Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Master
I would prefer to be approached by someone who has no beliefs, but most cannot do this, for what would they have to talk about lol.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Docha

I started to read, far far too much and I couldn't stop laughing at the original post.

I was just handed the quote " know thyself and you know the universe" yesterday when looking for a message from a new jumping spider I named george...

I do find it amusing because my answer would be yes I know who I am without a doubt. Though, I have nothing to add to that thread, at least that I would consider intelligent conversation anyway. :)
Old 05-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
I started to read, far far too much and I couldn't stop laughing at the original post.

I was just handed the quote " know thyself and you know the universe" yesterday when looking for a message from a new jumping spider I named george...

I do find it amusing because my answer would be yes I know who I am without a doubt. Though, I have nothing to add to that thread, at least that I would consider intelligent conversation anyway. :)

With long threads, I sometimes find it easier to start at the end and work backwards to see what the conversation evolved into. It looks like the OP has left after all.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 AM
not human

I would venture that if there was truely a spiritual approach to be made then in reality the person making the reach to you CAN only come from compassion & love. In which case I would be all ears.

I once was approached by a fundamentalist christian with a hard nosed " Has our Lord & saviour Jesus Christ entered your life "
I didn't so much look at the question but at the energy & came back with
" Yep "
He walked off mumbling " All righty then...." Good old non resistance. LOL
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Docha

I did jump to the end and decided to bow down to serpant queens efforts to play devils advocate..
lol She does that well.

How it evolved is what made me say I am almost sorry I missed it. But I probably would confuse people as I am prone to take the stand that both or all views are correct. Which in turn leaves everyone wrong. Eventually my contradrictions come out...best done gradually. Lol
Old 05-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Master
I'll have to go read the enlightened thread now as well..

Considering I had christians come at me with a bible in hand and screaming...I'd prefer not to have it done that way ever, ever again... Kindly, and open-minded. I'm very easy going and open, so I welcome anyone to come and talk.

Not like that woman I encountered at work eons ago who had just found Jesus and asked me if I was saved and I said saved from what? She proceeded to tell me the good news. I said thanks but no thanks, and from that day forth, she wouldn't leave me alone. chased me down the hall screaming that I was going to burn in hell if I don't get saved. I became her mission in life. It was pathetic. She became a joke and an annoyance to me and I don't like to be unkind, but I became unkind to her. Years later, I saw her and apologized for being unkind, but before she took out her bible to preach to me, I was simply apologizing, I didn't want to be converted...sigh.

I do love hearing people's views and beliefs though, but don't get pushy with it.

My step-son who I love dearly has lived with The Twelve Tribes for at least ten years...he can get preachy about getting me to leave everything and become one of them...(but leave all my property...land, clothing, etc.. to the whole community...the Tribes...nah...I don't think so...)
Old 05-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Master
Ugh, well, okay, I've only gotten through the first few of her posts and I thought she was probably trying to take off on Eckhart Tolle, and apparently she is? But she comes across more as a telemarketer or an infomercial...
Old 05-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Topology

Hahah, well as far as I know Rikki is a He. Which would explain the combative energy.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Master
LOL! I skipped towards the end because one hundred and ninety something pages is a bit much for me to go through right now, but I saw everyone referring to Rikki as a he. I should have checked the profile. I assumed(tisk!tisk...about assuming) that by the spelling (Rikki) that he was a she... but yes, that could explain the combative energy. I must have missed that, but I thought he/she sounded like an overly exuberant woman.. Sorry Rikki.

PS: Topology, you would look awesome as a character at the renaissance festival we have near here every weekend.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Hahah, well as far as I know Rikki is a He. Which would explain the combative energy.

Not necessarily Top lol in my world there are many women who are what you would probably describe as 'combative' lol ...