Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2006, 01:12 AM
0cean

My long term objective

First of all, I am a new member here so let me say hello to everyone.

I would like to share with you a project that I have decided to take on, though it may take years because I will only do it when I am moved to do so, I won't force it on myself. I have purchased a number of the spiritual books throughout all the religions, the bible, the quran, the upanisheds, the bhagavad gita, the dhammapada, the kabbalah, a book on zen buddhism, and tibetan buddhism, etc., etc. And, I plan on studying all beliefs that I can find. My reasoning for this stems from my belief that there is only one truth regardless of whether people accept it, know it, like it or dislike it. I believe that through time this belief has been broken apart into all the religions that we have today, and further into sub-categories (i.e. Lutheran, Chatholic, Methodist, etc. all within Christianity). I believe that Satan's biggest tool in dividing God's people is religion - think of it, it is the perfect way to hide the truth so that no one will ever know what it is. Anyway, I would love to know what some other people's perspective are on this. Thanks for the input.

Peace.
Old 30-09-2006, 04:42 AM
mikron

Greetings Ocean! and welcome to the forum! everyone here Star Seeds and Lightworkers embark on sacred journey that transends all religions and yet includes them all if a person needs them ! The path of oneness to find our own true Light! The aspect of free will shows there is much to learn ! and move into Higher Levels of consciousness !

Namaste mikron
Old 01-10-2006, 01:03 AM
BLAIR2BE

hi 0cean, welcome to the forum!!
you will, no doubt, find truths in these texts. also, bits of information that must be decifered (not plainly visible on the surface).
but please do not hope to find the "great truth of ALL". i suppose anything is possible; but the great truth lies within you! within your being, your soul, your spirit, your energy!
i must, at times, be reminded of this, as i am certainly no great "master". this is the secret, though. you are god. your soul is from god, the source of all. within your soul are the answers you look for. to "look" outside yourself,...well this will be a long quest. one looks for a lost book, a cigarette lighter, car keys. your eyes, i believe, can never find spirituality.

(there isnt anything wrong with researching these texts though, just be mindful of your perspective)

also i agree with you that religion has been used to manipulate and control. division is one of the most important tools used to hold us down, to control the people, to distract from whats real, whats important.

many religious "stories", myths and morals, do seem to be strikingly similar, though...

what do you think...???

- stay positive and love your life
Old 01-10-2006, 06:20 AM
0cean

Thanks for the replies.
I'm completely aware that the truth is within.. If it weren't, if it were there as a fact, our freedom of choice to believe what we want would be gone. I would just like to try and decipher through some of the congestion, so to speak. I think the focus has been on all the differences for far too long and that bringing the focus to the similarities has to start somewhere. If, for no other reason, to at least try to bring people back together, in turn making their spiritual growth, hopefully a bit easier as it would be more accepted. I hope that makes sense...
Old 01-10-2006, 06:43 AM
dreamer

Hey Ocean, that is a fantastic long term objective and one that you will achieve if you keep your mind on it. I have two suggestions the first is to get a copy of the gnostic gospels, the gospel of thomas gives great encouragement to those wanting to find inner peace, the second is to just ask God/the universe, allah however you call it, with all your heart for the truth to be shown to you, you will find that it will be shown to you if you observe and listen, there are lessons in nature, music, art, people, science, what is "evil" and what is good, the universe is a great teacher if you are open to learning - there is a lesson in everything if you learn trust your thoughts and intuitions. Also get a copy of the secret www.thesecret.tv it's a great start to learning about the law of attraction and the Tau te ching, the prophet bi khalil gilbran and bhagavad gita have been brilliant for me.

Sorry three things, i wish you all the best, always be curious until your curiosity has been fully sated, knock and the door will be opened - TO YOU Ocean. Go for it, it's great.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 AM
wayfaring

Hi Ocean
It's a great Journey! Bear in mind that you will never get to the end...the journey is the thing. As a good companion try Huston Smith's 'Forgotten truth' (Harper Collins)

Happy travelling!
Closed Thread