Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I like J.F. I saw a clip of him once on a t.v. show for alternative views . Back in the day Jeff was a hard core non dualist and he carried on like one of the neo robots .

He eventually did a 180 degree u-turn and said he could no longer deny the unique jeffness .

I like a man that can stand up and make such a u-turn .

I have a few chats with individuals that are hardcore non dualists and they speak just like jeff once did ..

They just haven't owned up to their own jeffness yet and are living in a bubble of denial and intellectual claptrap .

They don't even live by example, they pick and choose a self identity when it suits . It's very odd .

x daz x

Thanks for sharing this Daz...I can respect someone like that too.

It's always nice to know that while everyone's getting there at their own pace, some folks are really making clear strides like his Jeffness that can serve as inspiration for many others who may fear that next step and what it may bring.

As Jeff and others show, it's not so bad...it's doable, no need to fear. Even more, it feels right and good to be who he was and to live from his centre and he can speak to that as well.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Deactivated Account
I we (whoever that is) look closely at Jeff's story, we can see a common thread throughout it - judgement, ill-will, animosity and fear. It's the very same thread that runs through most religions, clubs, organizations and groups where fearful/proud humans gather. Here's Jeff's story INCLUDING the common thread of judgement and ill-will - see if you can spot your own bad attitude here............

ON NEO-ADVAITA ~ Jeff Foster

There is a strange new [DISHONEST] club called ‘Neo-Advaita’ [which is very similar to many other dishonest, "religious" clubs]. If you are a member of this [phony] club, apparently you will find yourself automatically [and vainly] regurgitating certain phrases at [ignorant, unawakened] people when they are just trying to share their experiences with you – phrases [usually said with a "better than Thou" attitude] such as “Who knows that? Who says that? There is no doer! There is no choice! That is just a concept! There is no me! You are in your story!”.
You will believe that you have found the ultimate answers to life and you will stop listening deeply [and respectfully] to your [inferior] fellow humans. You may speak and act in cruel [& DISHONEST] ways [...common in forums!] and then justify your [DISHONEST] behaviour with the words “There is no choice” or “compassion is just a concept”. [or anything that makes you feel SUPERIOR and SAVED]

You [a completely DISHONEST being, channeled or otherwise] may even claim to be ‘no-one’, ‘not identified’ or ‘not a person’, and then, to top it all off, you will say you do not believe anything at all, that you have no religion or identity and have gone beyond all stories, and that it is [blind & ignorant] others – not you – who are trapped in their stories (even though there are no others to be trapped!)

If anyone disagrees with your preaching [they will be BANNED!], you will fall back on seemingly irrefutable [& SMUG] retorts such as “WHO says that?”, “You don’t get it yet!”, or “Everything is impersonal!” When you are really struggling to win an argument [it happens in ALL forums], you may even pull out the ultimate get-out [top your opponent] clauses: “WHO cares?”… or “There’s still a ‘me’ there!” [LOL, which usually works since most folks will become: confused, then ashamed, then afraid and finally ANGRY over being QUESTIONED this way.]

You, and your fellow [DISHONEST, mean-spirited] club members, will interpret your own lack of human care and kindness as a sign of how awakened and clear you are [and simply trying to "help" the blind and lost Rabble out there.]

Oh, my friends, I do [honestly] speak from experience. I was once a fully-paid-up member of this loveless, judgemental, superior & DISHONEST cult. I left about six or seven years ago, sneaking off in the dead of night, ready and willing to be a living, breathing [HONEST] human being again with a beating heart, and ready and willing to listen deeply to my fellow humans, [WITHOUT judgement, scorn and fake empathy] and the relief was so, so great. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid. [AND BE HONEST]
"All you need is love and HONESTY". ~ jim
Old 18-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Cool Dishonesty

Quote:
They just haven't owned up to their own jeffness yet and are living ina bubble of denial and intellectual claptrap . They don't even live by example, they pick and choose a self identity when it suits . It's very odd .
x daz x
Hmmmm, interesting JUDGEMENTS there. Is this what Jeff was talking about - JUDGEMENT of others?
Old 18-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Thanks for sharing this Daz...I can respect someone like that too.

It's always nice to know that while everyone's getting there at their own pace, some folks are really making clear strides like his Jeffness that can serve as inspiration for many others who may fear that next step and what it may bring.

As Jeff and others show, it's not so bad...it's doable, no need to fear. Even more, it feels right and good to be who he was and to live from his centre and he can speak to that as well.

