Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Knower

It is MUCH better to have a silent mind. Its incomparable. Internal dialogue is like having a ball and chain attached to your mind. These voices aren't there 24/7, they vary in frequency, today I'm barely hearing them at all whereas when I made this thread I was hearing them constantly. My mind went silent during a psychotic episode where voices in my head were targeting my inner speech so I was forced to switch it off as a defense mechanism. That goes to show that you can stop the internal dialogue at will. Nowadays I'll occasionally start talking in my head but its so irritating that I just switch it back off by focusing on the silence between the words and thinking with images instead of words.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
Sounds like you're pretty experienced with this. Can you elaborate a bit on those tricks for dealing with it?

I suspect it's really going to vary by the person as we each have to find the thing that works best for us.
Shielding is a big one many empathy use, I sort of like how you a re doing the 'focusing onto he space between the words' that actually seems like a potentially advanced technique as it doesn't require energy at all like shield building.
You might want to check out your local crystal store though there's numerous stone which kept in a pocket or worn as a necklace will also help keep out other peoples inner dialog.
You can always ask that the ability be removed or altered so that it doesn't bug you so much. I wouldn't myself, as I'm trying very hard to not say No to anything :)
Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

if you are hearing voices then you should probably go and see a doctor. and you say that its much better to have a silent mind?...nobody has a silent mind and its not possible..the mind is the mind and it will not be silenced...you can learn to 'roll' with thoughts and to understand them. and by doing so it would then appear that the mind is quietened...but in reality, the thoughts are still happening at different degrees, only you don't notice them as much because you are on a different level with the understanding of them etc...

but there is a difference between thoughts and voices...everyone has thoughts, but voices is a different thing all together...and you would be best getting checked out by people that would be in a better situation to help you rather than take spiritual advice on here, or anywhere..

I hope you get it sorted out.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Master
I used to have this problem myself but for me it was only when I got stressed which was usually about involving myself with the problematic nature of the world so it was if I'd lowered myself down into others sense of what affected them. Crystal Song is right on the mark here as in the antenna and it then comes down to us realising our tuning; wide band and picking up others as we become stressed and narrowing the band and raising ourselves at the same time.

How to do this? I don't know how I did it but it all seems to revolve around us just knowing ourselves as ourselves and that's discovery which can become filled out with hindsight but at the same time the intuitive plays such a big part it's very difficult to rationalise and it can be tricky to make perceptions fit logical means.

I recently found something in a video which I'm kinda working on and it's a Tibetan word which describes somehow the subtleties between intent and wishing and I mention this because I've found, in quieting my own mind, that intent tends to be somewhat of a steamroller linked as it is to the intellect so an idea that I can wish towards things, say even stilling the mind, feel less stringent and more about suspending the desire as in creating a directive but being much more open to how the directive directs itself.

And also it seems to be about subtleties resting upon subtleties, this us undergoing the practise of lightening ourselves, and so we find our own language of the sense of it within and of ourselves as a brute rationality just falls away... so these occurrences, voices etc, are less about the voices. and more about the lessons of understanding our own internality in attuning towards higher more refined aspects of whatever it is that's finer.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:46 AM
Experiencer

I battle the same problem, FrogWarrior. Doing things which make you feel happy and are comforting to you can help decrease the voices. If you read a lot, taking a break from it is helpful, I've found, because it gives the brain a bit of a rest. When meditating, don't use a mantra or any sort of forceful technique; just sit and don't use your brain at all. Let all of the words and thoughts filter out of you. When I had a Kundalini awakening, in the beginning it was so brutal, I could actually hear in-depth descriptions of things that I looked at. When a person hears voices in their brain, it's quite often audible labeling of their external environment, as well as audible labeling of their internal feelings and functions. Everything is amplified and it can be incredibly frustrating. You have to do what you can to decrease whatever stress and negativity you have in your life, and you have to let your thoughts filter out. It's a daily practice. And doctors are useless with this type of thing.
Old 13-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Knower

bhoyay7: silent mind = no internal dialogue as in no inner speech. Yes, it is possible to have a silent mind. I recommend learning a bit about allopathic medicine before recommending treatments to people. Do you even know how auditory hallucinations are "treated" in mainstream medicine?

