Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 19-08-2013, 03:58 PM
realistic

GOD or Person..Who is responsible???

Hi,

Recently i came across a statement where it says:
Our thinking should always be in such a way that the god is the only one who is behind our actions and thoughts. There should not be any “ I ” in our decision making process so that we are not responsible for the result that gets out of any actions we do. God will be responsible for it.

Question 1 : Can every body do this?

I am wondering that how can this be possible to put into practice without having more information about which group of people can think this way when every person on this planet has unique set of views and selective perceptions on things around them.

Question 2 : Can a non-sensible person think that God is giving directions to him to act?

Question 3: Are there any rules one should follow before we even start thinking that god is behind our actions and thoughts?

Question 4 : How can we transform so that god can give directions in day-to-day life?

Question 5 : Whom should we held responsible if some thing goes wrong in the society the God or the non-sensible person?

Can anyone please clarify me regarding my thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited by realistic : 19-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 19-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Master

Try this - naiSkarmya
Old 19-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Master

We have freewill and we - and we alone - have responsibility for our actions.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Pathfinder

Yes we are responsible for our actions.. However why it is preached in a way such that , God is behind our actions, is to emphasize the fact that, if God was thinking would you think the way u do, if God was to do what you are about to do, would he actually consider doing what you are just about to do

When you actually start thinking that way, you tend to stay away from wrong doings atleast to some extent..

In fact the whole belief of God thinking for you, is only meant at making you think in a positive way and not to do anything and everything and blame God for that
Old 20-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Time

I am going to assume you are speaking of the christian "god" since you mentioned "God", not say, "vishnu".....

The story of Adam and Eve shows that we chose free will (well if you believe in it that is). You can see this in many biblical stories where people dont do the will of god (pre noah flood for example, or the story of moses)

That being said, there are a few similarities between all religions, that may help

- Treat people with respect
- Life tends to be equil, and should be respected as much as we possibly can
- The world can indeed change in an instant, so dont get used to it.
- Even if you are repressed, there is always hope.

Other then the above, most religions end up being a ****ing contest.
Old 22-08-2013, 11:17 PM
realistic

Thanks for sharing your thoughts..Can someone look into my questions with an assumption that God literally exists?
Old 26-08-2013, 05:17 PM
realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
We have freewill and we - and we alone - have responsibility for our actions.
If we have freewill then what is the role of GOD? Why few people choose to be good and and why few choose bad?
Old 29-09-2013, 08:17 AM
munched

I think you have mis-interpreted the statement. The concept behind the statement could be found across religions, across mystics. And yes, one has to presume existence of God for this concept to be valid. I prefer word Absolute over God.
The concept is this: Unless one lets go of ego, one cant achieve the Absolute. The rationale is till there's an ego, it would imply "I" which would further imply rest everything as "you" (i'm taking liberty of clubbing everything except "I" as "you"). Thus, one has created a boundary that differentiates "I" from everything including Absolute.
Mystics tell us that only way to achieve Absolute is to surrender oneself to Absolute. That does not mean that one sits idle for rest of one's life. That also does not mean that one starts holding Absolute responsible for everything.
It simply means that whether one is experiencing joy or sadness, health or disease, pleasures or poverty, one remains oblivious to them and acknowledge that these are transient and temporary in nature whilst the Absolute is the only permanent.
It means that all your acts and thoughts are in accordance with fulfilling your responsibilities yet acknowledging the ultimate objective being realization of Absolute.
To answer your questions sequentially:
1. Yes, everyone can do this if the prime objective of life is realization of Absolute. It depends on one's choice.
2. God has already given everyone direction in life by giving everyone the "choice". Sensible or non-sensible differentiation would be post the act of choice. Right?
3. Just one rule: Acknowledge the Absolute.
4. see point 2.
5. Nobody should hold God responsible for one's actions or its results thereof (unless you are a lawyer drafting a contract with a force majeure clause). There are only two factors that can be held responsible for anything that goes (supposedly) wrong - Actions of the person(s) concerned and Random events beyond anyone's controls.

Hope it helps
Old 18-10-2013, 09:30 PM
BVG Janaka das

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by realistic
Our thinking should always be in such a way that the god is the only one who is behind our actions and thoughts.

We have freewill and we - and we alone - have responsibility for our freewill followed by actions.

God do ALL actions and we are responsible for it :)

"Therefore one who thinks himself the only doer, not considering the five factors, is certainly not very intelligent and cannot see things as they are." (Bhagavad-gītā As It Is 18.16)

PURPORT
A foolish person cannot understand that the Supersoul is sitting as a friend within and conducting his actions. Although the material causes are the place, the worker, the endeavor and the senses, the final cause is the Supreme, the Personality of Godhead. Therefore, one should see not only the four material causes but the supreme efficient cause as well. One who does not see the Supreme thinks himself to be the doer.