Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-06-2022, 04:04 PM
Administrator
We are all spiritual we are born of spirit and we all go back to spirit

Namaste
Old 11-06-2022, 05:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If there is no 'regular' Journey then what are the reasons you use the prefix?
I get the objection. The view of a regular journey and not a spiritual one. The regular journey, a person is born, the person dies, nothing more. No more existence, no afterlife, no consciousness, no beyond. Is this what is meant by regular. It is of course related to a God or creation philosophy. Not everyone holds to that view though.

But the prefix spiritual simply denote connection with physical and spirit, even return to. Karma for instance is a connection. Hell is a connection. Heaven is a connection. Many spiritual teachers teach about relationship of body and spirit, that body dies but not consciousness. The concept of soul or spirit which is beyond (regular) body. Consciousness continues. And what one does here affects afterlife (and of course affects here to). That is the reason. Actually it is a regular spiritual journey. Easily explained but you already know this, it's about spirit and afterlife. Generally one does not return to body but return to spirit.

Actually if we think about what will happen will happen regardless of what we feel. If you are saying the complaint is each person is saying there is only one way, then I would disagree. Many ways. Everyone is spiritual if that needs to be heard. I didn't even think it necessary to say, it was understood.
Old 11-06-2022, 09:08 PM
Master
Go on YouTube and you're we'll find some fascinating videos on ring spiritual and they will help you along the way because they have helped me and if you are my friends
Try meditating and TuneIn and sometimes you get some amazing things I'm not a x I got silly things but that's what that's normal

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-06-2022, 03:11 AM
Master
That is a lot of questions. I will attempt to answer them but you likely will have to ask more follow up questions.
Quote:
What - and it is a What? - decides who is Spiritual or not, decides that you are Spiritual or not?
'Spiritual' is a reference to something that meets certain criteria. Everyone can arbitrarily choose those criteria and judge if something has those attributes or not. However in the context of a shared reality or shared forum if there is not a common agreement about these things, there is no point discussing them. So, you decide, I decide, everyone decides.

Quote:
What decides what 'Spiritual' means to you personally?
I decide what 'spiritual' means to me.
My definitions:
spiritual: the relation of self to not self, especially for non physical beings (spirits)
spirituality: the pursuit of spiritual

Quote:
If we are "Spiritual Beings on a human Journey," what does that imply?
That implies you are a non physical being that has entered a physical human body. Most people further assume that the spirit is here to experience what it is like to be limited to the capabilities of humans. There are of course other non physical beings in human bodies for other purposes, the most mentioned are NEGs and astral parasites.

Quote:
What decides what is advanced or not,
Ultimately you do as there is NO official authority on such things. There seems to be common 'milestones' reached in spiritual pursuits from many (most) human spiritual journeys recognized by a majority of spiritual/religious organizations. Though they don't all agree exactly, there is quite a bit in common.

In a general sense in the context of a spirit having human experience, spiritual advancement is measuring along an axis of aware only a human to fully aware as spirit (and not subject to human limitations). Again, there is not exact point where the threshold of 'advanced' should be placed.

Quote:
that not every physical being has a Spirit or not.
That is a simple matter of Seeing for those that can perceive both Physicality and Spirits. No one decides, it's simply a fact that can be observed.

Quote:
What decides you have one?
No one decides, I am a spirit. Just a fact of my being.

Quote:
If people are just taking things for granted, does that make them Spiritual?
Taking things for granted is an assumption and does not imply anything about their nature other than they can make assumptions. It does not say anything about them being a spirit or being spiritual.

Quote:
If we don't ask the 'basic' questions how 'advanced' are we?
No questions need be asked if one is already aware of their spiritual nature. Questions are for those that want to discover or to know their state and (advancement) status.

Asking questions in order to learn about spiritual things is the way of consciousness, intellect, or the mind. It is not the only way to become more spiritual nor the best. It does tend to be a fairly accessible place to start, especially for those living in western societies.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:38 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We are all spiritual we are born of spirit and we all go back to spirit

Namaste
Well said, why can't it be that simple and that true?
Old 12-06-2022, 03:39 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
But the prefix spiritual simply denote connection with physical and spirit, even return to.
So a person who doesn't believe in Spirituality goes to Hell or oblivion? I'm not being funny, but I am challenging the perceptions and if we are going to be 'Spiritual', shouldn't we have some kind of understanding of what that means?

