Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-10-2023, 10:25 PM
Pathfinder

I would recommend you read the Tibet book of living and dying, then come back and ask the question again. Life is chi, what is spirit?

Last edited by Wisteria : 18-10-2023 at 08:02 AM.
Old 18-10-2023, 08:13 AM
Master
The very first time I had an out-of-body experience was back in the 1970’s and it freaked me out. I had just learned recently how to meditate, and I was sitting in a chair at a meditation center. It was during the day and there were not many people at that center.

I went into deep inner silence and began to rise up out of my body. It scared me, there was nothing under my feet and I felt extremely light. Before going to far I got my physical human hands to grab the bottom of the chair I was sitting in and hold on.

I did notice that everything, and I mean absolutely everything, was in a peaceful, harmonious, attunement, and I was the only thing there freaking out. I was immediately put back into my physical body, and I got up out of my chair and ran out of the meditation center. Kind of weird trying to physically run from an intimate spiritual experience.

I went to a fast food restaurant and ordered a bunch of cheeseburgers, because my hippie friends back then told me cheeseburgers will bring your energy down, and it did. It took years for me to become comfortable with extrasensory experiences. Some of it was because of fear. Surrender to inner peace was the path for me to overcome my fears. I have had many OBE’s since and have become comfortable with the idea of not having a physical human body.
Old 18-10-2023, 09:14 AM
Guide

Good post Starman.I can relate to that.
Old 18-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Master
For me now as I look back on that experience it was really about a lack of trust. I did not trust the experience I was having so I adversely reacted to it. I have had to work on over the decades trusting my deeper being.

When I first started meditating I did not trust not thinking; because this world’s indoctrination is heavy on thinking, logic and reasoning, and now I am being told to quiet my mind and exist in inner silence.

Today I absolutely trust my own intuition; my intuition has grown by leaps and bounds since I first started meditating. I have had to learn to trust the innate process of life. Life, for me, is not what I do, that is an expression of life, rather life is what I am.

I believe we are all the essence of life.
Old 18-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Administrator
I would agree Starman

Namaste
Old 19-10-2023, 07:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthewindblows
Yes, NDEs have always been very soothing for me when it comes to the afterlife. It's the way there that I'm struggling with..the discomfort of dying...failing to be able to catch my breath..

Death just creeps me out and I'm trying to conquer the fear of the process.
I can fully relate to your worries.
I do NOT fear death itself and I welcome the next phase of my afterlife .
But I know I am going to suffer many months of not being able to breathe prior to my death.
Even now I cannot walk up the stairs without taking time to recover my heart rate/ lungs and calm my breathing .
For me , the last month's will be like drowning without water .
Old 19-10-2023, 02:00 PM
Administrator
one of the friends I knew passed this year with your condition and she used to say the same thing.
she went into hospital because she had an Infection was on oxygen but she passed peacefully.

Namaste
Old 19-10-2023, 09:56 PM
Master
The suffering may be right before death but death itself, in my opinion, is a very light, easy, and breezy transition. Fear only makes it worst. I have seen lots of people die, as a combat medic during the Vietnam War, later an ambulance paramedic, and also while working in hospitals.

Some people die with a smile on their face and light surrounding them while others die in great pain and suffering. Some fight to keep their human body and others readily surrender to the transition. Everybody dies its’ just a matter of when and how. I have met people who wanted to die young or in middle age to avoid experiencing the deterioration of the human body.

There are people who have a secret death wish who will do high risk things to welcome death even though they may say they enjoy human life. There are people who take their own life because they feel death is better than human life. The human journey, how we entered it, how we exit it, and what we experience in-between is unique to our own individual journey.

The way you die is unique to you, everybody dies but not the same way, yet death does the same thing to all of us. In my opinion the relationship which we have established with ourselves while we are alive here on Earth determines the quality of our transition at the time of death.

I live in the U.S. State of New Mexico, we have a “Right To Die” law which says a person can terminate their life, under certain circumstances, with the help of a physician or other health professional. People who are severely debilitated or terminally ill have used this law to exit this world and relieve their physical suffering. This law does not apply to people who are only emotionally distraught with life and they have no physical impediments.
Old 19-10-2023, 11:02 PM
Administrator
I think the right to die law is a good thing.

There are times when life seems to painful for someone and they should have that right.

Here people have to fly out to Switzerland to go to a dignitas clinic

Namaste
Old 20-10-2023, 07:17 PM
Ascender
What dissipated my fear of death about 99% of the time even if I think about death it has no anxiety inducing affects.

I basically died, I'm pretty sure it was for a purpose because now I live free of the fear of death.

For you, I'd say pay attention to every thought, every sensation in your body as you feel the fear of death. Just notice the thoughts and sensations with curiously... what is that? Why's it happening? What does it want? What purpose is it serving? You can learn much from yourself.