Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 22-10-2014, 03:29 PM
happy_rack

Tarot with Personality?

I have had my tarot cards for about 6 years now and I only have one deck, and only have used one deck. In the beginning when I first got them, I did a couple of small Y/N readings and it was very basic. But as the years went on, I feel like how they answered the questions started to change a tad bit. Well more like I started to see a trend in the answers. There are multiple ways on how to answer questions with the cards.

Like if you're in a bad relationship and you don't think it's really a terrible relationship and you ask it anyways, you could get a 2 of swords, or an 8 of cups, and they kind of mean around the same ball park. (Well I think so personally, but other people might feel different.) So, what makes the cards pick those particular words in the sentence to tell you the answer?

This might sound a bit weird, but I feel like my tarot cards have a bit of a personality. The way they write a sentence seems to always have a bit of a snap. Like if I was talking to my friend about my terrible boyfriend and she's like, "BF now you knew when you went over there that it was going to be an argument so why did you go over there? You should of just broke up with his booty!" Instead of if a mom-mom were to say it it would be more like, "Awe honey, now would your father want you to go out with someone like that. Whatever you decide I'm here for you [even though I want you to break up with him]."

Does anybody else think that there cards have a "personality"? And also do you think its the way I'm interpreting the cards, because sometimes I just hear this separate voice reading the interpretation for me and it comes off a bit like the best friend.
Old 22-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Guide
Have you ever done a deck interview with your deck - something like this:

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
3. What are your limits as a deck?
4. What do you bring to the table—what are you here to teach me?
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?

I think it's gives you a good feel of the decks "personality" for want of another word
Old 22-10-2014, 04:58 PM
happy_rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWolfy
Have you ever done a deck interview with your deck - something like this:

1. Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
2. What are your strengths as a deck?
3. What are your limits as a deck?
4. What do you bring to the table—what are you here to teach me?
5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you?

I think it's gives you a good feel of the decks "personality" for want of another word

No I haven't...I didn't know that that was a thing O.O
Old 22-10-2014, 07:45 PM
PeaceLily

Hi Happy!
What is so interesting about tarot (to me anyway lol) is the cards speak to the person they connect with, usually the one doing the reading. The interpretation of the card also relates to the other cards and the question. All of the cards give a different answer, some may just be a slight difference.

The cards mean different things to different readers, and different decks can also give you a different meaning for the same card.

When I have a 2 Cups in a reading it almost always pertains to a new relationship, mostly for me it's a business relationship or friendship. In the context of your friends having an argument, mine says they will make up. May not stay together lol!!!

My 8 of Cups says to me the person is walking away from it all for a new start.

And I do believe the decks have a distinct personality. Last week I was focusing on the cards for my sister and it was all about stress and work. That's her! So I pulled a qualifier card for her and it was work related again. I said to myself, give me a break there has to be something in her life other than work and I pulled The High Priestess.

If you look at the RWS High Priestess she has a black pillar with a B and on the right she has a white pillar with a J. My sister's initials are BJ!

Have a great time with your tarot journey!
Old 23-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Master
My Thoth deck has an intense personality, but I like it. It can be aggressive at times, but it always speaks the truth. It never sugar coats.
Old 23-10-2014, 08:56 PM
PeaceLily

Not to take over the thread - BUT - love your site AQ!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
My Thoth deck has an intense personality, but I like it. It can be aggressive at times, but it always speaks the truth. It never sugar coats.
Old 24-10-2014, 03:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLily
Not to take over the thread - BUT - love your site AQ!!!!

Thank you!
Old 24-10-2014, 04:10 AM
happy_rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen

OMG Your site is awesome O.O

I'm happy you people make me feel less crazy when thinking abou tthe question.

A Thor deck sounds so cool. I wonder if my deck was a little bit more "soft" would it be a different read? HAve you tried reading with another deck?
Old 24-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_rack
OMG Your site is awesome O.O

I'm happy you people make me feel less crazy when thinking abou tthe question.

A Thor deck sounds so cool. I wonder if my deck was a little bit more "soft" would it be a different read? HAve you tried reading with another deck?

Thank you so much!

I have the Sun and Moon tarot and the Morgan-Greer tarot. Nothing compares to my Thoth