Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-07-2017, 01:05 AM
Master
Spirituality is Subjective Truth

I really have not posted in a while . I just had to get this chest. so I have this one Christian friend recently she and I gotton into a debate via social media over relegion. she told me that; "The Bible 100% historicallly and scientifically accurate. and says that I'm against anyone who bias towards the bible, and I don't have jesus in my heart." she then goes onto say; "Real Truth is objective and dosent subscribe to subjective spiritual truths".

I am just someone who believes in god but doesn't want old interpretations to hinder me in living in today's world ... same as Christians that use contraception and don't go to the church every Sunday ...
I understand why many people have issues with religion. Structure and rules are definitely needed, but they also need to make sense. I view religion as structure and spirituality as emotion/feelings and relationship(s). They both go hand in hand and need to work together.

Many people seem to be moving away from religion because it's so limiting and archaic in many ways. I just think that the structure needs to change to make sense. Drinking alcohol every once in a while shouldn't equal condemnation in Hell or whatever punishment.
Old 15-07-2017, 02:52 AM
Master
If I had a friend who was 'against me' for whatever superficial belief they hold, suffice to say, they wouldn't remain my friend for very much longer.

Many people aren't moving away from religion, they are moving away from a belief in god, full stop and any structure which supports it (religion).

Real truth and spiritual truth are both subjective. You get two people who have experienced it to talk of their direct revelations and they still can't agree on anything apart from "what you experienced, you did and what I experienced, I did"...I must have totally wasted 4 hours of my life trying that last night.

When two people have realised the objective truth, all they will ever be able to do is sit and smile at each other, just winking and nodding a lot.
Old 15-07-2017, 04:42 AM
Master
Yeah this was me last night, slightly intoxicated:

Person: "God does not exist!"
Me: "No, God does exist!"
Person: "From my direct experiences, I have found that God does not exist"
Me: "That's very strange, because from my own direct experiences, I have found that He does".
Person: "Well, those experiences only apply to you".
Me: "...and so do your experiences only apply to you"
Person: "God does not exist".
Me: "God does not exist to you, but to me, He does".
Person: "That's only your mind thinking God exists"
Me: "and your mind also which thinks He does not"
Person: "God has not been proven to exist and ergo does not".
Me: "God has not been disproven to exist either, so you cannot do a 'null experiment' on God".
Person: "God cannot exist and not exist simultaneously".
Me: "Schrodinger's Cat has those properties".
Person: "If God exists, then I AM God"
Me: "God exists and everything IS God, but being God, does not exclude what everything still IS apart from God".
Person: "You make no sense whatsoever".
Me: "Where does Nirvana ever say that it had to make any sense?"
Person: "God is just a word...it is dog spelled backwards".
Me: "While ever you are still trapped within name and form, even saying that there are no names to describe it, you won't be able to see 'God' or a 'dog walking backwards".
Person "I grow tired of this...your reality is yours and mine is mine and there's nothing whatsoever in common between them".
Me: "That's the first thing you have said that I can actually agree with".

End convo.
Old 15-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I really have not posted in a while . I just had to get this chest. so I have this one Christian friend recently she and I gotton into a debate via social media over relegion. she told me that; "The Bible 100% historicallly and scientifically accurate. and says that I'm against anyone who bias towards the bible, and I don't have jesus in my heart." she then goes onto say; "Real Truth is objective and dosent subscribe to subjective spiritual truths".

I am just someone who believes in god but doesn't want old interpretations to hinder me in living in today's world ... same as Christians that use contraception and don't go to the church every Sunday ...
I understand why many people have issues with religion. Structure and rules are definitely needed, but they also need to make sense. I view religion as structure and spirituality as emotion/feelings and relationship(s). They both go hand in hand and need to work together.

Many people seem to be moving away from religion because it's so limiting and archaic in many ways. I just think that the structure needs to change to make sense. Drinking alcohol every once in a while shouldn't equal condemnation in Hell or whatever punishment.

Perfectly right!

I just posted a comment in "Strong Opinions" about this in a topic concerning God's view of mysticism and the occult.

What's been given in the New Testament is a highly edited version of Jesus' teachings.

We have to remember that the Roman Church wasn't set up by Jesus but by the Roman emperor Constantine 3 centuries after Jesus' execution. Constantine presided over the Nicene Council and more or less told the bishops what he wanted. He had 50 copies of the first Bible made so he could "approve" it. So to me it's a political not a religious document.

The church took over people's spirituality and told them what to believe. If someone refused they were punished sometimes in the most hideous of ways, like burning or torture. (The church is guilty of terrible atrocities during the slavery era.)

You can have Jesus in your heart without ever going near a church. He was exceptionally wise and compassionate. You'll find only some of his teachings in the Bible - those that are there are worthy of contemplation such as the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7).

You're right that people are moving away from religion. The Church simply lost its power. It started by being proved wrong about things that have scientifically shown to be nonsense. Then many of its functions were taken over by governments (such as education and welfare). Questions started with the Reformation under Luther and Calvin that undermined Papal supremacy. So it's gradually fallen apart.

