Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 12-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Master
Hmm...no one responded yet

Well...I did take my concerns to someone else, and he suggested we pray together...so I'm not "overriding" his free choice to pray for his own needs on his end. Where we might be praying at opposites if I didn't check first.

I really like the group prayer approach for this aspect. It's v beautiful and respectful...and you feel the unity of energy.

Does anyone else have that any thoughts here?
Peace & blessings,
7L
Old 15-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Summerkat

In the example given by Leah at the beginning of this thread, I think Jesus was asking the man to state his free will choice to be healed. That is something we always have, free will. Some do not want to be healed --they enjoy the attention or whatever they get from being sick. Instead of just walking by man and instantly healing him, Jesus respected the man's free will choice. Whoever we pray to this is always our choice and is respected.

I think praying helps us. I think God or Great Spirit or Universe does already know what we want or need but prayer makes us feel better. Its about communicating, it is bonding, it is relationship. It feels good.
Old 15-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Master
why pray when God already knows what we want? so that WE can learn what we want, as well as our true motivation for wanting it...just a thought...
Old 03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Scibat

Maybe its as simple as the old adage:

God helps those who help themselves.

We have to ask, as at least a token gesture of helping ourselves.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:12 AM
Master
I think there is truth in all your responses and I'm so glad ppl responded.

It is about communication, free will, and understanding and acknowledging your intent. And it is about making the effort

peace & blessings
7L
Old 06-12-2010, 10:18 AM
shaya48

WHY SHOULD WE PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah85
People, I just wanted to share something I have been reading about.

“Why should we pray when God already knows what we want?” is a question I am asked. It is true that God already knows what we need but why then did Bartimaeus have to ask Jesus for help in today’s Gospel? Anyone watching would no doubt have thought that it must be obvious that the man wants Jesus to restore his sight but yet Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you.” And when he said, “Master, let me see again,” Jesus cured him. Jesus knew everything about people; he knew Judas was going to betray him, he knew about Nathanael under the fig tree (John 1), he knew the woman in Samaria had five husbands before her present partner (John 4). Jesus knew about this blind man, he didn’t need to be told he needed his sight restored but yet he asked him what he wanted. Bartimaeus didn’t need to tell Jesus but telling Jesus was preparing Bartimaeus’ heart for the gift of having his sight restored. Once again the question I am asked is “Why should we pray when God already knows what we want?” My response is that prayer is not about informing God what our needs are. God already knows our needs and doesn’t need our prayer to keep him up to date on what is happening in our lives. Instead prayer is for our benefit, not God’s benefit. Prayer is to prepare our heart for what God wishes to give us."

So wonderful to think that we have a Father who cares for us wheither we are conscious of that or not, and prayer is not a "request" but a way to feel our connection to Him, pleasing Him and lifting our soul up.

by Fr. Tommy Lane

I FEEL CLOSER TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER, TALKING TO HIM BRINGS ME GREAT COMFORT KNOWING I AM IN HIS DIVINE PRESENCE AND THAT HE LISTENS TO ALL OUR PRAYERS, FOR ME ITS NOT A QUESTION OF HIM KNOWING ALREADY WHAT WE WANT OR NEED, I PRAY TO ASK FOR HELP FOR OTHERS, I PRAY FOR MY SPIRITUAL PATH TO PROGRESS AND TO LET HIM KNOW I AM HAPPY TO BE IN HIS SERVICE HELPING OTHERS THE BEST I CAN, I PRAY FOR WORLD PEACE, FOR OUR MOTHER EARTH, OUR ANIMAL AND SEA KINGDOM TO SURVIVE NEXT GENERATIONS OF LIFE, I SEND MY LOVE AND PRAYERS TO MY LOVED ONES IN SPIRIT I JUST FEEL VERY PEACEFUL AND CONTENT AFTER HAVING DOING THAT.

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN WAY OR BELIEFS OF HOW THEY CONNECT TO GOD AND WHY.

IF ANYWAY WE TALK TO GOD OR CONNECT TO GOD BRINGS US COMFORT, LOVE, GUIDANCE AND PEACE OF OUR MIND AND SOUL THEN ITS ALL GOOD.

LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA