Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Belongstolove

Inner child and God Self

I have recently done some inner child work involving a self parenting program. The program follows a consistent conversation with my inner child where my "Inner parent" can only ask questions. The Inner child then answers these questions and receives a "thank you inner child for sharing that with me". The inner parent listens to the Inner child without judgments and is only allowed to thank him or her and nothing more. Affirmations were addressed in this program examining how they may be more effective when given in the form of a question. The Inner child actually resists the affirmation because 1. they are being told how to think or what to think and 2. There is something pushy about saying something is true with an assumption the there is general lack of understanding that is true. For instance, instead of saying "I am a child of God", the exercise would be "Inner child, are you a child of God?" Just like open ended questions, the inner child is free to express their thoughts on the matter without have a statement imposed upon them as if it were true. I found this to be very therapeutic given I had all kinds of unconscious beliefs getting in the way of trusting what I really knew to be true. The understanding that is often contained in affirmations fro personal growth are a right brain activity. I find that repetition is not necessarily the best way to integrate what an affirmation truly means, either.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Deactivated Account

That's quite an interesting way of going about it.. but the inner child is often plagued with anxieties which can't always be changed through questioning alone. The idea of affirmations are supposed to draw out what's already there, buried deep down, not to make you believe something that you don't know is true or not. But, go with your hunch. If you feel that questioning your inner child would work better for you then go with that.. inner children can be different ages depending on where your development was interrupted. So if yours is older, maybe around teenage age, then it might be more amicable to open questioning rather than blind affirmation, which is what a younger child would desire.
Old 24-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you so much.