Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Ipek

Smile Never been able to get an answer for this question

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum and I hope u forgive me if this topic has already been discussed here.

I have been really having hard time understanding why god let so many innocent people suffer. I really believe in god because of so many beautiful things in life and nature. I totally believe he designed it. But can not understand why do we need to exist? and why small, innocent children have to suffer from painful illnesses such as cancer or etc. How come even I can not stand the pain they are going through, god could let this to happen and watch those children go through such unbearable pain. As I can not find an answer to this question, I am going into depression cause my belief in god is fading. I search for an answer to this question in all types of spiritual books, etc. I can not find an answer, I hope someone here will give me a satisfactory answer.

Thanks for your helps,
Old 17-12-2011, 09:20 AM
jiskabe

I can't answer your question unfortunately, but I've often wondered the same :(.
Old 17-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Deactivated Account

I think you are under the assumption that he is of a form were he CAN do anything. Maybe all he can do is sit and watch? Maybe he can even do that. Is it even a he?

Besides, saying that question I believe is just a way of elevating ourselves of responsibility. WE (as a race) did and cause this suffering. We should not have a scapegoat in any form to point fingers at and say 'why did you let this happen?'

Do not lose your faith. Instead try to understand him, not how people tell you to see him, but look for yourself.

There are many different ideas of what and who God is. Some say he doesnt exist. Some say we are God, some say God is an energy. Its up to you to look and find your own truth.
Old 17-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipek
Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum and I hope u forgive me if this topic has already been discussed here.

I have been really having hard time understanding why god let so many innocent people suffer. I really believe in god because of so many beautiful things in life and nature. I totally believe he designed it. But can not understand why do we need to exist? and why small, innocent children have to suffer from painful illnesses such as cancer or etc. How come even I can not stand the pain they are going through, god could let this to happen and watch those children go through such unbearable pain. As I can not find an answer to this question, I am going into depression cause my belief in god is fading. I search for an answer to this question in all types of spiritual books, etc. I can not find an answer, I hope someone here will give me a satisfactory answer.

Thanks for your helps,

Hi Ipek .

God or what we are cannot judge what Is just .

Only what we are In Individual form within mind can make an assumption of such .

All that happens within this mindful universe will be because of something .

x dazzle x
Old 17-12-2011, 10:31 AM
silent whisper

Some apsects of life are sometimes unexplainable. Suffering is one aspect that is hard to understand and accept. The key in this space is that those of us who have been given the gift of a quality of life, can bring to those in suffering all that we can to support them in their journey and help them with the gifts we have within. Giving up on your own life in this space of not understanding god and the suffering in this world is not living your life to the full potential it can be. We can sit back and struggle with the understanding and acceptance..or we can simply accept, we are here and their is life to be lived. If we can live that life fully, we can do much good for many others who cannot live their life fully. Life is about acceptance, in the good and the bad until we can do that, we cannot live our life fully and see both sides of life and contribute where we can..Their is so much joy in the world and so much love.....sometimes we forget in the face of suffering and so much pain in the world that both sides exist...and when we forget about love and joy those in suffering miss out on the gift that will help them perhaps heal or face their journey with hope and love in their hearts.
Old 17-12-2011, 11:38 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Regardless of how you attribute the actuality, humanity has the tools and the freewill to end needless suffering, cure most diseases, and improve the human condition for all people.. it is not the fault of anything other than the misuse of natural attributes inherent to human existence.. the misuse and abuse of this planet's natural resources, including the collective human consciousness, is the source of suffering..

Be well..
Old 17-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Experiencer
Ipek, you sound like a compassionate and empathetic person and I certainly understand your feelings regarding this.

So let me ask you a question. Let's say you were in your spiritual form and contemplating incarnating here into a human body. You consider a living a life that will give others the opportunity to refine and understand their own beliefs and feelings regarding compassion and serving/helping others. One option to do this would be to experience a painful and short life which will allow other souls here to examine themselves and decide what is truly important in life.

Would you do it?

I would.

Love and Light
Old 17-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Shabby

In a world of opposites you will have pleasure and pain. Jesus said he was in the world yet not of it. When we "know thy self" we too will be in it yet not of it....but until then.....we are that pleasure and we are that pain.
Old 17-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipek
Dear Friends,

Thanks for your helps,

It would be impossible to understand if God is seen as a Being instead of Be-ness.

Who would you blame for breaking your leg because you were not careful when climbing a mountain, for example?

Who would you blame for hurting another person by calling them names?

Our every thought and our every action create certain results and they work like boomerangs: they come back to you (what goes around comes around) whether now or in future lives.
If we are wise, we learn from them.

The most important lesson, personally, is the realization that I am responsible. Funny as it may sound: to know that is liberating because your future is in your own hands and you do not need to look for people or God to blame.
Old 17-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Master
hmm well, pain is an important part of the body's survival mechanism. pain lets us know when something is wrong.

i don't hold myself or anyOne else responsible for the pain that naturally occurs during illness or the dying process. i don't see pain and death as the result of some "fall from grace" or mistakes made by mythical ancestors. i don't view "God" as a personage who "sits and watches" our suffering nor do i take the pain that happens in the physical personally.