Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 09-11-2023, 08:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Developing sensitivity further

Hi, I hope this is in the right section.

I just need some advice, as I seem to be sensitive to things that have not happened yet, especially when it comes to health issues or issues that cause a subject emotional distress. I'm just wondering if it is something I can develop further to help people, and any advice would be welcome.

So some more prominent examples of this are as follows:

1. I tend to get an overwhelming, sometimes debilitating feeling of dread or that something is about to go wrong, and then something happens to someone.

Example: I'm at work and feel overcome with emotion and dread the whole day, and I feel out of phase with reality. When I get home, my family is waiting to tell me my father has passed - he was completely estranged living in another country and I had no contact or info about him for 12 years.

A simpler example: Today I was watching TV and ordered pizza. As soon as I put the phone down, I became overwhelmed with the same feeling, and even talked to my parrot and told her repeatedly "Something is very wrong". Eventually the pizza arrived an hour late and they told me the delivery guy was in a motorbike crash and badly injured on their way to my house, and they had to remake the order and send someone else.

2. When it comes to things further in the future they come to me in dreams that are symbolic.

An example is the one I posted in the dreams thread about a dream regarding a bowl shaped moon, which I had two or three months before the event. The exact date at the end of October that I deduced from comparing the shape of the moon in my dream to a lunar chart, I was sitting and wondering if something would happen, and a message came through on my phone saying my brother was admitted to hospital. My sister phoned me crying because I had shared the dream with her.

I would like to ask if someone experienced could give me advice about if it's possible to take more control and develop this so some things may be prevented, or am I just a spectator cursed with watching things unfold, and feeling the terrible desperate emotions of others as if they were my own, or am I overthinking trivial things?
Old 17-11-2023, 07:34 AM
Master
Most sensitives have a certain degree of opening up through these kinds of experiences. I’ve had a few through my openings. It’s not somewhere I chose to reside because I kept growing and deepening to integrate a lot of this kind of stuff.

As a highly sensitive, I’m attuned now as I direct it. So as an example, I do readings on a fb spiritual guidance page, as I feel drawn to someone, but I don’t need to read people in general.

When things like you’re experiencing open, the prophetic insights, I think it’s important to remember you can’t control outcomes of others. Their path and choices decide for them.

The fact is you’re unaware of what the feeling entirely means so to me that unknown factor is playing out for you to build a picture bigger than you hold already.

Reading through what feelings you’re experiencing can signal that perhaps you’re not flowing fully with them so each time those feelings are triggering you to notice. Going further into those feelings and asking yourself what they might connect in you can open you to flow more readily into more of this picture forming of you.

I don’t get overwhelmed or feel dread through others, but rather as a reader I am grounded and clear reading them. Even if they are struggling, in trauma etc..I’m showing you this mainly to see that it’s through feeling clarity you can still support others in the path and way these gifts are shared.

The feelings you’re experiencing can keep these things happening. But long term it will overwhelm your own system.
Old 17-11-2023, 11:25 AM
Administrator
Everyone who is a sensitive will know this it is a common occurrence

it could be that you spiritual side is growing also,

Namaste
Old 17-11-2023, 02:23 PM
I don't know how to answer your question, Sacred, but a friend went to a SCHOOL or maybe a long, regular Workshop ...
and left with a Certificate!
Only after he passed the last test ---flip a coin 100 times and calling heads or tails correctly EACH time.
I'm sure there is 'something' out there or someone that could help to hone your skills...and
I am a believer that what you need can manifest for you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-11-2023, 08:17 AM
Master

Hi Sacred . I cannot really offer any advice as each of us is very different in how we operate/ ground ourselves/ and cope with being highly sensitive. Ask 100 people what makes them happy/ sad/ laugh/ cry and you will get 100 different answers ..
Ask 100 sensitives/ empaths how they cope , and again, you will get 100 different answers .
I do of course fully Empathize with your situation as I live it everyday too so I know how overwhelming things can be.
JustBe covered a lot of bases .
And likewise, I feel compelled to agree with Native Spirit in as much as I feel that your spirituality is being developed too.
And of course one does not need to be a sensitive to develop spiritual awareness or awakenings etc, but I feel that when a sensitive also has an awakening then it just elevates things even more.
But whether a sensitive, a spiritually awakened or both I believe we never stop developing .
I know I don't.
But the part of your message that almost reduced me to tears was ... Could you develop this to prevent things from happening.
I found that very moving.
Of course we would all like to feel we can prevent sad things from happening , but it just does not work like that. I only wish it did.

Last edited by AngelBlue : 18-11-2023 at 09:23 AM.
Old 18-11-2023, 10:53 AM
Master
When you begin to open up to receiving intuitive things you tend to pick up everything in the beginning. It's like opening a door and everything comes flooding in, including things that are disturbing or not of any use to you.
It means you will have to learn to filter. The door doesn't have to be wide open for everything, you'd want to pick up things that are of use to you.

