Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 AM
NIRVANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
We reap what we sow. An eternal spiritual law. You cannot cheat the Law.

There is self-judgement in the afterlife - which is the most sternest judgement of all.

Depends which belief we follow
Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
NIRVANA

Quote:
A warped logic. Two hundred years or so ago some would have said (and it was said at the time) that God created black people to be slaves (Slavery is condoned in the Bible), that they had no souls and weren't human beings like white people...

Man was created to 'walk with the angels', not to hurt and kill.

Was not the First Blessing - 'And God said, Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.'
('Meat' in ancient terminology meant 'food')

Your preaching the bible and selective bits in that. If its in a book it must be right
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
NIRVANA

[quote=knightofalbion][quote=NIRVANA]

Yes there are grounded vegetarians and grounded meat eaters. How do you know the majority of the worlds masters have been vegetarian?

Is this fact? or part of a belief system?

Quote:

One can swallow the corrupted teaching of orthodoxy or one can establish the truth for oneself....

How does esablishing the truth yourself prove that all the masters in history were vegetarian? that does not make sense.

And also what is a master ? define a master?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Master

[quote=NIRVANA]

For an animal to die to be given as food for a human may create alot of good karma for the animal and also improve the health of the human. Very inter connected .

[quote]

That's not true at all.

The animals receive compensation in the spirit world for the suffering they received at the hands of man, but they do not give their lives willingly. It is not an act of Service.

Their spirit passes over to the realms of spirit in a state of terror, anger and bitterness.

Meat, dairy and animal fats improve human health? On the contrary, they bring death and disesae into the body. How many studies have their been linking red meat to cancer, or animal fat to heart disease, or dairy produce to hormonal cancer (breast and prostate) and ovarian cancer or diabetes and goodness knows what else.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Depends which belief we follow

What faith does not recognise Cause and Effect???

Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIRVANA
Your preaching the bible and selective bits in that. If its in a book it must be right

The First Blessing predates the Bible.

The Bible was written, compiled and corrupted by man - which is how, amongst other things, it comes to condone slavery.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:21 PM
peacegarden

I find it hard to believe there's a word of truth left in the bible, after the roman empire got it's hands on it.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
I got a doubt related to the food of a spiritual practitioner. Is the food taken by a person acts as a barrier towards his spiritual practice?

Few people say non-vegetarian food or any food which creates negative mental imbalance is a not a choice for spiritual practitioners. Is this true? How does it impact?

Please share thoughts.
I can't speak to the Hinduisim aspect of food. I can tell you I have a bad diet and yet I had a spiritual awakening including kundalini. Obviously then a bad diet including isn't a barrier to that.

I think maybe it's a question more like, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" I think a good diet can help people grow spiritually but I also definitely believe that spiritual growth will cause natural effortless changes in diet as well as changes in thoughts and feelings. I am speaking from personal experience. I think if a person works on any one of the three biggies (mind, body, emotions) the others will evolve as well.

The bottom line IMO is to follow your own feelings and to not give away your power to others as to how you should feel, think or even what you eat. Also be open to the possibility that how you feel or think about anything may change.

And honestly, when it comes to mental imbalance, I think the greatest problem is listening to others instead of yourself!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
It is the duty of man to walk through this earthly life as kindly and harmlessly as possible. How one manifests this ethos is open to interpretation, but when love is your guide, the way becomes clearer...

I know some Jains, whose religion is based on this kind of purity. I completely respect their way of life but I feel the focus is misplaced... being more external - about what you do; then internal - in the purity of our inner being.

Xan

Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Master
There is self-judgement in the afterlife - which is the most sternest judgement of all.

In the hundreds of NDE stories I've read, with life reviews and self-judgments and all... I've never seen one that mentioned anything about killing and eating meat. The errors each person saw that called for correction had to do with acting unloving to other people.

Xan