Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-08-2011, 03:00 PM
gentledove

I need help

Hi everyone

i need help. I've been a member of Near Death.com practically from it's inception. When it's founder was unable to keep it going I and a few others, kept it alive. It was mostly my financing and Scotty's management.

The site used to be vibrant and bustling with participants, however it has been degraded down to the same wearying cynical people who must have no lives because they practically live there.

They gang up on and spam people with endless ad hominem. They've chased away practically everyone who doesn't share their atheistic and cynical viewpoints. All you have to do is mention God and you become their public enemy #1.

I paid $200 this year and I want to reclaim the site for all the gentle souls who were aggressively chased from it. I really want it to stop being a killing zone (participant wise).

I'm speaking up to them today and I invite everyone, including the atheists here to join me if you wish to. The atheists here are kind and respectful and I just wish the ones there were as civil.

I'm so fatigued of the war zone they've created. They think they can destroy all notion of God by going to each NDE site and saturating it with endless negativity.

Of course their "mission" is futile, but they have managed to ruin the sites as far as being places of safety or comfort for many who're in the depths of grief after having lost someone they love.

I'm asking for help because I don't know what else to do. Patience, reasoning and kindness haven't been the answer. I've already tried these for years.

I need some kind of meanocide spray to make their intolerant, arrogant and nasty behavior go away.

What do you all suggest?

Here is the forum if anyone would like to help me.

http://www.near-death-forums.com/index.php
Old 01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
moke64916

Sounds like a negative atmosphere on that site. Maybe someone else wants to join, but not me. Don't have advise. Just do what you feels right.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Gentledove,
What if you were to write pms warning or simply laying out the rules -maybe new rules ---- and 'go somwhere else with your vitriol'!

jan, kai, chloe, moose - the real meanie pouncers - that you give them a week to change or their ipo or isp's or something will be banned.
You've had it as one of the "owners".
You certainly have that right. (I had a forum once.)

I was banned from a forum bec they had rules - you had to believe "their way".
Any dissent and bye.
Of oourse, I've been asked back by other moderators because of my congeniality, humor and enormous love of God. But the owner says, no...I mean can't have someone saying the Bible has alot of made up stories now can you.

Hmm, or should there be a public announcement on the forum?
So many new people go, "What is this place?"
It is actually a disservice to newcomers.

The people that leave have their heads screwed on straight and have found other forums like this one.

Let's figure something out...want to wait a day or so til a good answer comes up?

Art would love to come back and share!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
midnightstar

Send PM's to everyone reminding them of the need to be polite and post a reminder thread as well. Make it clear users will be banned if they do not follow the rules.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
gentledove

I need help

I've already made the announcement here...

http://www.near-death-forums.com/vie...8860&start=140

I really don't care if no one participates there, it's better than the cynicism and negativity and careless manner in which they treat people...so, yes,at this point it's a disservice to newcomers.

So I will ban their IP addresses, because i've tried everything else I know and it hasn't worked.

Thank you so much for your congeniality, humor and enormous love of God, tolerance and enormous love for all!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:55 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautydylan
Send PM's to everyone reminding them of the need to be polite and post a reminder thread as well. Make it clear users will be banned if they do not follow the rules.

Thank you for this sage advice! I think that banning is unfortunately the only response that works in some cases. I will write a thread reminding people they must be civil or leave today...
Old 01-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
Thank you for this sage advice! I think that banning is unfortunately the only response that works in some cases. I will write a thread reminding people they must be civil or leave today...
Yay! I love women with backbone....this has gone on far too long....then the nice people should be asked back - Art, Seven, PeteUK, Pamelasue -probably many more...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
gentledove

Many have left after being pilloried to pieces by the gang of seven...or eight...or more *sigh*

I didn't stand up for people who were being bullied enough as I didn't want to shut down the freedom of the forum. I didn't want to be controlling, I thought reasoning with them would work...

I do hope the kind and thoughtful people will come back to contribute! I promise to do my best to keep anyone from being picked on/belittled again.

Quote:
"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." Edmund Burke
Old 01-08-2011, 08:54 PM
midnightstar

I'm happy to help out - feel free to ask if you decide you need any help at all :)
Old 02-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
Hi everyone

i need help. I've been a member of Near Death.com practically from it's inception. When it's founder was unable to keep it going I and a few others, kept it alive. It was mostly my financing and Scotty's management.

If it's your financing then it's your site. As you're using phpBB the answer is quite simple. Put up a locked post to say that bullies won't be tolerated and what they're doing is not in the Spirit of the site. Tell them what you're doing and why then ban them and delete their posts. You'll probably end up with a fair bit of hate mail, but in phpBB you can hide your e-mail address and stop people from e-mailing you. If that sounds a bit draconian then locked-post a warning first, at least you've done your bit. It seems to me that they're trying to take ownership of the site and making it their own. A wake-up call wouldn't do any harm and if they won't heed the warning.....