Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Suspended

At work

Any thoughts on...reconciling an open heart, friendliness at work and being faced with agenda, a closed heart or being seen as 'weak' because of aforementioned openness and friendliness?
Old 25-09-2016, 12:30 AM
Master
It is better to see yourself clearly than to be concerned about how others see you. Keep your heart open and protect that open-ness; it is very important to protect your spiritual experience because when you open your heart that open-ness will attract all sorts of people, but if you are truly bathing in the presence of your deeper being, that deeper being will protect you; at least that is my experience.

I am not “trying” to be friendly rather I am trying to stay wrapped in the loving presence of my own essential nature; which is unconditional love; from there proceed for if we think we “should” be friendly than we will come up with all sorts of concepts and conditions about what it means to be friendly, or open, etc.

Surrender to your deeper being an allow that presence to overflow and pour out of you. It takes practice to live in this world but not be of this world as there are some who are committed to one-ups-men-ship or just plain old hurtfulness. But if you are in the womb of your inner light things, like hurtfulness, will just pass through you and not effect you.

When I was in the work-a-day world I’d go someplace on my lunch break and meditate, and if I am given breaks other than for lunch I’d go into the bathroom, sit in a stall, and meditate for 10-minutes or so. I do not expect for people to treat me a certain way but I do expect for me to treat myself a certain way. What people say about me says more about them than it does me. This physical world is a practice field for the journey beyond; in my opinion human life is as training for our continuing journey. Everything is useful towards that ascension.
Old 25-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Suspended

That is very helpful, Starman, thanks for writing it. I'm actually very friendly, honest and open by nature i.e. I'd have to control that as that is my most natural self but yes I am faced with and recognize human behaviors of others with untruth, deceit, agenda and in some cases nastiness. Thank you, I'll see if I can do this, I think it might be work for me and I've always wanted to 'stay natural'. Thanks..
Old 25-09-2016, 12:41 AM
Ascender

Besides all sorts of methods I imagine you can figure for temporary relief or a structure of established harmony.. but the depth at which it sounds like you want it solved, that the only matter of dealing with it is to remain the way that you are being, and if you are lucky they will do the one thing that is necessary to truly solve such things is for them to not only decide, but want to open their heart to you.

If it were easier than that, I doubt spirituality would be seen as a separate manner.
Old 25-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Master
The work on ourselves, or lack thereof, is what we give to others; the work on ourselves can make us stronger and more resilient; it is as a labor of love. I am a process in progress and believe that if a person is on this Earth then there is work for them to do on themselves. Planet Earth in my opinion is a planet of awakening and frequently we do experience growing pains.
Old 25-09-2016, 01:19 AM
Suspended

I know how you feel OP, but my sad news is you really can't bond with many people at work. Many of those people were on medication themselves which prevented them from bonding, many of them were on it because they couldn't bond--psychopaths as they say.

I know myself. When I was alive I saw a CBT therapist for three months who was teaching me the art of the work place. In the end he went to a work place himself and admitted to me, "these people are homicidal and insane." I wrote a book called, "The Partridge," on it. I don't know if you can still find it online. I recommend retail where people are normal.

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but think about it; you just can't enter numbers in a computer with no personal gain and be sane. I'm sorry, I love you and I know you are coming to us for help.
Old 25-09-2016, 05:23 AM
Master
Having a sense of humor sure helps.
Old 25-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Guide

I am doing my best to build friendly and close relationships with people at my work. However, some people have their own boundaries....