Peace & blessings,
7L

One eventually faces where there at and the denial will eventually cease .

If one has realised what they are, they won't stand corrected further down the line .

Individuals that intellectually refer themselves to not being here, or there or is no-one per se will eventually correct themselves .

Some believe a theory so much that they almost buy it, butt the jeffness is the self aspect that believes the theory or not .

The realisation blows the theory either way .

x daz x
Old 18-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Jim, I have to say I was moved when I read your story and I am so glad for you that you are away from that.

Thanks 7, (I think?). I never was in "that".
Quote:
....have folks in your life who love and accept you as you are, and who seek & support your highest good equally to their own. After all, that is what it's all about.
Yep.

Quote:
You have also performed a public service for many of us, and I don't mean just warning folks of the destructive and cult-like nature of this neo-advaita group.
Actually, I did it as a joke but, if folks are "warned" by Jeff's story, then I'm happy for them. I'd think that common sense would show folks just how wrong and bad mean-spirited judgement, criticism and arrogance can be - especially if you grew up with it.

Quote:
To say this is important, is an understatement of the highest magnitude. Because I also mean that there are many of us who have known and loved folks who clearly were influenced by this sort of thinking.
Yes, judgement and criticism SUCKS and many of us were traumatized by it in our early childhood!

Quote:
And I must say, as a form of misdirection or denial, it no doubt appeals strongly to some of the most emotionally & spiritually traumatised folks.

Trauma, of any kind, will often lead to defenses like: Judgement, criticism, blaming, ill-will, animosity, FEAR and the "holier than Thou" attitude/defense. The damaged ego ALWAYS need it's defenses.

Quote:
Those who are most vulnerable emotionally and/or spiritually, and those who are least likely to benefit from its dubious benefits, whilst being most likely to do great harm to all those around them (to fam & friends, partners, spouses, or children). I.e., those around them whom they'd unwittingly but quite cruelly dehumanised as non-entities in order to fit into their strange belief system.

Very good! You must be a therapist of a counselor or perhaps a trauma Survivor. I'm impressed.

Thanks again,
and peace & blessings
jim
Old 18-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Hmmmm, interesting JUDGEMENTS there. Is this what Jeff was talking about - JUDGEMENT of others?

I think they are . A non dualist needs to be more of a realist because a sense of self or the ego is what renounces that sense of what they are that is present .

Another interesting Judgement to ponder ..

I haven't listened to enough jeffness to know what he thinks of others . I was interested in his own u-turn .

x daz x
Old 18-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Be honest

Quote:
A non dualist needs to be more of a realist
A "non dualist", "dualist" and everyone needs to be more HONEST.

Quote:
because a sense of self or the ego is what renounces that sense of what they are that is present .
Yes, the ego can really mess one up!
Old 19-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
A "non dualist", "dualist" and everyone needs to be more HONEST.

Yes, the ego can really mess one up!

Yes I agree self honesty is the key . There is no fooling self .

So you know that the ego is what renounces aspects of self .

Self is unified, self ego can create a divide .

So if you understand that the non dualist's who renounce this and not that are only coming from ego .

The ego is a sense of self or what you are had .

To suggest no-one is here while in expression of being someone that experiences the ego, then they are in denial of their own self or are confused by the dogma that surrounds them or a bit of both .

x daz x
Old 19-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat

Quote:
Yes I agree self honesty is the key .
Quote:
There is no fooling self .
Is that true for you?
Quote:
So you know that the ego is what renounces aspects of self .
No, I don't know, do you?
Quote:
Self is unified, self ego can create a divide .
Is this your own personal experience or just an assumption?

Quote:
So if you understand that the non dualist's who renounce this and not that are only coming from ego .
Is this something you actually know or is it a guess?

Quote:
The ego is a sense of self or what you are had .
Please explaln that sentence.

Quote:
To suggest no-one is here while in expression of being someone that experiences the ego, then they are in denial of their own self or are confused by the dogma that surrounds them or a bit of both .
Can you prove that?
Do you ever speak for and about your own life, experiences and reality? I'd love to see how life is for you and read about your own, personal experiences and knowledge rather than these rambling, speeches, lectures and judgements from you. Do you ever honestly speak for your self? Are you a prisoner of shame and guilt? Are you afraid of the 'I'/'me'/'mine' words?
Old 19-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
There is no fooling self .

Except, ironically, this whole thread, and recent ones from jimrich, speak to the opposite, God-Like.