A connection between the physical and Spirit is mediumship.

The Jungian ego uses prefixes to create differentiation where there is none, but the ego is redefined in the threads and that realisation is lost yet it's still Spiritual wisdom. Spiritual people would rather redefine than use the very Spiritual word 'Ahamkara' that the science is based on. Is that still Spirituality since their Spirituality is based on something they've made up or propagated Chinese Whispers?

The Jungian Ego uses prefixes to differentiate and therefore creates Duality. Then people come along with their Duality-creating consciousnesses and talk about non-Duality, which is little more than a created paradox used to attempt to solve a created paradox. Does that still count as Spirituality or is it bonkers?

What are the reasons that a belief there is no afterlife is not Spiritual? If we are "Spiritual beings on a human Journey" isn't a lack of belief in anything Spiritual just as Spiritual?

I don't have any objections, but the narratives don't make sense. If we don't know what is Spiritual or not and anything we decide to label is Spiritual, is it still Spiritual? If we don't challenge the narratives but create and perpetuate them how Spiritual are we really?

Last edited by Greenslade : 12-06-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 03:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
'Spiritual' is a reference to something that meets certain criteria. Everyone can arbitrarily choose those criteria and judge if something has those attributes or not.
So it's anything anyone wants it to be. In Spirituality, the definition of Spirituality is an 'invented thing'. What Spiritual people don't know is that the Ahamkara is the "'I' of invented things." Aham is Sanskrit for 'I' and a kara is an 'invented thing' or a 'thing' of perceptual reality. So at best, and if we perceive it, Spirituality is an 'invented thing'. At worst, if people are inventing definitions for their own egoism it's not Spirituality any more.

It becomes meaningless.

As you said -
"That is a simple matter of Seeing for those that can perceive both Physicality and Spirits. No one decides, it's simply a fact that can be observed."

We're not capable of that, we haven't got the faculties.

As you said -
"No one decides, I am a spirit. Just a fact of my being."

That's a belief, not a fact. You have no evidence for that.

As you said -
"Taking things for granted is an assumption and does not imply anything about their nature other than they can make assumptions. It does not say anything about them being a spirit or being spiritual."

Then how do you know for a fact you are Spirit?

As you said -
No questions need be asked if one is already aware of their spiritual nature.

But 'Spiritual' is anything you want it to be, so if you wanted to declare that you have a Spiritual nature you can.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:25 PM
Master

belief in spirituality

Quote:
So a person who doesn't believe in Spirituality goes to Hell or oblivion?

Certainly belief in spirituality is not fundamental to hell or heavens. A person not believing in spirituality or an ashiest person whose thoughts, deeds ,actions
,speeches , writings are great is still entitled to heaven . Heaven or hell - are not based on some random belief in random words/sentences . It's essentially based on the intrinsic holistic overall make up of the person. It may be different thing that atheists' may find it tough to match the requirements of goodness.
Quote:
What are the reasons that a belief there is no afterlife is not Spiritual? If we are "Spiritual beings on a human Journey" isn't a lack of belief in anything Spiritual just as Spiritual?

Nope . A belief that there is no after life is still spiritual is WRONG . This is bcos this lacks the support of all well meaning great people of this world (including great scientists , politicians and philanthropists ) till now . Every religion has unequivocally thought and spoken of life after death . The versions of their description of after life may vary or converge . But essentially they are all one in saying that death is not the end of life journey. It's simply the end of the body which our spirit uses in its journey . So No-afterlife does not stand the scrutiny of wise well meaning people and hence it is wrong .
Old 12-06-2022, 07:22 PM
Master

Quote:
In Spirituality, the definition of Spirituality is an 'invented thing'. So at best, and if we perceive it, Spirituality is an 'invented thing'. At worst, if people are inventing definitions for their own egoism it's not Spirituality any more.
I have never come across any definition of spirituality as "an invented thing".

Is this a definition which you have invented?

Peace
Old 13-06-2022, 08:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
It may be different thing that atheists' may find it tough to match the requirements of goodness.
Seriously? You actually said that?