Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
How do we know that we're all here for a reason? ....

Hi beautydylan ..

I would say one would have to be aware of the aspect of self that knows the answer to that question . Many can relate that to a soul aspect ..

Perhaps what we are originally created an environment to experience self within mind, but as individual self's we have journeyed throughout time and space creating individual experiences and as to like a boulder that gathers momentum when rolling down a hill, situations can escalate for use of a better word because of choices made and reasons for this and for that have then given birth of the mind ..

Individual self purposes therefore come into being depending on actions and thoughts that they have layed before them . .

x dazzle x
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Quin's simple answer

Step 1: ask yourself "what do I want to believe?"
Step 2: believe it until those beliefs no longer serve you well, then repeat step 1

Nothing is ever known for certain. Take responsibility for your own beliefs and choose to believe the things that serve you in a positive fashion.

This.
x2.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Harmony~

Quote:
How do we know that we're all here for a reason? How do we know when this life ends we go onto somewhere different (aka heaven/back to spirit/ insert your belief here)? How can we be sure that after this life we won't disappear from existence completely? That this life isn't the only life we've got and once this life's over all we'll see is blackness for the rest of eternity?

Does God exist and if he does then does he even care about Earth any more?

I'm just going through a stage where I'm questioning everything I once believed ............... I'd love anyone's insight who feels drawn to reply ...........

I think everyone has questioned at one point in their life whether or not it's all real and if theres any real purpose to being here. I still have moments where i ask myself the same thing, not so often now a days though. I can only go by what i felt in my heart... i think what has strengthened My beliefs even more so is looking into psychic, spiritual and the afterlife topics. how would people know the things they do if there wasnt something. psychic reads can give you info on the future. surely the answers dont lie in the aura and so there must be something. i guess just go with your heart and seek to find the answers You need to stregthen your belief, whatever that may be :)
Old 02-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Buzz

For mine, the state of questioning is a very good thing. The trouble is we tend to rely too much of finding answers rather than just residing in unknowingness which in turn lets the magic happen!!!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Master
@Beautydilan

This forum is as mixed up as anything I have ever seen It would confuse anyones outright beliefs if you spent enough time here.

How does one know god exists? God's existence cant be proven and cant be denied in the same way.

As for what comes after ask someone who has been there. Until you do its all conjecture.

The only one I know who had answers and I trust was Jesus.

Now about truths..

Everything is theories until you personally find truth in it.

Only if you meet with God does he become real to you.

I figure maybe living life as if God exists isn't hurting anything, nor is believing Jesus is who he said he was.

If what we believe about God and heaven is true and we die and find that it is true then we get lucky.

If it isnt and we have followed a path to God, what have we harmed doing it?

If there is no God we are just a bunch of chemicals and we dont matter anyway in the long run.

If we chose the former maybe there is peace and meaning in life if this is the path you would like to chose.

A life having inner peace with direction is a worthwhile thing whatever your beliefs are.

I was asking god to manifest himself In a big way last week in prayer. I thought I'll have faith and wait for the walk on water type miracle for encouragement for me.

Just then our kitten jumped on me and I like the kitten. A thought came to me that maybe God does care and reveals himself in little subtle ways of provision in our lives.

Last edited by Lightspirit : 02-04-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Master
How do we know this is all real?

Because we are living proof...
Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Master
my nightly prayer ...

Now i lay me down to sleep
i hope it's gentle, soft and deep
and if i die before i wake
i pray my heaven is not a fake.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:41 AM
3dnow

Quote:
How do we know that we're all here for a reason? How do we know when this life ends we go onto somewhere different (aka heaven/back to spirit/ insert your belief here)? How can we be sure that after this life we won't disappear from existence completely? That this life isn't the only life we've got and once this life's over all we'll see is blackness for the rest of eternity?

I'm just going through a stage where I'm questioning everything I once believed ............... I'd love anyone's insight who feels drawn to reply ...........

When I don't believe in death, I come back to normal. More conscious I become myself.

So there is no death.

3d
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Loving_Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Quin's simple answer

Step 1: ask yourself "what do I want to believe?"
Step 2: believe it until those beliefs no longer serve you well, then repeat step 1

Nothing is ever known for certain. Take responsibility for your own beliefs and choose to believe the things that serve you in a positive fashion.

I really like the simplicity of this and it says all it needs to say without becoming a web of confusion with words - thanks :)
Old 02-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi BD,
You are at a place I recognize well and therfore can have compassion for you. You have to walk thru this yourself. Asking for advice is cool and all but the danger here is that the mind will just look for something else to grasp onto to replace the beliefs so as to keep from seeing what is.
The answers to your questions are in the fact that you are asking them. If life was otherwise then we would all see that.
I am here for you.....it is not an easy thing that you are experiencing but it is not the end of the world...............even though it feels like it is.
James