Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-03-2024, 08:46 PM
Administrator
My eldest suffered with Amnesia he was in a car Accident which nearly killed him
When i asked him if he knew where he was he said no he thought he was in a Military camp, he was in hospital.
I asked him a few more questions he couldn't even remember his name
He had a brain injury after three weeks of being in hospital he started to remember things.
The doctors said the Amnesia is the brains way of Healing

Namaste
Old 02-03-2024, 09:26 PM
Master
Years ago, I was in a car accident.

As a result of that, every once in a while, I would "black out" and when I came back, everything 'was new'.

When I 'came back', most of the time I would not even know who I was. Somethings would 'come back' eventually but something had to be relearned.

When it happened....... everything became black.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-03-2024, 03:15 AM
Master
Under the umbrella that this life has some specific value (as opposed to is just an experience):
Speaking from someone who has lots of awareness of other lives, it is very hard to stay with living this life if you are aware of others. In the moment it is much easier to do what 'worked before' than to do something 'more appropriate' for the current situation.

Back when the New Age movement was strong, I saw so many people learn about their past lives only to blame their current problems on those past experiences. This blocked them from solving their current problems. Yes, some times the root of their current issues are from past lives, but that does not change the fact that they need to resolved them now.
Old 03-03-2024, 03:57 AM
Master
People might not remember their past lives because they might not be ready to remember.

Even the expression, past lives, might be a misnomer. What would it be called if we have lives in the past, other lives in the present and multiple lives in the future?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:48 AM
Master

Now here's a thought , and it's quite deep for me ( and quite intelligent if I may be so bold !!)...

Thinking about it logically this thought may well be something to consider.
At the moment, because of my illness , I suffer bouts of short term memory loss. These are becoming more and more frequent as time goes on.
This is all to do with low oxygen levels to my brain.

So , when we pass away there is no oxygen any more.
We do not need oxygen in the afterlife .
So maybe, when we are born again it may have been many years since we "experienced" Oxygen and that is why we have the "amnesia" of any life before.

So, a bit like me , we can then experience little "flashes" of the yesteryear of a past life ( or in my case what I did a few hours ago !!..)
Old 03-03-2024, 07:41 AM
Master
When I have had out-of-body experiences there was so much knowledge which came with those experiences, and it was such profound wisdom, but when I returned to my physical body my brain could not contain what I had acquired beyond this physical realm.

Lots of people have a hard time remembering what they did a month ago, and here on Earth lots of people lose their memory altogether; Alzheimer’s and dementia, can leave a person where they do not even remember their own spouse or children. Human memory is fragile, but it is one of our main tools to establish continuity of existence.

The spiritual realm and the physical realm are two different dimensions with different functional laws. Knowledge from the spiritual realm is often translated into whatever the brain can handle in this physical state; which is not much. Human memory is just not setup to accommodate the spiritual realm, although lots of people do have flashes and strong feelings about previous lives they have lived.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:45 AM
Master
Thanks for all the replies. I can see the value in not knowing a past life.
Old 03-03-2024, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The spiritual realm and the physical realm are two different dimensions with different functional laws. Knowledge from the spiritual realm is often translated into whatever the brain can handle in this physical state; which is not much. Human memory is just not setup to accommodate the spiritual realm, although lots of people do have flashes and strong feelings about previous lives they have lived.

So it follows we mostly just muddle along in ignorance. We think of the memories and people we like/love now, but if we reincarnate we had others before, and we've forgotten them. Don't you think that's kinda sad? It's like eventually forgetting everything good in this life now. Or maybe it just doesn't matter in case we don't know..
Old 03-03-2024, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
When I 'came back', most of the time I would not even know who I was. Somethings would 'come back' eventually but something had to be relearned.

When it happened....... everything became black.

How's it now? You have recovered from it?
Old 03-03-2024, 11:09 AM
Guide

There are young children who remember 'past' lives, in great detail.
I think it's something interesting to explore..