Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-05-2019, 06:10 AM
Master
What does "The way, the truth and the life" mean to you?

Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life". How do you interpret what He said?

To me it does not mean "I Am is the way, the truth and the life". To me it means that Christ is the way, the truth and the life.

I see it that Christ is telling us that He is the PATH. Also that He is the DOOR. He is telling us that He is the objective and goal of life. If we follow Him then we are on the right path and we will be drawn into the Kingdom. In a way Christ was telling us that He is the meaning of life if we choose Him to be.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life". How do you interpret what He said?

To me it does not mean "I Am is the way, the truth and the life". To me it means that Christ is the way, the truth and the life.

I see it that Christ is telling us that He is the PATH. Also that He is the DOOR. He is telling us that He is the objective and goal of life. If we follow Him then we are on the right path and we will be drawn into the Kingdom. In a way Christ was telling us that He is the meaning of life if we choose Him to be.

' I am the way, the truth and the life". How do you interpret what He said? '

The ' I am ' is the important statement IMO.
Jesus would never have been so arrogant to tell others that he personally was the only way. He interacted with people from other religions/beliefs.

He healed the sick
He delivered the demonically oppressed
He told people to tell others what God had done for them
He praised people for their great faith
He praised people as examples of what God wants
He announced they would feast in heaven with the earlier prophets.

The light of ' I am ' is self realization, you can only get to the Father/Source through the state of awareness our true nature.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The ' I am ' is the important statement IMO.
Jesus would never have been so arrogant to tell others that he personally was the only way. He interacted with people from other religions/beliefs.

Christ was not saying He is the only way. But He was saying He is the true way.

It is a different perspective to self-realisation. Christ was sent from the God above to brings us back to the God above. We are not strong enough to lift ourselves back to God above and so Christ does the lifting.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:

It is a different perspective to self-realisation. Christ was sent from the God above to brings us back to the God above. We are not strong enough to lift ourselves back to God above and so Christ does the lifting.

If you need bringing back to God then that means you are separate, or you feel separate, as I don't feel separate I see it differently. ' I am ' that, I am....
Also I don't believe God is above so I don't feel I need lifting, God to me is within not above.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Master
I think he meant I Am, as in through ourselves. Excepting that means we have to take responsibility for who and what we are. So it's understandable why some don't want to except this. Ultimately it's freeing and powerful though.

What do you think of the "you are gods" psalm?
Old 04-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:

I don't think you can have it both ways. It's either or.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you need bringing back to God then that means you are separate, or you feel separate, as I don't feel separate I see it differently. ' I am ' that, I am....
Also I don't believe God is above so I don't feel I need lifting, God to me is within not above.

Yes so you say. I actually do feel separate from God.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I don't think you can have it both ways. It's either or.

Possibly. The truth is that people can become enlightened and so there is a path there. However Christ's path leads to a greater reality than enlightenment IMO.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
What do you think of the "you are gods" psalm?

Well, I am a God. As we all are. However I believe that somehow I have managed to 'drop' from heaven or 'fall' from grace. To me being a God is not the same as being God Himself.

I have responsibility and power but I am still limited.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Possibly. The truth is that people can become enlightened and so there is a path there. However Christ's path leads to a greater reality than enlightenment IMO.

What is greater than enlightenment?