Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 03-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
I think when it happens there is some message or something I am to see. It could be that is the only way to receive it. So next time I will just allow it to come through.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Knower

Perhaps lucid dreaming is a spiritual contact state rather than a self generated dream world. That is how it maps to my experience. All the most lucid dreaming was imported into my conscious dream state. When that level of engagement is not present there may be residual processing of the various engagements of life. In the absence of both is sound sleep without dream or engagement. What I am saying is you are not completely in control of your dream world. There are other conscious forces which may influence dream states.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
It could be that too truthjunkie. I like my dream dates. lol.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal
It could be that too truthjunkie. I like my dream dates. lol.

I had a dialog with a woman who literally felt a spiritual presence make love to her during either a pre or post sleep cycle and she wanted more. It happens. My niece used to get ready in the mirror to a pronounced male voice in her head stating how pretty she looked, etc. All signs of spiritual contact.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Yeah, some of us like our dream time more then wake time at times.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 AM
konstunnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenlegacy
Hi,
I am new here. I suck at Lucid Dreaming. I've always wanted to do it and yet, I can never push myself to do it for some reason. I guess I have somewhat of a fear to try it. I've tried to become lucid while in my dreams but I always forget and then I end up waking up after dreaming and thinking "I just had a dream but I was not lucid at all. DAMNIT."

I look at all these amazing Lucid Dream stories and I want to have my own adventures and stories to tell. I want to be able to control my dream instead of just going with the flow of my dreams and letting them control me. I also want to use lucid dreaming as a way to explore my mind and also overcome fears and gain confidence.

Can anyone help me? I would love to start lucid dreaming.

That is not an attitude which will allow you to progress :P. "I suck at lucid dreaming," what a negative affirmation that is.

It can take some practice. Write down your dreams everytime you remember a dream, and talk about it, too. It will allow you to be more aware of your dreaming. I haven't lucid dreamt in awhile, but I've had some intensely vivid dreams for the past few weeks. Also, you may have lucid dreams more than you think--you may just not remember. Like astral projecting, when the reintegration of consciousness to the physical body happens, sometimes it can be difficult to recall. Or you may not remember at all. You could always affirm: I will lucid dream tonight, and I will remember everything," instead of: "I suck at lucid dreaming."

Oh, and one more thing: Perhaps you will then realize that "reality" is no more "real" than a dream. It is all an illusion, a hologram.
Have fun.
Blessings and love,

Kon
Old 04-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Master

:) the grass seems always greener on the other side. I have lucid dreamed before, for me personally it was by being aware of what wasn't true (I was having field hockey practice at a college... I had never been to and didn't recognize.) Since then, my dreams are kind of in that please don't ever do that again here let me give you some control so you don't do that state of dream. So I can use my abilities and am partially lucid, but I let the dream continue. This keeps whatever in my mind from being unhappy because I'm literally on the lose (and changing scenes every couple seconds cause I like drawing doors with whatever's on hand and seeing if they work, and a change of scenery every few seconds is fun :P
Also, something I learned from reading Carlos Castaneda's book- focus on seeing hands when you get into your dream and use it as an indicator that you are dreaming. This forces you to become aware. Once you realize that you are aware you are free, cause you always had freedom, you just have to realize it first.
Also, a good thing to do to help this search for your hands is even while you are awake to pay attention whenever you see a hand, stop, and ask yourself if you are dreaming. If you drill this in, then you will do it automatically in your sleep, because otherwise would make it obvious that you were dreaming. Or use some other trigger, and possibly more than one.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 31-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Chauffeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
focus on seeing hands when you get into your dream and use it as an indicator that you are dreaming. This forces you to become aware. Once you realize that you are aware you are free, cause you always had freedom, you just have to realize it first.

The technique with looking at your hand is superb.
Usually, I get a feeling, that this is all a dream - developed thru' reality checks in waking life -
By just being aware all the time and asking yourself, if this is all an illusion = that way, you'll be aware in your dreams too, asking the same question!

I like how you also explain about that focus makes you free. That's exactly how life works too.
Old 26-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Experiencer
I suck too. I've been aware "it was a dream" lots of time but I never remember to try anything, usually. And when I try, I fail.
Once there I was, a normal setting no one around and I'm like "hey I'm dreaming, I wanna fly" and I went and threw myself up and just fell. In another occasion, "hmm, I'm dreaming what about casting spells?" raised my hands and nothing.
In another dream it felt like a video game, so I was killing some monsters and went thru a door and saw a lot of people I was supposed to fight. "No way I can make it, I wanna restart it" So this worked. But other than that I've never been able to fully control a dream. And sometimes I know it's a dream but I go along with the crowd and what's happening.
Old 19-06-2014, 08:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenlegacy
Hi,
I am new here. I suck at Lucid Dreaming. I've always wanted to do it and yet, I can never push myself to do it for some reason. I guess I have somewhat of a fear to try it. I've tried to become lucid while in my dreams but I always forget and then I end up waking up after dreaming and thinking "I just had a dream but I was not lucid at all. DAMNIT."

I look at all these amazing Lucid Dream stories and I want to have my own adventures and stories to tell. I want to be able to control my dream instead of just going with the flow of my dreams and letting them control me. I also want to use lucid dreaming as a way to explore my mind and also overcome fears and gain confidence.

Can anyone help me? I would love to start lucid dreaming.

If you are serious about wanting to lucid dream. There is a few things you should be doing

1/ Keep a dream journal
2/ Doing reality checking (how are you currently reality checking?)
3/ Get more positive about it and stop telling yourself you suck as you want your subconsciousness self to help you in this not work against you with helping you become aware in a dream.
4/ Make sure you have a goal that you'd really like to do if you find yourself in a dream (this can help one stay in a dream better and give more incentive to get into one).