Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-04-2012, 07:00 PM
midnightstar

How do we know this is all real?

How do we know that we're all here for a reason? How do we know when this life ends we go onto somewhere different (aka heaven/back to spirit/ insert your belief here)? How can we be sure that after this life we won't disappear from existence completely? That this life isn't the only life we've got and once this life's over all we'll see is blackness for the rest of eternity?

Does God exist and if he does then does he even care about Earth any more?

I'm just going through a stage where I'm questioning everything I once believed ............... I'd love anyone's insight who feels drawn to reply ...........
Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Deactivated Account

I do not think there is any way to known unless you actually 'get there, go there, experience it first hand'.

Otherwise its all hopes, dreams and guesses.

I am going to carry on in hope as I would prefer to try and find it not real at the end (a fear of mine) then find last minute of my life that I stopped when, if I had kept going, I would have found that this was all real.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Why would anyone think it's not real? because someone placed ideological 'what ifs' and if/thens in your field of awareness? ask yourself, what is self-evident? what needs no explanation to convince you of its certainty, and what exists without contradiction?

Be well..
Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Master
Good Golly,

First I was going to answer not so much flippantly but more directly what you were asking but then I was nudged ever so slightly towards why you might be asking such things.

Normally we just go along, doing what needs doing and getting as much as we might want and reasons why or why not seem to conveniently get attached to the stuff we're doing... or we make up new reasons, find new reasons, to attach to what is happening... or... we don't really think about it that much and let the doing enmesh us in it's unfurling.

But occasionally the picture gets a bit lopsided and bit won't fit where once they might have, we go off track maybe and often the answer we find most fitting is to think our way back onto it.

The old ways of doing things don't work and we might even be in a crisis!

Time to change gears usually.

Lets then surmise that such things are crisis of faith. But the faith itself isn't in crisis so much as the ideas we use to hold it up... does it even need holding up?

Maybe it's time to let faith off the leash... let it romp through the fields and bark it's silly head off ( man's best friend analogy stretched somewhat) and go running after it and see what happens.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

I have learned to 'pay attention', to actually look at what's happening with a still mind and without expectation.. it's amazing what can be seen when you aren't looking 'for something'..

Be well..
Old 01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
How do we know that we're all here for a reason? How do we know when this life ends we go onto somewhere different (aka heaven/back to spirit/ insert your belief here)? How can we be sure that after this life we won't disappear from existence completely? That this life isn't the only life we've got and once this life's over all we'll see is blackness for the rest of eternity?

Does God exist and if he does then does he even care about Earth any more?

I'm just going through a stage where I'm questioning everything I once believed ............... I'd love anyone's insight who feels drawn to reply ...........

well if you believe that the Creator/Source bestows goodies or takes them away, then I can't blame you for questioning it all......I don't believe that He meddles in human life at all......He is more of a watcher and experiencer IMO...He may have a universal divine plan that we fit into, but the rest is up to us......I know because I believe and I believe because I know.....My husband and daughter communicate with me and because of that communication, I know that they are alive and well and are still part of my daily life.....so I know that there is an afterlife, and i know that there are many levels of awareness....I know that orbs are real, because I've seen them with the naked eye and of course, also in photos......... I also believe, altho some have disagreed on this, that athiests are athiests because they believe in the biblical god, which IMHO, does not exist.........

I think that if I really tried, I could attain some of those levels of awareness/Oneness that some here have experienced, and other than being in a lavender world, I have not and have not tried as "my" goal is to see, communicate and interact with my loved ones who are no longer in the physical.......and this I have done......so I think you are just having a bad day and will be much better and brighter tomorrow.....love and light
Old 01-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Quintessence

Quin's simple answer

Step 1: ask yourself "what do I want to believe?"
Step 2: believe it until those beliefs no longer serve you well, then repeat step 1

Nothing is ever known for certain. Take responsibility for your own beliefs and choose to believe the things that serve you in a positive fashion.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Quin's simple answer

Step 1: ask yourself "what do I want to believe?"
Step 2: believe it until those beliefs no longer serve you well, then repeat step 1

Nothing is ever known for certain. Take responsibility for your own beliefs and choose to believe the things that serve you in a positive fashion.

This.
I enjoy this answer very much.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:29 AM
Master
As the mind body i know nothing, but all I can really know is what is beyond the mind body, not intellectually but through inner experience, and in this experience I have realized that what I AM, cannot be known, but still there is the so called illusion of who we think we are, and just like the illusion of time and space, its great to enjoy, after all you and I made it to enjoy.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Master
How can we be sure that after this life we won't disappear from existence completely? That this life isn't the only life we've got and once this life's over all we'll see is blackness for the rest of eternity?

beauty dylan... I have a question for you. Who is it that would be seeing blackness for eternity?

The essence of you who would be seeing that or some other existence beyond the body... and who now sees this world... is the one who lives forever.

Through meditation you may discover this silent being within that you are ... not through ideas or beliefs but directly, experientially.

By knowing your true being, wherever you are and whatever's going on around you, You are pure and whole, and there is love.

Xan