Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 20-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Ascender

Red balloons

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows the symbolism behind red balloons? I think that balloons are a sign from my higher self/ guides often when I'm going through a shift, but I'm wondering if there is something more significant. Since yesterday I've seen 4 different photos randomly with either a single red balloon, or a bunch, and only red.

Thank you in advance! :)
A
Old 21-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Master
When I think of red balloons, I think of a child's birthday. I think of childhood, innocence, and fun.

Red corresponds with the root chakra, which is our center, it's what grounds us.

Another thing that came to mind was when I was in hypnotherapy, one of the guided visualizations had to do with me holding a balloon. Any time I felt a negative emotion, I was supposed to release it into the balloon. So what could you be releasing into your balloon? What would turn it red?
Old 21-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Ascender

Thanks Awakened Queen for your thoughts.

I had a dig around yesterday and found that there was a short film called 'The Red Balloon', and on the page was this write-up about what someone's take on what the film represented and I found it was very similar to how I'm feeling at the moment...

"As a child, I longed for two specific things that I now realize Lamorisse’s movie embodies: the presence of a loving friend and the knowledge that real magic exists in the world. Childhood, in so many ways, is about learning to navigate the world around us, to make sense of what seems overwhelming and gigantic. Having a special companion makes that experience more manageable and less terrifying. To kids, the world of grown-ups is often alien and untranslatable, and so magic becomes a lens through which the incomprehensible universe (as Einstein once called it) becomes comprehensible."

After I read and tried to process that thought I haven't seen anymore balloons.

I'm going through a shift, and although this place is peaceful and quiet, it feels pretty lonely because I don't have anyone in my life who is on the same level as me. I want someone I can share this new place with, but I'm not willing to settle just because they show me affection. I want something deeper now. And in committing to me, I have this new fear of committing to others. Grrr... Just trying to let things flow and stay in surrender.

This was the original article I found if you're interested :) I have yet to watch the film though.

http://www.openculture.com/2012/06/t..._ballooni.html
Old 21-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Master
You should watch it. It's only 30 minutes long. I bet the message will become clear for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Y1tRBOXfA

Old 21-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Ascender

I just finished watching it. Such a cute story. Pretty comforting :)

I just realized a synch too. The first balloon pic I saw was of a red balloon floating away on a Paris street... just like in that film.
Old 22-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc
I just finished watching it. Such a cute story. Pretty comforting :)

I just realized a synch too. The first balloon pic I saw was of a red balloon floating away on a Paris street... just like in that film.

That's awesome. What was the message telling you?