Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-03-2024, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Something else to note: there is very little discussion as to why there are two, separate creation accounts from two diverse entities.

Two different authors, simple.
The two accounts reflect the unique way each author
conceptualizes the deity, no two people see things exactly the same...
Old 01-03-2024, 04:33 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Something else to note: there is very little discussion as to why there are two, separate creation accounts from two diverse entities.

IMO……because God is spirit and they were created in the image and likeness of God they were created as being spiritual sans physical body…..the second creation using dust denotes creation with a physical body….to me it is not two conflicting stories but rather the necessary extension of the complete creation story……
Old 01-03-2024, 04:42 PM
Master
If you look at the first creation account....... only the transliterated word Elohim is used.

When you use the word God, are you referring to the God mentioned in the first creation account?

As I have mentioned, I claim that the Hebrew word got mistranslated as God. In Greek, there never was nor is an equivalent word for that Hebrew word.

The expression that should have been used is Elohim, pronounced the same way the Jews pronounced that deity.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-03-2024, 04:46 PM
Master
In the second creation account: that deity should have also been transliterated instead of being translated in to a word that is not a correct translation.

I would think people would be appalled how poorly these words were translated.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-03-2024, 05:38 PM
Molearner

I would suggest that not trusting any translation prevents anyone from interpreting Scripture…..if the first step always remains uncertain the second step will never happen……it is better to bypass scripture and connect directly to God on the spiritual level IMO………
Old 01-03-2024, 05:57 PM
Master
Many people do just that.......

So, who has the right version, assuming that it has been revealed to them 'correctly'?

Old 01-03-2024, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Two different authors, simple.
The two accounts reflect the unique way each author
conceptualizes the deity, no two people see things exactly the same...

That is basically how I look at it.

One person or group gave their opinion on creation and then the other group or person provided their opinion on creation.

To me, seeking opinions became clearer in the Talmud which. according to many in authority, was written after the main books of the Old Testament were compiled.

When you look at 'creation' from this point: it no longer is an issue.

Old 14-04-2024, 07:43 AM
Master

I think it's pretty amazing how few details are given in the biblical account of creation. Like say God is going to create a lizard. How does God do that? Imagines it out of nothing? But then also imagines it's DNA? I just saw this on the internet, humans share 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees, but incredibly, we also share 70% with slugs and 50% with bananas.

If God was going to create a banana tree and the banana's on it, did he decide to give banana's 50% of our DNA and why not 0% or 51% etc. Intelligent living things are like biological machines with electrical systems, ways to convert food to energy etc. So a God would have had to designed the machine somehow and not just imagines the complete work. So God could not say, make a lizard..poof... God would have had to design the way all the organs work together etc. and designed the diet, the food, and the means and drives required for the living thing to get that food. Also designed the way the plants that make the food stay alive and function as well.

How are squirrel's able to eat poisonous acorns? Maybe why squirrels bury the acorns in a tree hollow. They are waiting for rainwater to wash the tannic acid out. The poison in acorns has to either be soaked or boiled out of them for humans. Why did God give squirrel's a poisonous food source? But then a lot of our food has poisons in it as well. Bitter almonds grown in the wild, nutmeg, apple seeds etc... some beans. Why add the poisons parts during creation of such things?
Old 14-04-2024, 09:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I think it's pretty amazing how few details are given in the biblical account of creation.

I find it even more amazing that some take the account literally...
But to each their own....
Old 14-04-2024, 02:27 PM
Master
....... and how many people look at the two creation accounts as some of the first attempts to answer the question as to how we got here?

Other words, put in their proper perspective....... they are theories.