurysms they found in the right side of my brain. It's a real miracle I lived, since over 50% of the people with that large of a swelled up blood vessel in their brain usually die before they get to the hospital. I never had to go into any nursing home, and didn't even lose my license. I am fairly sure the "butterfly medicine" as well as the sweat lodge ceremony medicine worked. Not that I haven't had many challenges healing anyway, I have. I still have a ways to go before I will feel completely healed, but should be starting college soon, so that's a miracle after what I've lived through in and of itself.
Old 18-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Guide
Welcome to the forum, enjoy!
Old 20-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolfy
Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

Great to meet you, WhiteWolfy! I'm planning on doing just that. Thank you.
Old 20-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartSound
Hello welcome the forum
Thanks for the welcome, Heartsound. Great name by the way! I'm learning to listen more closely to the sound and feel of my heart. I think that's what many of us are learning to do in this special day and age.
Old 20-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Seeker

Hi Butterfly11,

I know what you mean about the challenge of trying to find spiritual friends in your area! There was a lovely meetup group here in New England a few years ago, but it's since broken up, and I haven't found its like since. So glad you've found other teachers along the way!

*Andrea
Old 20-02-2017, 07:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Me too! There are quite a few of the teachers/Yogi's from India that have been journeying around the "western world" for a few years now, such as the "Hugging Saint", and Swami Vishwananda as well. They are doing a great job spreading good vibes and helping a lot of us awaken more. I am very grateful for all of their work and sacrifice.

I also had a great group of people I would meet with on a regular basis about 20 years ago, and am now looking for a similar situation. Hopefully I will be blessed to find such a group soon.
Old 21-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly11
Yes, I could take the train to Bellingham, but would have to save up for awhile. There is a good, "for real" Native American Indian sweatlodge ceremony that used to go on in Bellingham that some friends of mine who do the same thing in N.W. Montana advised me to try to attend whenever I could. I LOVE going to a true Native American Indian Traditional sweatlodge ceremony! It's one of the best healings I've ever felt! I'm anxiously awaiting a response from a letter I wrote to a Dakota man I met in hopes I can attend an old friend of mines sweatlodge ceremony near Everette soon. Maybe we can set up a time to meet some day since we live in the same state? I'm getting ready to start college, so I'll be busy for spring quarter at least, but am hoping to take summer quarter off. Thanks for the welcome!
That's awesome! I hope you can do that! I have heard of the ceremony too. Hopefully we can chat once in awhile!