bird*: I'm very interested in this kundalini awakening thing, was it a long and difficult process to reach the awakening?
Old 13-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
bhoyay7: silent mind = no internal dialogue as in no inner speech. Yes, it is possible to have a silent mind. I recommend learning a bit about allopathic medicine before recommending treatments to people. Do you even know how auditory hallucinations are "treated" in mainstream medicine?

bird*: I'm very interested in this kundalini awakening thing, was it a long and difficult process to reach the awakening?

I recommended seeing a doctor.......the doctor would therefore recommend the appropriate treatment...

I do however, recommend that you read things properly.
Old 13-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

It's a long story but, basically, I have always been a quiet person and a loner and I went through a long period of unemployment, so I had been living like a hermit of sorts for several years. I realize now that I had done what monks do, in order to attain enlightenment, but at the time I had no idea! I was just unemployed, spacing out! But then one night, I started hearing voices and feeling the strangest pressure in my head. For the next 5 months, I had no idea what had happened to me. I ran around the house, thinking people were chasing me. I eventually started realizing that I had not lost my mind; I had undergone a spiritual awakening and I had experienced a spontaneous Kundalini awakening. It's a day-to-day, moment-to-moment process of knowing what to do, as far as handling your emotions and stuff. I've only recently started legit meditating, and it has helped clear my head out quite a bit. Have you tried listening to binaural beats? It helps me sometimes calm down, although, I try to limit myself to listening to them to only a couple of times a week, so I don't get too spacey.

This YouTube channel has a good selection:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ-...5i7v2_gv75r3OA

Also, going to a psychiatrist will not work with a spiritual awakening. Psychiatrists are one-trick ponies and they sincerely mean well, but I think it's better to be your natural self, without pills. Psychiatrists have spent so much time and money being educated (indoctrinated) that they are pretty much incapable of thinking outside the box. Their job is to tell you that there's something wrong with you and get you hooked on pills. There's nothing wrong with you. You have a tremendous gift that the universe has given you and you're discovering how you can use it to your benefit.
Old 13-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird*
It's a long story but, basically, I have always been a quiet person and a loner and I went through a long period of unemployment, so I had been living like a hermit of sorts for several years. I realize now that I had done what monks do, in order to attain enlightenment, but at the time I had no idea! I was just unemployed, spacing out! But then one night, I started hearing voices and feeling the strangest pressure in my head. For the next 5 months, I had no idea what had happened to me. I ran around the house, thinking people were chasing me. I eventually started realizing that I had not lost my mind; I had undergone a spiritual awakening and I had experienced a spontaneous Kundalini awakening. It's a day-to-day, moment-to-moment process of knowing what to do, as far as handling your emotions and stuff. I've only recently started legit meditating, and it has helped clear my head out quite a bit. Have you tried listening to binaural beats? It helps me sometimes calm down, although, I try to limit myself to listening to them to only a couple of times a week, so I don't get too spacey.

This YouTube channel has a good selection:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ-...5i7v2_gv75r3OA

Also, going to a psychiatrist will not work with a spiritual awakening. Psychiatrists are one-trick ponies and they sincerely mean well, but I think it's better to be your natural self, without pills. Psychiatrists have spent so much time and money being educated (indoctrinated) that they are pretty much incapable of thinking outside the box. Their job is to tell you that there's something wrong with you and get you hooked on pills. There's nothing wrong with you. You have a tremendous gift that the universe has given you and you're discovering how you can use it to your benefit.

so you think Schizophrenia is a tremendous gift?
Old 13-05-2015, 08:18 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoyay7
so you think Schizophrenia is a tremendous gift?

Is it not a Doctors job to diagnose a illness ? Not someone on a Forum....