Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
And you never even mentioned Stalin or Hitler. Your references, just like Scripture side with your own personal agenda. Taken in context, however, the atrocities of the Catholics and the twenty some witches hunted down pale in comparison.
Why should I have? I don't much care for those blokes either. If i wanted to make a complete list id have to include many, many more. Just because christianity isnt as bad as some other things doesnt change anything. Back when christianity first started forming there were literally hundreds of different kinds of christian churches and spinoffs, when catholism gained acceptance at the state level they killed off and oppressed any other viewpoint and for more than a thousand years if you were a christian you had to be a catholic.

You know even jesus said it best. "you know a tree by the fruit it bears". I grew up in a christian family, and i have to ask, do you really think god smiles upon you when your contort your face grotesquely and spit on your brothers just because they started questioning some things? To shun and disown even your own family members over a difference of opinion?

Ill say this much, if new agers start running around killing people/committing horrible crimes/hurting people/shunning etc ill condemn it too. Like it or not though were all stuck on this rock together and we have to live with each other, for better or worse.
Old 13-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
1) Wrong, point out a new age idea that is inconsistent as an example and we can go from there.
Let's try this. "I am God"
Old 13-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Let's try this. "I am God"
Right, everything is. Trees, rocks, light, sound, color, rhodium, everything that exists. Where is the inconsistency in that?
Old 13-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Rin

Quote:
Right, everything is. Trees, rocks, light, sound, color, rhodium, everything that exists. Where is the inconsistency in that?
I didn't write "I am god" a little something with some what may look like magical powers. I wrote "I am God", the big and real thing, all knowing, all powerful.
Is a tree or a rock that? Are you that?
Old 13-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
I didn't write "I am god" a little something with some what may look like magical powers. I wrote "I am God", the big and real thing, all knowing, all powerful.
Is a tree or a rock that? Are you that?
No, that defies the definition of noun. Also "that" to which your referring isn't a person either but a force of nature that exists in, through, and beyond all things.

Last edited by Riboflavin : 13-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 14-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Rin

Quote:
No, that defies the definition of noun. Also "that" to which your referring isn't a person either but a force of nature that exists in, through, and beyond all things.
I think that doesn't really make any sense. God and all gods I know of are personalized entities. If they are a force of nature why not let it be a force of nature, why make it into a God or god?
My answer, because you want it to be more than just a force of nature, you want it to be an intelligent force of nature. Or caring, loving, destructive, devilish, etc.
It is the deification of this force which personalizes it and makes it more than just its basic constituents.

Once we are done with god, capitalized or not, we shall deconstruct the "I".
Old 14-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Master
You know, here we are in two thousand and twelve, with Christmas approaching in the same month which various prophecies and science pertains to.
I wonder if people can transcend their ego enough to come together with like minds and hearts. If only on the forum.

With which shoulder shall we focus our attention? The one with ego and the devil on it, or, the one with the angel, and Love?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
I think that doesn't really make any sense. God and all gods I know of are personalized entities. If they are a force of nature why not let it be a force of nature, why make it into a God or god?
My answer, because you want it to be more than just a force of nature, you want it to be an intelligent force of nature. Or caring, loving, destructive, devilish, etc.
It is the deification of this force which personalizes it and makes it more than just its basic constituents.

Once we are done with god, capitalized or not, we shall deconstruct the "I".
I dont understand why you think god is a personalized entity? Alright then, ill humor you. Its not god. Its an intelligent creative force that both exists beyond and is the existence it creates. All things that exist are it and made from it, it has no beginning or end. It is the nature all natures come from. What else should i be calling it? When i say intelligent, i mean intelligent in activity not necessarily conscious.

As for personalizing that force. Different people have different ideas about it. Personally, i do believe that force is "loving", but i believe that love manifests itself as gravity. It is the force that holds all things together in all ways. If humans had love, we would all be bound together as one, except that we do have it and we are bound together were just too stupid/blind to know it/see it.
Old 15-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Master
Well, for one, if love is gravity, how is it that there have been reports of people levitating when in Bliss and Love?

Of course God is conscious,and, Consciousness, both.
"In Whom we live and move and have our being."
St. Paul quoted that from a Greek pagan poet.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 15-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well, for one, if love is gravity, how is it that there have been reports of people levitatig when in Bliss and Love?

Of course God is conscious,and, Consciousness, both.
"In Whom we live and move and have our being."
St. Paul quoted that from a Greek pagan poet.
There may be reports of people levitating, but when it comes to prof, well do i need to say anymore lol.