Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 21-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Suspended
Knower
Is this what unconditional love is?

I noticed something..And I'm curious why I feel this way.

So here it goes..
I love someone very deeply. Maybe sometimes passionately. More than that though its just pure love... Without needing sex, without needing to know if my love is returned, without fear.. When I talk to this person.. And I speak from my heart, it feels different than how it felt in my younger years.. When I show love to this person, I feel valuable, taken care of, peaceful..It really takes me out of the normal negativity I feel and into a space where I feel nothing but peace. No fear at all. And the difference is, there's no fear now, at least with them.. I wonder if ts just with this person or if something inside me is changing. Like maybe I'm healing my heart. (My heart was pretty wrecked for a while)

It could be both unconditional love and my heart healing.. But I want to get some opinions.

If its okay. :)
Old 21-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Master
Hi higherpower,

It sounds like you are in a wonderful space and that in itself is profound :)

Unconditional love, as I understand it, means loving ANYBODY ANYTIME in the way you described... and the real test of love, as my teacher says, is to love those who challenge you. It is to see the Divine in each and every person and thing and to love the Divine with all your heart and soul.

This is the essence of the Golden Rule found in every noble religion - love your neighbour as your own Self
Old 21-10-2015, 06:14 PM
Master
Yes it is definitely pure Love =) it's beautiful !

In this case the person helped you to find the inner Love you already have inside of you, your task now is to feel that incredible Love for yourself anywhere anyplace whenever wherever, when you reach that you will feel the same Love for all living creatures =)

Love is indeed a great path =)

Blessings !
Old 22-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherpower
I noticed something..And I'm curious why I feel this way.

So here it goes..
I love someone very deeply. Maybe sometimes passionately. More than that though its just pure love... Without needing sex, without needing to know if my love is returned, without fear.. When I talk to this person.. And I speak from my heart, it feels different than how it felt in my younger years.. When I show love to this person, I feel valuable, taken care of, peaceful..It really takes me out of the normal negativity I feel and into a space where I feel nothing but peace. No fear at all. And the difference is, there's no fear now, at least with them.. I wonder if ts just with this person or if something inside me is changing. Like maybe I'm healing my heart. (My heart was pretty wrecked for a while)

It could be both unconditional love and my heart healing.. But I want to get some opinions.

If its okay. :)

Unconditional love is to love everyone. Even to the person who is indifferent to you and who doesn ´t return you your affection and support. Even to the person who has character total different from your and who you know from his darker side.
Old 22-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Suspended
Knower
Thanks everyone. I didn't know lol. Interesting.
Old 24-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Knower

Radical acceptance is the essence of unconditional love. It creates so much safety that the "lovee" can truly be him or herself. To radically accept someone means: I know of your flaws, failures, weaknesses, and short-comings. I still love you no matter what.
I don't think it is neccessary to love everyone in the world. You can start it in small portions, one person only. And guaranteed you will become more and more accepting to others.
Old 24-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Master

For me, it sounds LOVE. Pure love, yes.
You are trusting yourself enough to show all parts of yourself to that other person.
Self-trust, self-acceptance, self-love.
You feel loved and accepted around this person, is he/she a reflection of you? Indeed she/he is. Its a soul sharing. Deepest kind of intimacy.