Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-03-2020, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
What about form and formlessness?

Formlessness underlies all form. If people talk about male/female or tall/short then they are comparing different aspects of form.

Form cannot exist without formlessness.

Formlessness can exist without form.

Peace

Form and formless, yes much better wording.
Old 28-03-2020, 07:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
P.S. My best guess is that those (there seems to be many such in Hindu and Buddhist circles) who simply play the 'game' of getting off of what they regard to just be am endlessly round-and-round turning Wheel (think hamster cage wheel!) of Life and who think/feel/and/believe that they can't/don't have a potentially eternally self-sustaining soul will at best just manage to dissolve their 'i'dentities and not incarnate again, such that they end up being 'nothing' (or nothingness), possibly forever!, thereafter. They way I see it (I am only imagining possibilities here!) IMO such as them don't/won't] grow and develop a greater and greater capacity to experience and express Love and Joy in relation to and with others and Life Itself because they (at most) act 'lovingly' as a duty, not as a function of heartfelt desire and intention. Many such speak of and recommend emotional detachment and relational dissociation as well as self-abnegation and extinguishing self as desirable 'game' 'goals', for example.

My logic is that one can't 'reap' what one does not 'sow'. I could just be myopically not seeing, i.e. not 'sensing' ( to GS), something resembling what I think of as soul development in their cases, however. Conceivably, such as them may 'switch' games enroute as a result of becoming aware of the kinds of soul-development possibilities I speak of. [Here's a 'definition' for anyone wanting one: one's 'soul' is the living gestalt of one's personal mind-and-spirit 'constellation' - I refer interested readers to my treatise to anyone who wishes to consider and contemplate what I have presented here 'in short' in greater detail .]

Dissolving their identities and not incarnating again I think that's the goal is it not. I think we'll all lose these personalities/character when these bodies die. Or do you think there's some fragment that remains on the other side? I don't think someone ****ing about or wasting their humanness on this plane would have the power in one life to destroy the soul, if that's what you mean.
Old 28-03-2020, 07:41 AM
Master
I've been thinking more about the eyes and seeing colours. I've seen colour in dreams. I've also seen colours while being awake with my eyes closed. I'm sure blind people that used to be able to see, can still see some things while being blind. @Starman, I've noticed you writing before about losing your sight for a time. Maybe you could explain what you could still see if you wouldn't mind? And now I'm also wondering if people that are blind from birth can "see" anything.

I think I can recall member Bartholomew mention, that on the other side, among other ways, that they use colour as one way of communicating. I think the brain is a processor for the input that comes from somewhere else. I don't think it's created in the brain or the eyes.

Also, the rules in the game. It's useful to follow certain rules if you can call them that. In the individual character roles. Like eating for one. To keep the body alive. Or not jumping off a cliff Then there are the more subtle rules depending on what one wants out of life. But no rules regarding the big picture I don't think.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. Very interesting and informative.
Old 28-03-2020, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Could you have something and the opposite being nothing. Probably not.

As you have touched upon already there is form and formless but what you are remains regardless .

In this respect there are still opposites in comparison like the movie character and the real actor .

If this life experience is a game, what is the life experience had that is not a game?

If this life experience is a dream, what is the life experience had that is not a dream?

You see these are the answers that never come because they cannot be answered without negating their position .

x daz x
Old 28-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Then there are the more subtle rules depending on what one wants out of life.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. Very interesting and informative.

Good afternoon JosephineBloggs

Like, don't knock it till you try it. That leaves the barn doors wide open.
Old 28-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Dissolving their identities and not incarnating again I think that's the goal is it not. I think we'll all lose these personalities/character when these bodies die. Or do you think there's some fragment that remains on the other side? I don't think someone ****ing about or wasting their humanness on this plane would have the power in one life to destroy the soul, if that's what you mean.

There is a soul level that always reflects within experience wherever you are ..

Certain what I would call superficial traits can dissolve because they are not needed or they are seen through .

A selfish man for instance that hoards all his life because of some mental or emotional trigger will at a point let those traits go in the land of plenty for all .

But this is not to say that some with great attachments to the material side of life once crossed over will remain protective of that which mean't something to them ..

Personality traits are part of the parcel of individuality and individuality remains always until it doesn't .

x daz x
Old 28-03-2020, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Excellent observation. I resonate with what you have shared. Although, in human form I do think that discrimination has a spiritual significance, although not at the expense of having a fragmented perspective.

Humanity is like and ocean wave crashing on the shore, with each generation being a new wave, The human race, seemingly divided, is actually very cohesive. Some may look at it as a "game," but I view it as a dance, a rhythm in each generation and we all contribute to the tune of that rhythm.

It is inextricably one thing that is happening, a rhythm, a dance and not a game, in my opinion. And there are some who dance to the beat of a different drummer, they may be ahead of the curve, nonetheless they are still cohesive with the one, as we all are. There are no individual roles, for what some may call "better" or "worst" we all contribute to each other, as we are all connected in ways unfathomable.

I agree discriminating has it’s place in this world and this is why I have mentioned in Robert Adams’s case that he is able to identify and discriminate between his cat and his wife and chooses to marry his wife and not his cat . It is true enough to say that the cat and the wife and Robert are the same fundamentally but if there was only sameness perceived then there would be no marriage required because there would only be what you fundamentally are perceived at all times . This is not the case however and this is why certain guru types are not living in reflection of their teachings .

I also prefer the dance of life metaphor as you put it rather than a game but as always there has to be a comparison for the dance which will never come ..

This is why absolute truths put across in ways of life being a dream or the person is nothing but an illusion or a character role then they have to put their money where their mouth is in this regard .

To simply say that life is similar to a movie or a dream or a dance would be more agreeable with most because at times there indeed seems to be similarities and reflections of these traits but they are not seen as absolutes .

x daz x
Old 28-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon daz

Hope your well and keeping out of trouble
Old 28-03-2020, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon daz

Hope your well and keeping out of trouble

Ha ha, It's hard to cause too much trouble when self isolating

Hope you are well mate

x daz x
Old 28-03-2020, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
As you have touched upon already there is form and formless but what you are remains regardless .

In this respect there are still opposites in comparison like the movie character and the real actor .

If this life experience is a game, what is the life experience had that is not a game?

If this life experience is a dream, what is the life experience had that is not a dream?

You see these are the answers that never come because they cannot be answered without negating their position .

x daz x

I don't know what it's like on the other side. Or how things go on over there. But I believe there is something other than this material world/game/character.