Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
There is self-judgement in the afterlife - which is the most sternest judgement of all.

In the hundreds of NDE stories I've read, with life reviews and self-judgments and all... I've never seen one that mentioned anything about killing and eating meat. The errors each person saw that called for correction had to do with acting unloving to other people.

Xan

That's a good point.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I know some Jains, whose religion is based on this kind of purity. I completely respect their way of life but I feel the focus is misplaced... being more external - about what you do; then internal - in the purity of our inner being.

Xan

Yes, but the 'external' is the manifestaion of the 'internal'.
Love in the heart is beautiful, but that love must have a physical expression i.e. Service/compassion.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
There is self-judgement in the afterlife - which is the most sternest judgement of all.

In the hundreds of NDE stories I've read, with life reviews and self-judgments and all... I've never seen one that mentioned anything about killing and eating meat. The errors each person saw that called for correction had to do with acting unloving to other people.

Xan

What about the thousands you haven't read?

There was the death-bed vision of a particuarly cruel vivisectionist who 'saw' all the animals he had tortured waiting for him on the Other Side...

There is no learning on the 'Other Side'? Of course there is! Reverence for all life would qualify as instruction.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Master

A NDE given by a 62 year old , who was prior to his NDE a ruthless, hard nosed businessman.

"The first thing I saw when I awoke in the hospital was a flower and I cried. Believe it or not, I had never really seen a flower untilI I came back from 'death'.
One big thing I learned when I 'died' was that we are all part of one bg, living universe.
If we think we can hurt another person or living thing without hurting ourselves, we are sadly mistaken.
I look at a forest or a flower or a bird now and say "That is me, part of me." We are connected with all things and if we send love along these connections, then we are happy'
(From 'The Light Beyond' by Dr Raymond Moody)

Old 02-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Xan
Dear Xan,

In addition to the examples cited by the Noble Knight above, I can give you two more: http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Exper...arta_y_nde.htm
and
http://near-death.com/wagner.html

Best wishes to you!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Master
Okay... I know better than to question folks deeply held religious beliefs, propped up by incidental stories here and there. You're welcome to them, my friend.

As for me I trust my own inner sense of what's right for me.

blessings
Xan

Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Pathfinder

When i was digging out more on this topic i found that, any food which will increase tamo guna and rajo guna is not preferred for a spiritual practioner. It is irrespective of veg or non-veg. Eating non-veg food will definitely increase tamo guna and rajo guna. I also came to know that few vegetarian food like bottle gourd, garlic etc also will increase tamo guna and rajo guna.

So instead of categorizing as veg or non-veg can we say as tamo guna and rajo guna??
Old 07-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
When i was digging out more on this topic i found that, any food which will increase tamo guna and rajo guna is not preferred for a spiritual practioner. It is irrespective of veg or non-veg. Eating non-veg food will definitely increase tamo guna and rajo guna. I also came to know that few vegetarian food like bottle gourd, garlic etc also will increase tamo guna and rajo guna.

So instead of categorizing as veg or non-veg can we say as tamo guna and rajo guna??
Can anyone comment on my perception? Is it correct??
Old 07-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Master
There are only three gunas, expressions of energies. Rajas is active and energetic, Tamas is passive and dull, and Sattvas is clear. It's not possible to eat no foods that are rajasic or tamasic, but by eating whole fresh foods we can keep a balance, which is sattvic.

Xan

Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music

Tamo guna? Rajo guna? It is not a question of guna, it is a question of compassion, of wheter it is right and spiritually correct and in line with the Law of Love to destroy and eat the flesh of other ensouled beings who are weaker, gentler and don't have a voice to plead and protest. This is the issue in question.