Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Lozenge Squeezer

Thank u all, can understand what u are saying.

Noticed the term; 'inner light" can any one give me a feeling for how this manifests? cheers
Old 21-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Lozenge Squeezer

will try to answer my own question as it to me seems logical?

ie Light illuminates darkness,

may be feelings change the unknown to know? .................
Old 22-03-2015, 01:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozenge Squeezer
' It Is', sounds great, do u have any method of achiebing these states of mind? ie meditation, exercise, age etc.,
HTML Code:
> more forgiving, less judgemental > more respectful > MUCH less of a normalcy agent - being authentic and true to YOURSELF is the name of the game > less pretentious - getting very clear and philosophical about my TRUE motivations - for everything > less gullible (ie. not everyone who speaks of "love" or "chakras" is necessarily an "ascended God-being" or what have you. > more open minded > greater understanding of things and people > much less reactive etc. > much less insecurity about what others may think

I don't think we have free will. But different people approach "spirituality" in different ways.

I define "spirituality" as any attempt to improve ones life. :) And lets face it - we all do that.

And so some people go about that in a shallow way - ie. acquiring riches/pleasures by any means possible.

And then there are others like myself that realize that improving the SELF is vital. (Because that way, we will appreciate what we have more.)

Also, for me, there is an understanding of karma, so if I were to acquire "riches" in a shady manner, not only would I not feel good about it, there would also be the inevitable karmic rebound.

So... what has this being that has no free done?

* Read and searched lots. (Was born with a high iq and a yearning for God/truth/knowledge)

* My life has been somewhat extreme. I've experienced lots of things both good and bad. I've become a philosopher.

* Lots of meditation. Been meditating regularly since I was about 16. (35 now.)

* Tried LOTS of "shortcuts" and "new agey" type things to improve myself. And while they do work to some extent, I've reached the conclusion that there are no shortcuts. (I now, as often as my schedule affords it, meditate for 2 hours a day and do a *sarvangasana* yoga pose for about 20 - 30 minutes straight after it.)

* Tried affirmations for years, but have recently reached some interesting conclusions about the value of them.

* And yes, all the other stuff that you'd expect - physical exercise, healthy diet, fun, laughter...

Quote:
Is it not ok to ask questions?

I think it's great to ask questions.
Old 22-03-2015, 01:56 AM
TesseLated

It gives a calm sense of well-being...
Old 22-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Lozenge Squeezer

Quote:
It Is;

I don't think we have free will. But different people approach "spirituality" in different ways.

I define "spirituality" as any attempt to improve ones life. :) And lets face it - we all do that.

And so some people go about that in a shallow way - ie. acquiring riches/pleasures by any means possible.

And then there are others like myself that realize that improving the SELF is vital. (Because that way, we will appreciate what we have more.)

Also, for me, there is an understanding of karma, so if I were to acquire "riches" in a shady manner, not only would I not feel good about it, there would also be the inevitable karmic rebound.

So... what has this being that has no free done?

* Read and searched lots. (Was born with a high iq and a yearning for God/truth/knowledge)

* My life has been somewhat extreme. I've experienced lots of things both good and bad. I've become a philosopher.

* Lots of meditation. Been meditating regularly since I was about 16. (35 now.)

* Tried LOTS of "shortcuts" and "new agey" type things to improve myself. And while they do work to some extent, I've reached the conclusion that there are no shortcuts. (I now, as often as my schedule affords it, meditate for 2 hours a day and do a *sarvangasana* yoga pose for about 20 - 30 minutes straight after it.)

* Tried affirmations for years, but have recently reached some interesting conclusions about the value of them.

* And yes, all the other stuff that you'd expect - physical exercise, healthy diet, fun, laughter...

Quote:
Is it not ok to ask questions?

I think it's great to ask questions.
Very much appriciated, glad you have the strength to state your truth.......
Old 23-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Lozenge Squeezer

To me "It Is" has used spirituality with great clarity.

does any one else agree with this or not?

by the way my name is alan
Old 23-03-2015, 10:31 AM
TEReview

A good spiritual practice is one where you are able to see your true nature and themselves to detect. It is the process of digging through your physical and emotional makeup and achieve the essence of who you are as a person.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozenge Squeezer
What improvements in ones life come from an understanding of spirituality?

I feel it has to do with ones goals and objectives and is related to ones soul development.

We are all on different paths and have different levels of awareness and SOUL awareness.

If you wish to expand your level of SOUL awareness (SELF awareness) and learn new SOUL skills, like Astral Travel, psychic abilities and divination, then you will benefit from spirituality.

If you have no spiritual inclination or awareness, then you are wasting your time. And it is not like a religion like christianity where we employ a marketing stance by telling you that you are lost and going to hell, but by accepting our solution, you can be saved from this damnation. Spirituality is not fear based or driven.

The SOUL will awaken at the right time and you will begin to feel the inner drive towards a spiritual path.
Old 24-03-2015, 05:18 AM
Lozenge Squeezer

Book1

Thankyou TEReview & lenvdb64 for your replys, seem to be getting more clarity, though I feel both these answers are more a description of spirituality than how one can apply spirituality to improve ones life?

Can TEReview & lenvdb64 or any one else, give examples of how the terms in bold, may apply to day to day life, fom both quotes? my example; What is my true nature? Is it what' s left after taking away my conditioned (programed) self?
Quote:
TEReview;- A good spiritual practice is one where you are able to see your true nature and themselves to detect. It is the process of digging through your physical and emotional makeup and achieve the essence of who you are as a person.
&
Quote:
I feel it has to do with ones goals and objectives and is related to ones soul development.

We are all on different paths and have different levels of awareness and SOUL awareness.

If you wish to expand your level of SOUL awareness (SELF awareness) and learn new SOUL skills, like Astral Travel, psychic abilities and divination, then you will benefit from spirituality.

If you have no spiritual inclination or awareness, then you are wasting your time. And it is not like a religion like christianity where we employ a marketing stance by telling you that you are lost and going to hell, but by accepting our solution, you can be saved from this damnation. Spirituality is not fear based or driven.

The SOUL will awaken at the right time and you will begin to feel the inner drive towards a spiritual path
am using my feelings to ask questions hope this is ok?
Old 24-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Lozenge Squeezer

I apologise edaen for not acknolleging your post it to me is appropriate to my question
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaen
In simple words spirituality defines as “the experience or expression of the sacred” . Spirituality is a term which encompasses everything that we cannot see directly with our eyes, directly perceive by the other senses and know by our mere reason. You get a Spiritual strength to overcome the hardships of life. The spiritual people make healthier choices and may lives longer life. It gives you an internal power to forgive other. Spirituality gives inner strength to manage difficult situations and to keep smiling. Once you completely get indulge in the spiritual practice it improves your life a lot. Being established in the Self, your inner peace spreads outward, and makes you a more responsible human being full of caring, sharing and love.
thank you