Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 11-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Experiencer
SHOULD I DO HEALING WHEN ILL?

[b] Greetings,

I have been ill most of my life - lung trouble. I've had five bouts of pneumonia.

1988 I trained to be a healer, passed all the exams etc.

Started doing healing on friends and relations - and then the troubles started.

Within a year I met another qualified healer, who had been healing for many years, who was most disgusted that I was doing healing when my physical body was in such a bad state. I was told to stop doing healing as my weak body could and would pick up further ailments. Other healers were telling me the same.

Up to a point I can go along with their sentiments because I never knew when I was going to be ill. I could not make regular time slots for patients to visit - nor for me to go and see them because I never knew if I was going to be okay. Most times, when illness struck, I would just feel run down and off-colour and with two to four of days on paracetamol it would pass.

Now, don't get me wrong, here. I was in full time work and my doctor allowed me to have a batch of antibiotics at home just in case I really needed them - which would be once or twice a year; rarely did a year go by when I didn't need them.

Years passed when I did no healing at all. But then I got into 'Absent/Distant Healing'. No one seemed to mind about my physical state just so long as I turned up to support the group. That lasted about ten years before it folded.

I now do 'Absent/Distant Healing' on my own and have done so for around four years. Being retired this means I can do this healing whenever I like for as long as I like - and I don't feel guilty if illness delays me for a few days.

But what I want to know from you good people is how do you feel about people like me who do not have very healthy bodies doing contact healing or Absent/Distant Healing?

JOHNTY
Old 12-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Master

May I ask what type of healing you do? If its something like reiki you are only a channel for the healing energy so what would it matter whether you yourself are ill. However have you done healings on yourself? I would have started with that. My take is that as long as you feel up to it then it should not be a problem whether distantly in person, no difference. You are just a channel for divine energy to pass through you on to others.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Guide
In agreement with Vespa68. I'm also a healer and sometimes if I feel really ill for whatever reason like flu or something, I don't do any healing because I just don't feel like it, however in essence we are a conduit for healing energy so it shouldn't make any difference as to our own personal health. It just depends on if you feel up to it I think.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Administrator
I too am a healer but what you must remember is that you are just the vesil that spirit actually use to do the healing, using your own energy can be draining and not benaficial to your yourself. so if you are ill yourself its not a good idea,

Namaste
]
Old 12-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I too am a healer but what you must remember is that you are just the vesil that spirit actually use to do the healing, using your own energy can be draining and not benaficial to your yourself. so if you are ill yourself its not a good idea,

Namaste
]

In reiki normally you dont use your own energy so I suppose it depends on the type of healing.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Experiencer

I have known instances whereby I as a Reiki master have drained my Essential Energy.. It was an unusual circumstance but I acted upon it. Yes I agree with all the above, we are only the channel but, we frequently take negative energy from the people we work on and that can be a root cause if we forget to clear it.. Certainly Self Healing for you JohnTY would seem a very sensible plam of action..
Namaste..
Old 12-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Experiencer
Hi,

If you are sick or just tired you may not be able to focus during the healing process as you normally would so the healing may not be as strong if you are under the weather.

Boson
Old 15-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Experiencer
Greetings,

No, it's not Reiki. I was trained as a contact/spiritual healer.

I forgot to mention that because of my problems of Dislexia and Dyspraxia I sometimes have a problem following what people are telling me - I misunderstand, or sometimes cannot follow their trend of thought.

Within a year of this I stopped doing contact healing. It took me quite a number of years for me to come to the idea that my training was necessary in order for me to continue with absent/distant healing with the same training group, which after ten years folded, and for me to continue on my own. Since then, and over the last ten years, I've progressed to doing all sorts of healing on my own. God is not troubled by time so I look on my early training as a necessary precursor to what I am doing now.

I have to say I'm pleased at the way things have turned out.

JOHNTY
Old 15-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Ascender
isnt healing for when your ill anyway?
Old 16-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Seeker

While it is true healers are channels/tools for healing energy to pass through, when the healer is sick, it is important to search for ways to heal the sickness, if possible. Think of a car out of alignment, or a piano out of tune. They may still work, but not as well as if they were fixed. There are energetic ways for a healer to compensate for their chronic physical ailments that can not be healed. Since we all carry different healing frequencies, it is worthwhile sharing healing energies with other healers. Consulting a holistic practitioner who can advise you on ways to support the physical health of your body, or doing some research on the internet (Dr. Mercola has some excellent articles and guidelines, especially regarding the importance of probiotics when taking antibiotics) to boost your own healing. This is part of the journey many healers face in healing themselves. Best Wishes