Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Master
My fudamental self is unconscious....

I'm wondering what lead you to this conclusion, LIFE.

As I have come to know consciousness, nothing that exists can be without it because everything arises from that source... pure awareness.

Xan

Old 17-04-2012, 01:54 AM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I'm wondering what lead you to this conclusion?

Only a infintessimally miniscule aspect of my self is conscious.

Consciousness is an emergent form of intelligence that's an outgrowth of a deeper intelligence that is, itself, not conscious. I don't consciously direct the innumerable complex bodily processes that are occuring in my body every milisecond. In fact, I'm not directly aware of them at all. I may read about them in a textbook or hear about their workings form a physiologist, but these processes are not part of my direct conscious experience. Indeed, all of these processes are my self, but not the self-identified "I" of my consciousness. I am my heart, but my heart beats independently of my conscious self, i.e., unconsciously. The vast majority of my self is, in fact, operating unconsciously. Ultimately the self is the cosmos (and more fundamentally, the root of the cosmos), but the working of that self is as unconscious as the working of our thyroid gland (another Alan Watts reference).

The individual awakenings into consciousness of that primordial self are as fleeting as the bud of a flower which, from our individual perspective, makes them incomprehensibly precious.

Hence, the "unknown self". We are not aware of that self- the rest of ourself, outside of consciousness.
Old 17-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Master
hmmm... In my discoveries, every cell and atom contains a degree of consciousness. It's only the surface so-called conscious mind that is unaware of consciousness beyond itself... the vast 'unknown'.

Individual awakenings into the primordial self are only temporary in the beginning. As we go on this awareness becomes continuous. This is my experience.

Xan

Old 17-04-2012, 02:29 AM
LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Individual awakenings into the primordial self...

I was meaning each individual awakening of the primordial self, i.e., each conscious life.

Individual "awakenings" of that self as temporal lives.
Old 17-04-2012, 03:02 AM
Master
I have always had that feeling ever since I was a child, looking up at the stars and just knowing that I am all that that is out there, but because we are looking out through the mind body, we sort of feel separate from all that is out there, and in a way that's how it suppose to be. Once the realization is realized, that is all that is needed, we know now that we are home, and in fact always have been, this is so beautiful to realize from the depth of our. heart.
Old 17-04-2012, 06:17 AM
3dnow

In my experience there is:

1. Higher self: Real me ideally
2. Inner self: Real me currently.

Discovering the inner self is an amazing experience.

I talk to him. I say "I know you'are there". When I love myself, etc. When I forgive others etc. I can feel him:
- He has tears (sometimes I don't understand why)
- His breathing changes

He is clearly not me the surface identity.

I surrender to him. I take love from my higher self I give to him.

Until I become him.

I.e. inner self becomes the higher self not me.

3d

Last edited by 3dnow : 17-04-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 17-04-2012, 01:07 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

We tell ourselves the stories that comfort us.. absence from from existence is frightening for some, but it is an option within the Great Mystery.. no one 'knows' beyond this instant of creation unfolding, thus the Great Mystery.. i am interested in its unfolding and accept the possibility of absence from existence, along with a great many other possibilities.. we will all find out sooner or later..

Be well..
Old 17-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

We tell ourselves the stories that comfort us.. absence from from existence is frightening for some, but it is an option within the Great Mystery.. no one 'knows' beyond this instant of creation unfolding, thus the Great Mystery.. i am interested in its unfolding and accept the possibility of absence from existence, along with a great many other possibilities.. we will all find out sooner or later..

Be well..

yep, time to do the dishes.........
Old 17-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Master
I was meaning each individual awakening of the primordial self, i.e., each conscious life.

Individual "awakenings" of that self as temporal lives.

LIFE... I see now you mean the individual self is temporal by only existing during physical life.

In my explorations beyond the body-mind, which is that temporality, primordial awareness expressing itself as individual consciousness exists in other forms and other worlds, in many more dimensions beyond this one.

I'm not saying this is or should be your experience, but is it certainly mine... levels of reality beyond belief.

And we still do the dishes.

Xan

Old 17-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Master
The unknown self is not known to the surface mind... but it is known to itself. As our awareness courageously expands and deepens beyond the familiar zones of what is known through the senses and through thought, these kinds of discoveries happen.

Xan