Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Master

Rebound relationships

Your experiences?!

Old 09-10-2015, 04:33 AM
Ascender

From my understanding, rebound relationships is the cowardly way for you to move on. Its like putting a bandage over a gunshot wound. It looks good at first but eventually things goes south pretty quickly from baggage of past relationship.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:44 AM
life.love.regret.

I suspect I was a rebound for someone. I don't think she knew it at the time so I don't feel used or have any anger about it. I think anybody who purposefully uses someone as a rebound for their own personal "healing" is a special kind of messed up.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:50 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by life.love.regret.
I suspect I was a rebound for someone. I don't think she knew it at the time so I don't feel used or have any anger about it. I think anybody who purposefully uses someone as a rebound for their own personal "healing" is a special kind of messed up.

Its really not their fault though. They are just trying to find a way to escape or heal from the emotional pain. Most of the time, people who are in rebound relationships don't even realize its rebound because they've convinced themselves that the relationship is the 'right' one.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:13 AM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molattee
Its really not their fault though. They are just trying to find a way to escape or heal from the emotional pain. Most of the time, people who are in rebound relationships don't even realize its rebound because they've convinced themselves that the relationship is the 'right' one.

Yeah, I believe that. I was just talking about anybody who knowingly used someone in this way. In that case, it would be their fault.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Lorelyen

Are you asking because you're involved in one, or likely to be?
Old 11-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Knower
As Molattee said, I doubt that anyone sets out to knowingly use somebody that way. They are escaping the pain of break up and nothing works so well as plunging headlong into a new and exciting love situation.
Old 22-10-2015, 03:11 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Would you still consider it a rebound if other factors in life caused the relationship to struggle and go south? Say a loss of a job happened and then a sick parent?
Old 22-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Master
If the person knows that he or she is contacting another person as a rebound relationship, I think he or she should explain immediately to the other person the situation, because he or she could fall in Love, and imagine all the pain and suffering that it would cause.

We should always be honest with ourselves and with the other persons.
Old 27-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Master

Yeah, I have experienced twice and later discovered it... you take the love what you have that ONE person and then you channel it to another...its not fair, you might say...but I have always been honest with these guys..I have always talked about my past...sometimes all what you need is to keep moving....