We can still believe in Christ (the anointed one) and/or Jesus (the human) but it's become an individual thing.

Old 15-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
The Old Testament is a re-write of the Sumerian Enuma Elish, God and the devil (Ahura Mazda) were 'stolen' from Melchizedek and Christianity itself didn't exist until 450AD when Constantine convened the First Council of Nicaea. He was a Pagan by the way. The jury is still out on Jesus; a re-write of Mithras, a Nazorean Essene, not what the Bible made him out to be, never existed.....

Religion is for those that are afraid to go to hell, Spirituality is for those that have been there. And the truth is relative to your agenda.
Old 15-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Religion is for those that are afraid to go to hell, Spirituality is for those that have been there. And the truth is relative to your agenda.
So quotable that is!

One can also be religious and spiritual. Then again, I am a Hindu who doesn't really self-identify as being one. lol
Old 15-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Master
Thanks everyone for your input. I gusse I'm still friends with this person because we do have things in common i.e. we both want to book authors and we attend these creative writing sessions. I think that the "Bible" isn't the ultimate word of God becasue it was written over twothousand years ago and has been tampered with by man. I'm really not sure what to my beliefs are at this moment apart of me assumes that maybe Christinaity is the right way to go.
Old 15-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Perfectly right!

I just posted a comment in "Strong Opinions" about this in a topic concerning God's view of mysticism and the occult.

What's been given in the New Testament is a highly edited version of Jesus' teachings.

We have to remember that the Roman Church wasn't set up by Jesus but by the Roman emperor Constantine 3 centuries after Jesus' execution. Constantine presided over the Nicene Council and more or less told the bishops what he wanted. He had 50 copies of the first Bible made so he could "approve" it. So to me it's a political not a religious document.

The church took over people's spirituality and told them what to believe. If someone refused they were punished sometimes in the most hideous of ways, like burning or torture. (The church is guilty of terrible atrocities during the slavery era.)

You can have Jesus in your heart without ever going near a church. He was exceptionally wise and compassionate. You'll find only some of his teachings in the Bible - those that are there are worthy of contemplation such as the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7).

You're right that people are moving away from religion. The Church simply lost its power. It started by being proved wrong about things that have scientifically shown to be nonsense. Then many of its functions were taken over by governments (such as education and welfare). Questions started with the Reformation under Luther and Calvin that undermined Papal supremacy. So it's gradually fallen apart.

We can still believe in Christ (the anointed one) and/or Jesus (the human) but it's become an individual thing.

Thank you for your insightful post @Lorelyen. I admit I don't read the bible I only read up to Genesis and the Phrophets, but never read the whole book. I belive that each relegion Christanity, Islam, and Judahism, all stem from the same source and branched off another. I actually should start studying the history of christinaity, Islam, ect. so I can a better understanding .
Old 15-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The Old Testament is a re-write of the Sumerian Enuma Elish, God and the devil (Ahura Mazda) were 'stolen' from Melchizedek and Christianity itself didn't exist until 450AD when Constantine convened the First Council of Nicaea. He was a Pagan by the way. The jury is still out on Jesus; a re-write of Mithras, a Nazorean Essene, not what the Bible made him out to be, never existed.....

I really need dwell into the history of relegion, the bible was written over twothousand years ago, what I have learned that there are many different versions of the bible and some were on scrolls.
Old 15-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yeah this was me last night, slightly intoxicated:

Person: "God does not exist!"
Me: "No, God does exist!"
Person: "From my direct experiences, I have found that God does not exist"
Me: "That's very strange, because from my own direct experiences, I have found that He does".
Person: "Well, those experiences only apply to you".
Me: "...and so do your experiences only apply to you"
Person: "God does not exist".
Me: "God does not exist to you, but to me, He does".
Person: "That's only your mind thinking God exists"
Me: "and your mind also which thinks He does not"
Person: "God has not been proven to exist and ergo does not".
Me: "God has not been disproven to exist either, so you cannot do a 'null experiment' on God".
Person: "God cannot exist and not exist simultaneously".
Me: "Schrodinger's Cat has those properties".
Person: "If God exists, then I AM God"
Me: "God exists and everything IS God, but being God, does not exclude what everything still IS apart from God".
Person: "You make no sense whatsoever".
Me: "Where does Nirvana ever say that it had to make any sense?"
Person: "God is just a word...it is dog spelled backwards".
Me: "While ever you are still trapped within name and form, even saying that there are no names to describe it, you won't be able to see 'God' or a 'dog walking backwards".
Person "I grow tired of this...your reality is yours and mine is mine and there's nothing whatsoever in common between them".
Me: "That's the first thing you have said that I can actually agree with".

End convo.
I have faith in God and don't think Jesus ever exsited, I want ever get to see him in my lifetime . I would like to see myself as a Goddess just tapping into my potential.