Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 20-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Interesting, my overactive imagination is often drawn to the more fantastical ideas and this line now reminds me of accounts of Buddha I've come across in the past describing how he attained the ability to be in different places and even all places simultaneously, and that he could know the minds of other men and even appear as them.

theoretically i suppose if one were totally sans ego and had no attachment to ones Id then one might be able to sit behind the eyes of anyone, anywhere, at and in any time, being as that without the Id and the ego which supports it there are no separate entities.

Sounds reasonable, I do like theory.

i imagine the reason i can feel the faces of my imaginary friends is because we are aspects of each other, aspects of a gestalt.

Gestalt, yes thats a new word for me. Useful.

i smoke. i know i use the cigarettes as an anchor. the cig burning between my fingers keeps me from wandering too far at inappropriate times, keeps me aware of my body. lol

i've been thinking of trying one of those electric cigs but i don't know if it'd work as well as an anchor without the threat of possibly starting a fire should i wander too far away from my hand. lol life is so strange.

Hehe yes, strange indeed.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

FYI, I've now put something up now on the recent synchronous experience we were discussing. Its a bit of a whopper so I put it in the Angels and Guides section under the title 'The Black Swan', also as a tribute to another member. Sorry not sure how to link.
Old 20-01-2011, 07:21 PM
aser's homie

There has to be constructive foundation in what is been said with others people, because that is the form of communication and no less ever matters for you, me, or any one much rather a superior power.

If something seems strange your getting up to in telepathy, chances are it is anxious and that can be because one really needs to settle down and dissolve it all above all above all and improve those skills and quite possible speak to it to a proffesional or get council from your chosen internet agenda.
Old 20-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Master
oh hey ... for me this isn't about "superior power" as the internal dialogue is seldom in my control and the scope of what being worked on is so huge it's literally overwhelming if delved into blithely. touch the main confluence of interconnected vibrations and ya end up twitching on the floor.

something is definately "strange" about getting up into telepathy. it's strange because ... well ... insane people "hear voices". sane people do not.
if i'm telepathic (and not crazy) then my skills are already considerable. if i'm just a nutball ... i can't afford a shrink anyway so **shrug**. and seeking council is what i'm doing here on this site.

PS. pardon me if i've misunderstood any part of your post. your sentense structuring is a little difficult for me to read. if i've misconstrued your meaning please clarify. thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 02:54 PM
BlueOwl

My 2 year old daughter has a imaginary friend....well he isn't really quite a friend she actually is alarmed by him and it is very odd...she describes him as being like a grandad so i take that as him being a much older man and he has white hair and wears a green top. She always says he is on the staires or he is coming up the stairs & at first she use to panic but i played it cool and she is more relaxed by it now when she mentions him although still little alarmed. She has seen him about 3 times now ( that she has mentioned anyway ) in the past 8 weeks. I never play on it too much by asking her too many questions and just ask what he looks like and she always says the same thing and drop it.
But she shows other very very obvious imaginations like she says sometimes there is a wolf in the clouds....she has been read the big bad wolf story a few times so think that is where she made that up.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Royalite

I had the same question you did IQ because I get caught up in trance like states with my imaginary friends alot.

Sangress is definitely on to something with her post.

I would also say that if these voices are teaching you something about yourself you may want to look into it. I would be caught up in trances with an abusive love story scenario that would play out in my head for some time until I realized what it was all about. They may just need to be worked out, reintegrated, and accepted if that makes sense.

That being said, if they're insulting you, belittling you, trying to force you to do things to yourself or others that are harmful and you know in your heart that this isn't something that's right for you...you might want to get some help.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Master
gee ... i thought this thread had died out.

my imaginary friends are quite edifying. and though the inner scenarios we engage in aren't always pleasant the "ah ha!" moments produced by engaging in those scenarios are always enlightening in some way or another.

my imaginary friends never try to induce me to do destructive things and they do not insult me. in fact, they discourage me from making desparaging comments about myself. all in all they're really nice guys. they're workaholics but nice guys none the less. however, i still find it disconcerting having people talking to me in my head.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
gee ... i thought this thread had died out.

Oops! Sorry! I didn't check the date of this thread. Just posted. :)
Old 05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamist
Oops! Sorry! I didn't check the date of this thread. Just posted. :)

oh hey! no problem. my imaginary friends are still around so i still have plenty of musings to muse and ponderings to ponder and it doesn't hurt to bounce these strange thoughts of other people. you can sometimes gauge an idea's sanity index by how other folks react to it. of course, on this forum the index gauge as a long arch. just about anywhere else i'd have been told to go see a shrink about some meds.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:27 PM
DulcePoetica

I'm so glad about this conversation, really. I only have one "imaginary friend" but it becomes terrifying to live a life so rich with things I don't believe in. Our interactions in the inner realm are more often high voltage energy exchanges, but very often they end with a silent conversation between us about things I only sometimes understand as words. Sometimes we play and laugh with each other like childhood best friends. Or we just stare at each other trying to see if we can touch each others feet or fingertips. No luck so far. Sometimes we express an impossible undying love for each other that consumes us. Or we try to make sense of this thing by doing science experiments with the energy that flows between us.

This all began after I met him in real life. Immediately after. That night I went home and he came with me and has been an uninvited (but charming) nuisance ever since. Throughout the years, (I can't believe it has actually come to "throughout the years") I have tried to evict him probably a hundred times or more, using different methods, but he laughs at me. Or something is laughing at us, I don't know how it works. I still have occasion to see him in person from time to time, and when I do, since we have come to be reluctant roomies in a shared consciousness, I know him accidentally entirely. Which is awkward, to say the least, since we avoid each other like the plague, though always while staring at each other from across a room full of other people.

In those rare occasions where we encounter each other in person close up, we always seem to be searching in each other's eyes for answers to the madness of our current reality, but we never speak of it. Hardly seems appropriate to bring up such things in polite conversation. I just try over and over to surrender and trust.

Unfortunately for me, there is no other evidence in my life that I am crazy. And I keep looking, I really do. The fact that it "must be real" is apparently more difficult to accept than being insane would be because I keep trying to find evidence of insanity. No luck there either.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Master
Dulce, i can relate to much of what you say, the intense inner "reality", the sharing of visions, the high voltage energy exhanges, the moments of playfulness etc and i too have tried to evict my imaginary friends numerous times to no avail. but i tell you what ... if my "imaginary friends" were accessible in their physical bodies i'd not hesitate to confront them "THERE YOU ARE! now about keeping me up at night ..." lol.

i don't seem to be very crazy in any other way either, though if these jokers hang around for years with no resolution to the mystery of their existance in my head i might become crazy ... crazier anyway. your mental stamina is impressive.