Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-07-2023, 02:00 PM
Master
The Darkness

From where should I begin now?

Everytime I was reaching for the highest Chakra, or the male version of God, there was this cold draft running from above.. It was the same with the sahasrara,my ego death experience and in general what was above my head..

I'm glad that I stumbled upon this vid as well.

https://youtu.be/U49tuS7j8mg

No need to say more guys.. I did my experiments,I made my conclusions..

Something tells me that those who seek God the father, eventually wiil find darkness as well.
Old 18-07-2023, 05:29 AM
Master
Thanks for sharing, lomax ~

this is the comment I left on YouTube “ John 1:5 ~ “and the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not”. Once identity drops, we shine in our self-existent light, the light of Self, renewing itself in itself, in a singularity, feeling complete and in ineffable peace. As such, in the dark void experience, a veil yet remains to be lifted. The dark bardo is an intermediate stage only. (Views offered without imposition)”
Old 18-07-2023, 07:49 AM
Ascender
Many cultures created gods to represent or personify things that they didn't control and had an influence on them.
Greeks / Romans had gods for planets, stars, moons, for time, for the weather, death, dangerous animals, the woods, waters etc.

Our unconscious mind is by definition in the dark. It contains plenty of elements that need to be interpreted on the long run.
Therefore it's useless to constantly spend energy looking at them, especially during day-time.

In astrology it is said that our natal chart determines how we are affected by planets and stars, and our life path.

In my opinion our health can resonate with cosmic bodies, but our family, friends, neighbors or environment have a larger unconscious impact, especially during childhood and the mind development.
Our family position (among close family and even in a larger circle) is a strong unconscious mark.

All of that is "darkness" until you realize you are consciousness, and you can go beyond the limitations of your regular body, heal the past traumas etc.
Old 18-07-2023, 06:35 PM
Master
All opinions are welcome..
But as sadhguru said in one of his videos, and I resonate fully with it, we have to draw a line from seeking truth and seeking confirmation..

So here's the question..You want to confirm your beliefs or you are just seeking truth?
https://youtu.be/hjrbb94z2WI
Old 20-07-2023, 10:30 AM
Master

We all need to see/ experience the dark before we see the light.
Old 20-07-2023, 10:56 AM
Master

Lomax. Good video. I’ve always found this guy interesting.
Old 20-07-2023, 06:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Everytime I was reaching for the highest Chakra, or the male version of God, there was this cold draft running from above.. It was the same with the sahasrara,my ego death experience and in general what was above my head..
This may not be connected but reading the above reference to the cold draught (I'll go for the British spelling) reminded me of the teachings of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi who taught Sahaja Yoga:

Sahaja Yoga is not simply a meditation technique but a path of self-realization that enables us to connect with the cool breeze of the divine energy known as Kundalini. As we delve into the practice of Sahaja Yoga, we learn to embrace the cool breeze that emanates from within. It is a tangible sensation, a gentle and soothing breeze that flows through the central channel of our being, bringing profound peace, balance, and bliss. This cool breeze is not an ordinary breeze; it is the touch of the divine, a direct experience of our inner self.

Peace
Old 20-07-2023, 07:19 PM
Master

I've experienced darkness and nothingness before. I don't think anyone seeks experiences of these things, to me they take some wrong turns in seeking God or enlightenment or whatever they are seeking and end up there as they made some wrong turns. I think there are many ways to go down a bad road but we learn not to go there that way.

The word "darkness" I don't like at all nor do I like what it points at. I have no real use for that word. I'd use the word ignorance instead.

I think the word "nothingness" however has many uses and can point to many different things. I see it has having bad definitions and good ones. The bad definition or concept to me is nothing present. The good definition to me is "the absence of the false or word based self" which is not about nothing being present at all, it is about the conceptual not being present.
Old 20-07-2023, 09:12 PM
Molearner

Perhaps God is found in the absence of perception? That is a gift of darkness. One could say our mind and body are restored in the darkness of sleep. Why do we automatically close our eyes in prayer ? The flip side of the coin is blinding light which also removes perception. God can be visualized at both ends of these poles of polarity IMO…..complete darkness…complete light……
Old 20-07-2023, 09:14 PM
Molearner

In this case read ‘perception’ as being distraction…..