Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 23-07-2012, 03:21 AM
sesheta

Familiars

Anyone else have an animal familiar?
Mine is one of my cats. He and I have had an incredibly strong bond since the first day he arrived on my doorstep. I can feel/"hear" him in my mind quite often, and he seems to understand me on a telepathic level. When I cast a circle and do a spell, etc he always has to be in the room, but always outside the circle - he seems to "stand guard" while I am doing my work (or maybe he thinks he's actually supervising, lolol!)
I would love to hear others' stories about their familiars.....
Old 23-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Quintessence

How do you define the term "familiar," Sesheta? It means different things to different people, so I thought I would ask. =)
Old 23-07-2012, 05:29 PM
sesheta

To Quintessence

Fair question
I love this explanation, which comes from the site:
http://witcheslore.com/bookofshadows...amiliars/2491/

The familiar, whether astral or physical, can help to enhance the witch’s power, they are healers and guardians who can warn the witch of danger, or in the extreme defend the witch. Witches understand their spirituality to a greater degree by connecting with their familiar, the familiar brings strength, love, kindness, understanding and beauty into the witch’s life and is an utterly loyal companion
Familiars are given psychic protection by their witches, they are sensitive to psychic vibrations and power, and they also visibly react in the presence of any evil or negative energy.

- My familiar sleeps with me every night; and it is rare for him to be out of the room I am in. We communicate with each other on a psychic level, and I can "hear" him in my mind just as clearly as I can hear a person speak to me!
I do not have this connection with any of my other cats - just him, and that bond has been there from the beginning - it feels like he was literally brought or drawn to me....
Old 24-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Occultist

My Familiar walks my circle with me and sits in the middle when we have created it. Sometimes she goes out into the garden and will actually grab some grass or a flower and place it on "Our" alter.
Old 24-07-2012, 04:14 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

My Kitty--Midnight. She is a beautiful Solid Black.

We have such a close bond that we have entire conversations w/ each other and she literally calls me Mama.

The most endearing things about Her are in the way she always has to be near me when I am divining and doing my research in order to complete a divination--how she has to be with me when I am "In the Zone" and painting--how she actually does Yoga with me--and how she cares for me when I am sick. However--the thing I love the most is how she will lie beside me and take my hand in her paw--when we watch tv. together.

I have had many amazing Furbabies in my life--but none as close as we.

Peace and Love on your path to the unconditional love of your Familiar...

Blessed be...
Old 24-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Nebulous

I'm starting to think my dog might be growing into a familiar. He's still a puppy (a teenage dog I guess? lol) and hasn't been with us very long - but has already formed a strong attachment to me with a lot of attentive empathy to me in particular. He's alerted me several times to things going on and helps calm and balance my energy when it becomes too erratic (focusing my energy is like trying to focus a wild lightning storm, it's difficult sometimes...sometimes it 'sparks' a lot or starts to become too chaotic). Many times already he has looked at me with those pretty golden eyes and connected telepathically. I'm really surprised!

Occultist, that is so amazing! sesheta, too! You guys are so lucky. Made me smile to read about your familiars!
Old 25-07-2012, 05:32 AM
sesheta

Yes, I consider myself very blessed to have my familiar :)
Old 28-12-2012, 03:52 AM
nitrosfamiliar

My familiar is not what you would think ,..she is my Horse a Mare ,she choose me years ago, its strange but i know what she needs or if she is upset ,just as much as she knows i am in the same , its almost like we whisper to each other, she is very protective of me especially towards negative people,Nitro Is my friend and my protector, she also gives me strength , wisdom,and compassion.
Old 28-12-2012, 07:22 PM
sesheta

To nitrosfamiliar

I don't think it's strange at all to have a horse as a familiar! An animal familiar can be anything from a cat/dog, to a horse, a snake, a spider...whatever!
I love horses as well. I've only had a chance to go horseback riding a few times, but I love it (I guess maybe the horse is always a kindred spirit for a Sagittarius, lolo!)
Old 28-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have a Crow.

No matter where I go with the camera there is always one that comes into view.