Once I realised this, I began with asking myself each and every time it happened, "Is this mine?" or "Do I need to do something with this?"
Your inner teacher & guidance will know the answer, it'll come to you.
I learnt the 9 out of 10 times the answer was "no!"
Go figure, most of what I picked up and sensed was not anything meant for me or not meant for me to do something with!!

As soon as I had my "no!" I let it go. You also have to learn to accept that you don't have to -and shouldn't!- do anything with it when your inner guidance tells you not to.
Otherwise you go against your own intuition which won't help developing it.

That's another very important step:
listening to your intuition. You can begin to ask your intuition throughout the day what to do. Even with insignificant things. The aim is to train your intuition AND most importantly, to heed it's information.
So simple things like, "Do I turn right/left/go straight on" in traffic, "Should I eat potatoes or rice tonight?" and "Do I go to this gathering/party?", and so on and so forth.
The value of this is that if you get used to doing this with things that aren't really very important -not life or death- your intuition will get very good and clear and will serve you when it does matter.

By doing that you will train your intuition to filter. For me it went quite fast and I stopped picking up 'noise' -aka things that are not for me- altogether.
Can't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't a matter of months.

This is developing your sensitivity further. It means learning to filter and focus on what matters to you, what is important to you and your path.
Trying to work through all the noise that you pick up without that is not helpful and not developing further, it'll only take longer or hold you back completely.
The stage you're in and are describing is quite normal and what most/all go through when they 'wake up'.
Old 18-02-2024, 10:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello Sacred, I agree with what everyone said. Probably this sensibility is something a person can develop and I will say more, it is something that a person might inherit from parents.
My father was born with this sensibility, for all my life he kept saying “I have powers” and “I can see future”. While growing up, I didn’t care much about what he was saying, but with time I couldn’t deny that there is effectively something.
What I tried out was to be truthful with myself. What I mean is that if the sensations you feel are true and intense , those will be easily understandable by you, so that you can read easily what you are looking for.
For example in a AB experiment, I told myself that if a thing happened I would feel in a certain way (happy for example), while for the other I would feel in another (sad for example).
Then I proceeded to feel the sensation of determination of the choice I was gonna take, and then thinking about my future feelings of the choice I was destined/determined to take.
After that you evoke both emotions, one at a time and at the end your sensitivity/intuition will tell you which happiness or sadness is the most sincere/truthful emotion to you.
The negative part about this is that you put yourself in a stressful situation: to train myself, even after I didn’t guessed correctly, I had to feel the happiness or sadness, exactly how I told myself I had to be after a certain outcome. In theory all of this in order to calibrate myself.

Evoking any kind of intense sensations is not easy task, requires and consumes a lot of energies and concentration.

It is probably possible to “see the future”, but to save everyone is another thing. Maybe our dynasty can reach that possibility.

Stay safe everyone!
Old 20-02-2024, 10:55 PM
Experiencer

I feel like the spiritual side during those times tries to forewarn you with the feeling, before you recieve that information. As a way of connecting you to why you feel that way.. before you find those things out.

I'm sensitive aswell.. have had a similar feeling before something bad happened in a past situation. I took the feeling as a forewarning before it occured. I don't feel we can prevent those type of things before they occur.. if they're linked to other's that aren't conscious of the forwarning feeling.

If it's something that you wish you could prevent from similar events from repeating in different situations. Like why get that feeling if you can't try to prevent it? It makes it feel tricky on what you can do.. to feel like you are helping bring awareness to help those kind of siuations.
Old 27-03-2024, 10:06 PM
Pathfinder

It is very sweet of you to want to prevent the bad thing that you sense is going to happen.

Clearly you have a gift and the universe is nudging you to cultivate it.

I also know that it is not a pleasant feeling to be able to sense the bad things that are going to happen, but I guess that is life...

I have something similar and I can say that it is a curse and a valuable gift at the same time. I no longer consider it a nuisance... I have accepted me as part of my self and am trying to cultivate it.

For the majority of things that you said were going to go wrong and went, I do not believe you could have prevented them somehow. The death of your estranged father, who was too far away from you, was somehow inevitable.

The pizza incident also could not have been prevented because you could not tell where that feeling of dread was coming from.

The incident with your brother, was also unknown to you. The sense that sth was going to happen did not give any indication as to the person that was going to get hurt.

What I think you need, is a way to enhance your gift to be able to recognize the potential "candidate" so to speak.

If you want to gain some control of it, I would start with the following simple steps:
1. first of all, accept it as a gift and don't let it get to you emotionally. See it as a way to grow spiritually and train yourself. It is as if you suddenly found out that you can do the splits for instance... wouldn't you like to train in order to dance beautifully having already the capacity to stretch your body?
2. ask a spiritual person, on how to enhance your gift
3. try short sessions of meditation and address your spiritual guides and ancestors for guidance.

I am doing no. 1 and 3 at the moment slowly since I haven't found a mentor that I can trust yet... I hope you find the way to enhance your gift!!

Love and light!!
Crysta