Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-01-2015, 07:16 PM
pljames

Sin is the cause of our pain?

It is said that sin is the cause of our pain? Would that be our innate blessing God gave us to remind us we are not saved? Curious Paul
Old 30-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Deactivated Account

Sin to me is a state of not being in harmony with yourself and when you're not in harmony with yourself then you are fighting yourself, and if you're fighting yourself... well, of course that's going to be painful.
Old 30-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Master

Sin is not doing unto others as you would like being done unto you!

Pain is also our biological cellular reproduction cycle that manifest, producing ever constant change (joy, pain) in the body!
Old 31-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Master
Sin is separation from the Divine. I don't mean in a religious sense, I mean in a spiritual sense, a loss of Divine-connection. When we are not attuned to that influence, or raise our awareness we are living under that which is not "whole". Wholeness was what holiness meant.

Sins in a general sense are attachments and addictions. Whether it is an attachment or an addiction to a way of thinking, doing something, an addiction to a substance, an addiction to a lifestyle, etc. It creates pain, an emotional negative vibe. It becomes stored in our subconscious and we either inflict our pain on others or we transform it.

If you want to stop "sinning" simply review the way you think about life and look at things from another awareness. Have you hurt people by the way you think and do things? Have you treated them properly? If not you may be transmitting pain that you have onto others and you can change your mind by becoming more and more aware about the parts of yourself you don't like. Once we become aware of our entire self we start to flow back into the "Flow" so to speak or as ScarletHayden said- "harmonized". The divine Flow.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljames
It is said that sin is the cause of our pain? Would that be our innate blessing God gave us to remind us we are not saved? Curious Paul

I don't think so Paul. When you say pain, I imagine you're describing emotional pain, not physical pain. This longing to feel connected to God.

What if pain comes from what we have been taught. I know I was taught humans must suffer. On top of this we are given a reason why we must suffer. But what if you we were given the wrong reason, would we ever know. Would pain be knowing the truth then not knowing it.

My own feeling about this is, God simply expects one to know. Look back at our ancestors. I'm amazed at some of the things God was to them. But that was there level of understanding. This is the gift they gave us. Yet they did not know. The gift of our ancestors. Are parents always right Guess I expect God is more lenient then we have been told. Based on your communication, wonders is this true. Cause this is what I was told. My intuition.

I do think it is more cause and effect of negative teaching we are trying to give a positive spin to. And I think we can see it. This is a theory I've held about the Garden of Eden. It was an observation made in history by people at some time in history, probably to represent in reality a physical change in the environment in that part of the world in time and some event that was seen changes from an ecology that was fertile that turned to desert, that was explained God's hand and punishment of a natural catastrophes. An attempt of explanation of what was observed. Climatologist say that it did not happen slowly but within one generation. Scientifically you would have to explain it. Everything we teach is punishment because life was harsh. This is the gift we also give. We teach separation.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Molearner

Quote:

pljames,

More specifically it is the recognition of sin(error) that causes pain. Sin(error) itself can remain dormant until it is recognized and accepted.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Sin is the result of the fall from Grace...symbolically that means the development of ego, which is the separation from God. In that sense I agree with Amilius. Everything that reinforces the separation from God, our true selves, and each other..is going to bring pain. The solution is to connect with the peace inside ourselves and know that's the essence of all life...peace. Easier said than done though!
Old 07-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Master

Quote:

we do not need to be saved. we are children of god and that is great. there is no imaginary somethings we need to be saved from.

kk
Old 07-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Sin is the result of the fall from Grace...symbolically that means the development of ego, which is the separation from God. In that sense I agree with Amilius. Everything that reinforces the separation from God, our true selves, and each other..is going to bring pain. The solution is to connect with the peace inside ourselves and know that's the essence of all life...peace. Easier said than done though!

we have never fallen from grace. many of us receive the grace many times. i am not separated from god. i am.

kk

Last edited by kkfern : 07-02-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:18 PM
SnufflexD

Quote:
Originally Posted by love9
Sin is not doing unto others as you would like being done unto you!

Pain is also our biological cellular reproduction cycle that manifest, producing ever constant change (joy, pain) in the body!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Rule